It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Then report on the white people who are unfairly shot by cops. Who says, "i want to hear about white people being shot by cops" as their response to a story of a blackman being shot?

If you and others wanted to , you could easily find those stories and post them online and/or gather media attention.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I did. There was a woman here in Missouri who was shot under strange circumstance by cops during the St. Floyd crap. They recently completed the investigation and concluded they cannot determine exactly what happened.

She was sitting in her car.

I post it from time to time, and no one here cares. She's white you see.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I really don't think I can muster up much sympathy here. If it was my husband, I'd have to seriously consider a voodoo hex or something on his remains for the stupidity.

You know, this kind of thing could be avoided by...the MYOB method. If it ain't your personal business, then just stay out of it. Especially if you're not well armed and in possession of the proverbial upper hand, providing you're not on the business end of the po-po.

A bit cold? Well yes, but I cannot fathom deciding that kind of risk is ever worth it for a stranger. I don't care if it's a woman getting slapped around, or the woman wailing on the guy, not my fight, not my problem. Definitely not worth my life for theirs. Sorry folks. It'd be nice if we were more honest with each other about it, instead of feigning outrage over a name we're going to forget by next weekend anyway. it's not a bad thing to admit, it's not evil, etc. It's just human as hell. False displays of perfection is not. Well, it is, but it's manipulative at best.

Now that's apathy!! Also, honesty, which I appreciate, but its sad that "walk on by" seems tobe the wayof the world now, rather than helping those in need, if one is able.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
Some absolutely sickening comments already, but I should’ve expected no less.

By the way, even IF “hE wAs nO aNGeL” that doesn’t sentence you to be shot dead in the middle of the street like a damn dog.

Sometimes it does.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
heavy.com...

Wolfe City, Texas About 70 miles north of Dallas

Johnathan Price was tased then shot to death today 10/04/2020

*Merritt said on Facebook Price, “noticed a man assaulting a woman and he intervened. When police arrived, I’m told, he raised his hands and attempted to explain what was going on. Police fired tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they ‘perceived a threat’ and shot him to death.” *

I know many of these can be argued that they were past criminals or resisted arrest, but this appears to be a really good guy. Everybody questioned by reporters called him a pillar of the community.

I hope this cop gets what he deserves instead of burning the town down because of an idiot bad cop.
This is one of those, that every moral human will say, yep, that was very wrong. I have seen cops show incredible restrain in really bad situations. It really makes you wonder what this cop was thinking.

It sounds pretty awful, but you're kidding yourself if you think they won't burn the town down, it'll be chaos, mahyem and riot/loot/destruction to Nth degree.

I have no sympathy for police officers that abuse their position and harm suspects without any or little provocation, but my ability to listen and take seriously BLM and their minions is completely finished now, sorry. Nobody should listen to groups that advocate wanton destruction, removal of all police because 1-2 officers did a horrible thing.

Also, even IF the police over-reacted in applying force, again, the guy is beating on a woman (if eyewitness account is true) and I'm supposed to be sympathetic if he's tragically killed confronting police?? What IS it with these disgusting human beings and their unfortunate, tragic death at the hands of the cops why is it always scum of the Earth, Floyd, Jacob Blake, etc. We can surely have a discussion on improving police tactics, but sorry don't want to hear a PEEP from the friends, families and supporters of these foul creatures, nor BLM that is essentially a terror group capitalizing on these incidents to instigate racial conflict.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I want to hear about white people and other races being shot by police not just black people.

Since when have they become special? Have black people become priviledged?

Like I said, what about the other races being shot? Why don't they count?

a reply to: TexasTruth

Why not make a thread about it instead of derailing this one?

Good Gawd is empathy dead on ATS?

RIP Jonathan Price.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Clearly no one can present both sides if the event just took place?

Does this apply to law enforcement too?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

heavy.com...

