It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Police Chief resigns after Black Man shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

non lethal weapon in Georigia

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Granby

less than lethal everywhere, according to the manufacturer, you know the people that make them.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

less than lethal everywhere, according to the manufacturer, you know the people that make them.

but not the people that make the case law

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

you don't think the people that make the case law know this, now will they pander to thug sympathizers in the climate that is now present in the U.S. remains to be seen.

so why don't you post some case law you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Excuse me, but what has the location got to do with whether something is lethal or not?

Look, I am not going to excuse the cops. This was probably poorly handled. Not gonna argue that. But the bottom line is that the guy did grab a weapon from the cops, he did run away, he did turn and try to fire it at the cop. That's enough for me to make the following statement:

This was not George Floyd. George Floyd was the best damn shot we have had in decades at getting something real accomplished about police brutality. And you guys blew it. No one is concerned about George Floyd right now; they're concerned about being robbed or attacked or looted with no police available to help protect them.

You guys managed to take a case for justice on a silver platter with a big red ribbon tied around it and turn it into some sort of useless social justice masturbation attempt. You literally snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory! I am still amazed at how people could have screwed that up so bad! And now, you want to try for a repeat performance using a questionable case?

Yes, it's questionable... the officers claimed he failed a field sobriety test. He was passed out in a Wendy's blocking traffic, so if the report is true he was guilty of DUI. The cops had a duty to arrest him in that case. He therefore resisted arrest and attempted to assault a police officer. No way in holy Hades will the cop ever be prosecuted. As a matter of fact, it is standard procedure to take a blood alcohol reading after a fatality, and that will likely bear out the officers.

Oh, and tasers are indeed sometimes lethal, and almost always incapacitating. That last part makes them a lethal threat to an armed cop. The story about tasers doesn't get to change when you want it to. I said they were potentially lethal back when that argument was going on, and I will say the same thing now. This "use whatever story fits" crap is why Derek Chauvin will walk away a free man after killing George Floyd on camera in broad daylight.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If that were my kid, I'd feel like I did a terrible job raising him. Someone that steals a weapon from cop, deadly or not (depends, because people have been killed by tasers), is probably gonna get put down for good... definitely shot at. Because someone capable of this is clearly a danger to everyone. What if he'd jacked that car with the kid in it to get away? Literally any option is in the table when it comes to idiots like this. Maybe defunding the police and teaching that in schools would help, because it seems to be mystery even to you.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
And now Atlanta is burning. I guess the mayor there is off the table for a VP pick. All she can do is scream for the scalps of her officers.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Can't take the heat?

Get out of the kitchen.

She lost ALL CREDIBILITY - so sad.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Atlanta had better have several potential police chiefs ready to hire on a moment's notice. I got the feeling they'll be losing at least one per month for the foreseeable future.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Justified!!! Good Effin riddance to worthless garbage...!!! F... your feelings!! Case closed!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But the bottom line is that the guy did grab a weapon from the cops, he did run away, he did turn and try to fire it at the cop.

he did fire the weapon, if you run the video at .25 speed as i said you can see the leads from it unfurl before they hit the cop.
start and stop it thru the :12 sec mark frames. also if you run it from the 8 sec mark just before the guy comes from behind the white car you can see the cop holding up his taser which is lit up lit like the one in the guys hand. it is lit up all the way until he's hit and it goes out when he drops it.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just saw that. Fools. Absolute fools!

I know we have members in Hot-lanta. I hope they stay safe.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Because it was somehow the fault of the Wendy's that all this happened, so they're looting it and possibly burning it.

I just don't get that logic.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

These old eyes aren't what they used to be. I'll take your word for it. :up;

In the end, just trying to fire is justification for a cop. That would just be icing on the cake.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

They set fire to a gas station next to the Wendys... What could happen if the under ground gas tanks catch fire?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no logic, only incompetence.

This will continue.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

i had to put on my 3.25 computer glasses to see it, they make everything come alive again.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Disappointed in the police chief for resigning in response to this incident. They clearly put someone with the opposite of leadership qualities in a leadership position. Shameful, weak-kneed individual. This was the time to step up and lead.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

They're like the small children who scream and yell and wrap themselves around their mother's leg at the store because momma won't buy cookies. They only reason it gets to that stage at all is because momma has not held firm in the past and she's caved to their demands.

And I'm not talking about just at this level, but all along the way. All their lives, tantrums have worked for them.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Gots to try me some of them...

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join