It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut hit by massive explosion wounding several and damaging buildings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Cos fireworks have colours and there were no colours in the initial explosions to be seen

That’s why, simple and obvious in my opinion
That and Palestine are likely not allowed fireworks because they are rockets, bloody hell, common sense must be uncommon, hezbollah rocket Israel and could use fireworks as propellants

And yet youre not using common sense.........fireworks dont look the same during the day as they do at night.......and they wouldnt even look like what youre use to anyway if it hit the storage for the explosive ingredients used in fireworks.......

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Local Fady Roumieh was stood in the car park to shopping centre ABC Mall Achrafieh, around 2km east of the blast, when the explosion occurred. He said: 'It was like a nuclear bomb.
The damage is so widespread and severe all over the city. Some buildings as far as 2km are partially collapsed. It's like a war zone.
The damage is extreme. Not one glass window intact.'
One witness said: 'I saw a fireball and smoke billowing over Beirut. People were screaming and running, bleeding. Balconies were blown off buildings. Glass in high-rise buildings shattered and fell to the street.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It looks like the whole city has felt the effects

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
BBC report Lebanons chief of security says the cause was "highly explosive material,but NOT explosives."
Im not sure how that can be deduced at this stage but thats what they rekon.

Whatever caused it,its going to have serious repurcussions on the country which was in dire straights before this happened.

Edit:

Isreal have said they are not responsible for the explosion.

“Highly explosive material, not explosives...”

Oxidizer, as might be used in rocket engines, perhaps?

Kind of depends on how loosely you define the term “fireworks”, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Can anyone find the building on google earth, the one that explode.
Does it have a tag name.

Perhaps there is a rabbit hole to discover.
edit on 4-8-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now that is some serious damage.....zoom in on the surrounding buildings....

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Cannot zoom in on that..
do you have a link to the source

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Beirut explosion was a assassination.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Gotta say I first saw this on Twitter, just the video and before I checked the news I thot aught Israel had detonated a nuke.

2020 just needs to end

Were absolutely not surprised that YOU automatically thought Israel nuked someone.........

Haha!

Fair enough am sharing my first impressions.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The large building at the site of the explosion looks like some sort of storage silos. Could be for grain, flour, sugar... all of which contain dusts that are potentially explosive. It could also have been for chemical storage. The fire could have started in some warehouse or industrial plant that was not affiliated with the silos. Industrial parks jam one industry next to another.
We will have to wait a bit for a definitive answer about what was located there and what happened.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

“Highly explosive material, not explosives...”

Oxidizer, as might be used in rocket engines, perhaps?

Kind of depends on how loosely you define the term “fireworks”, I suppose.

Such an insane idea to keep all the confiscated explosives(if that is the cause)in one warehouse at the port.
They took hundreds/thousands of potentially small threats and put them all in one location,creating a potential massive explosion hazard which terrorists could only dream about.

It would have been far safer if they had either dismantled/destroyed the confiscated materials as they were found,or even repurposed it into quarrying explosives or something.
Theres really no excuse for just keeping the stuff all in the same place..

I have thought the same about the munitions from the first world war-in France they are still collecting bombs and they keep them all in a warehouse-but hopefully they are slowly dismantling them.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

edit on 4-8-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
33°54'4.32"N 35°31'4.64"E

Anyone that can identify these buildings.
This is ground zero

edit on 4-8-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In 2000 a fireworks warehouse exploded in the town of Enschede in the Netherlands resulting in 28 deaths, 950 injured and 200 houses destroyed. this is what an explosion like that looks like, explosion is around 1:38. You do see actual fireworks shooting in all directions and causing multiple fires. The final and big explosion is at around 3;50, blowing everything away

edit on 4-8-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The anti-misinformation self-appointed fact checkers are all over the BBC reporting. They are even trying to suggest that past explosions are being shared to make it look worse than it was, etc.

The fact is, there is no way on God's green Earth that this was a 'fireworks' blast.

It seemed very much to have the hallmarks of something EQUIVALENT to a battlefield nuke. It may have been conventional explosives, but it was certainly NOT a small fireworks storage warehouse. My personal thoughts are that it probably was an actual battlefield nuke, or something akin to a DUMB bunker buster planted on the surface before being detonated as a deliberately set fire provided 'cover' for the explosion, rather than the device having been launched from a weapons platform in the sky or on the sea.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

If it was a nuke there would be nothing left there.

I don't think this was a bombing.

If it was a bombing, its a terribly made bomb. Most of the energy seems to have dissipated upwards (maybe not most, but a lot). Not outwards.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Beirut explosion was a assassination.

Target was:

Re: Beruit Blasts:

Target:
Sec. General Nazar Najarian.
CEO of Tetran Holding Inc.
PanPa Connect:
Agnt: M.Fonseca
Intermediary:
EXTUID_2331
N.G. Trustees & Nomineees Limited.
-
Split.
-
Former:
Darwish Holding.
UAE
--
Believe H.T. & Launder.
Target for silence.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The explosion size, pressure wave indicates it was strong enough to be nuclear.. That being said, I'm not sure anyone has ever seen a battlefield nuke go off. I suspect this isn't nuclear as there isn't the bright flash associated with a nuclear detonation. Having never seen a tac nuke explosion I'm unsure if we should see that, but a typical nuclear explosion will release bright flash of some sort during the nuclear reaction.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I agree, all that was missing was the flash.

It reminded me of fuel air bombs with that blast wave.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Beirut, Lebanon scene of the explosion. Man saying it was a missile. Bodies are everywhere.

This is a short 20 sec clip from someone on the ground.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The first explosion provided cover for the second one. The second explosion was too centrally evident, as in, it went up in one single chemical action, not caused by the sort of chain reaction one would expect if numerous piles of explosives just happened to start blasting.. It would have looked far more 'scattergun' if it was legitimately a store of chemicals which went boom, multiple explosions in a cluster# chain reaction, '...boom, boom, shaboom-KABOOM'. Not a single, centrally consistent massive explosion ('BANG MOTHER#ER'). The fireworks were sparking off at the beginning, but for my money, this is probably an Israeli action being disguised as a fireworks explosion so they don't unnecessarily stoke tensions to the point of a war, yet still manage to achieve their objective - to destroy the port & potentially a store of munitions, to decimate a meeting between bad actors, whatever. It could be that there were multiple motives, taking advantage of a confluence of circumstances to achieve multiple objectives without raising suspicions to the heights of implausibility.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join