Wolfe City, Texas About 70 miles north of Dallas

Johnathan Price was tased then shot to death today 10/04/2020

*Merritt said on Facebook Price, “noticed a man assaulting a woman and he intervened. When police arrived, I’m told, he raised his hands and attempted to explain what was going on. Police fired tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they ‘perceived a threat’ and shot him to death.” *

I know many of these can be argued that they were past criminals or resisted arrest, but this appears to be a really good guy. Everybody questioned by reporters called him a pillar of the community.

I hope this cop gets what he deserves instead of burning the town down because of an idiot bad cop.
This is one of those, that every moral human will say, yep, that was very wrong. I have seen cops show incredible restrain in really bad situations. It really makes you wonder what this cop was thinking.

It sounds pretty awful, but you're kidding yourself if you think they won't burn the town down, it'll be chaos, mahyem and riot/loot/destruction to Nth degree.

I have no sympathy for police officers that abuse their position and harm suspects without any or little provocation, but my ability to listen and take seriously BLM and their minions is completely finished now, sorry. Nobody should listen to groups that advocate wanton destruction, removal of all police because 1-2 officers did a horrible thing.

Also, even IF the police over-reacted in applying force, again, the guy is beating on a woman (if eyewitness account is true) and I'm supposed to be sympathetic if he's tragically killed confronting police?? What IS it with these disgusting human beings and their unfortunate, tragic death at the hands of the cops why is it always scum of the Earth, Floyd, Jacob Blake, etc. We can surely have a discussion on improving police tactics, but sorry don't want to hear a PEEP from the friends, families and supporters of these foul creatures, nor BLM that is essentially a terror group capitalizing on these incidents to instigate racial conflict.

Possibly read the story. He intervened when a man was beating a woman. HE was not the one assaulting the woman. He was a city worker and mentor to others.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
...it's a bad one?

Curious, I went out and looked over all the usual suspects for MSM reporting. I expected this story to be splattered all over the headlines by the relentless pot-stirring media trying to fuel racial hate and violence. Here's what I found:

FOX - Nothing
CNN - Nothing
MSNBC - Nothing
CNBC - Nothing
NPR - Nothing

Now, mind you, I was looking at headlines and front pages. I'm sure if I dug some I could find the story, but the point here is, to my surprise; this story wasn't the top story (or anywhere close).

Then I turned to local Texas news:

Dallas Morning News - 2nd story on front page
Dallas FOX 4 - Headline story
NBCDFW - 2nd story on front page

All of the Dallas local news stories pretty much had the same title ..."Wolfe City police officer on leave after shooting, Rangers investigating"

No major point here other than to say what I found searching news sources at 4am this morning (local time), for those trying to gauge national impact of this event, and just how 'bad' this event is.

What if the reasoning is everybody agreed this cop deserves the chair, so it doesn’t create any division? The highly publicized shootings in the past have had questionable characters. The people from the lower income inner cities see the Michael Browns with a record and fear of cops as their neighbors and family. This guy appears to be golden, so we all agree, then no division.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So did you really just say the guy had the cops called on him for assaulting a woman and then turn around and say this is a really good guy.

what the hell

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So did you really just say the guy had the cops called on him for assaulting a woman and then turn around and say this is a really good guy.

what the hell

Read the article, the cops were called on someone else for assaulting the woman, he was trying to break up the fight.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Price’s Family Says

All you need to know right there

That’s a quote taken from the original article
edit on 5-10-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If he was wrongly shot, the police responsible will pay the price. It's not often they shoot someone with no reason, but it does happen, and when it does, they face justice.

Chances are, since this guy seems like a good guy, there won't be much rioting and looting. That's normally just for thugs that get killed in drug busts and raids and resisting arrests and attacking the police. For the time being, I'm gonna give Price the benefit of the doubt because if he's like 99% of other fitness guys, he stays out of trouble and seems to like to talk to people, I could definitely see him trying to intervene.

Hopefully we'll see some details on this soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I see some griping about the source. The reason I grabbed that one was it was the first one I found after hearing of the shooting on local tv news. I looked at ATS and didn’t see this being talked about so made a post. I rarely do, and certainly not about the previous cop shootings. They all seemed short on info about the victim which made me wonder their past history, and most were resisting arrest after a crime (no matter how minor the crime).
This guy immediately hit me as somebody who this should have never happened to.
I’ll wait to be proven wrong and will admit I was duped if so, but forgive me as seeing this guy as a good one if it crushes your world view. I look at these case by case and this one sucks.

Another one that didn’t make headlines happened in Fort Worth last year. A black woman called the cops about a possible intruder, she searched her house and had a pistol out, the cop shows up, looks in a window, see her and the gun, shoots her dead in her own house without saying a word. No riots, he was charged right away and fired. Like it’s suppose to work.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's pretty much how I feel, but this time it seems different. We don't usually get multiple pictures of the guys who get shot, and if we do, it looks like they're into gang activity, drugs, guns, etc. The other pictures of this guy show him speaking to football teams, focusing on fitness, etc. In my opinion, he doesn't have time for all that other stuff. More details will tell the tale here.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
...it's a bad one?

Curious, I went out and looked over all the usual suspects for MSM reporting. I expected this story to be splattered all over the headlines by the relentless pot-stirring media trying to fuel racial hate and violence. Here's what I found:

FOX - Nothing
CNN - Nothing
MSNBC - Nothing
CNBC - Nothing
NPR - Nothing

Now, mind you, I was looking at headlines and front pages. I'm sure if I dug some I could find the story, but the point here is, to my surprise; this story wasn't the top story (or anywhere close).

Then I turned to local Texas news:

Dallas Morning News - 2nd story on front page
Dallas FOX 4 - Headline story
NBCDFW - 2nd story on front page

All of the Dallas local news stories pretty much had the same title ..."Wolfe City police officer on leave after shooting, Rangers investigating"

No major point here other than to say what I found searching news sources at 4am this morning (local time), for those trying to gauge national impact of this event, and just how 'bad' this event is.

What if the reasoning is everybody agreed this cop deserves the chair, so it doesn’t create any division? The highly publicized shootings in the past have had questionable characters. The people from the lower income inner cities see the Michael Browns with a record and fear of cops as their neighbors and family. This guy appears to be golden, so we all agree, then no division.

You nailed it. Everyone can see the cover of this book, and the cover presents an actual good guy. Those media sources know that we all mostly side with the victim when the victim is really a victim so there's no use in pushing their division. As sad as it is, there are families out there who raise thugs that hate police, then fight the police and get killed, so those families now walk away with millions. Price's family will walk away with memories because their kid was actually a good kid and there's no division or agenda to push behind it. The media is truly the enemy.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Pretty much everyone agreed on Floyd at the outset too. Or are we talking about everyone as in the all sides all the way around, no doubt, like the case of the cop who shot the man in the back?

There was no national outcry over that and it was clearly a case of the cop shooting a man who no intentions of anything except running.

That cop got charged too.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Pretty much everyone agreed on Floyd at the outset too. Or are we talking about everyone as in the all sides all the way around, no doubt, like the case of the cop who shot the man in the back?

There was no national outcry over that and it was clearly a case of the cop shooting a man who no intentions of anything except running.

That cop got charged too.

When it's a clear cut case that gets the cop charged, it's never discussed in the media. They're pieces of filth that only cater to pieces of filth getting killed.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'll pay attention to this type of thread when whites, Hispanics, and Asians shot by the police get equal time.
edit on 10/5/2020 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

Well, as I pointed out, the pattern is that big black men seem to be more the victims. I don't see many stories about police abuse with small black men. That tells me it is fear instead of racial bias.

Now, a part of that fear could be a subconscious race-related issue, but there's no real way to get rid of that except to let people get to know each other. The constant focus on racism prevents that and actually makes matters worse.

In other words, I do not believe the cop intended to let racism sway his decision. I think he was primarily just afraid, and that is a big problem with any cop.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join