It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Police Chief resigns after Black Man shot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: CryHavoc

They set fire to a gas station next to the Wendys... What could happen if the under ground gas tanks catch fire?

I don't like my Burgers well-done.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's why it will continue. These people not only do not know how to win, but they also don't know how to stop losing. In the end there can only be one side left: those who throw the tantrums or those who say no.

The rot in society is too deep to be cleansed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It may get cleansed, but the path through that could be long and bloody and no one might like what we come out of it looking like.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Atlanta is not burning.

The Wendy's where the shooting apparently happened was attacked and set fire earlier and there's currently what looks like a bonfire in front of the Wendy's (like maybe a bonfire or tires or something on fire) This is in the heart of the Atlanta University Center. (Morehouse, Spelman College, etc.) (And no, I'm not there, I'm watching on www.wsbtv.com)

Protestors are (or were) on the downtown "connector" which is where I-75 and I-85 merge for about 2 miles coming through the "center" of Atlanta. (This section is easily accessible, and most traffic slows there anyway. It's not unusual.)

Yeah, this is certainly less execution style than some other deaths, but Jesus what a dumb time for cops to shoot another Black man, in the back, and what a dumb place to do it in. The GBI is investigating which means that there are questions about whether the shooting was justified.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
just re watched the eye witness video, and it seems the cop that had his taser up hit him and was squeezin the juice to it as they ran by the car. you can hear it buzzin as they go by.

so this guy is running away while 30,000–50,000 volts, and if i recall about 2 milli amps.

either atlanta pd's taser are faulty, or the guy was really wasted feeling no pain.

video is in shawmanfromny post on page one.
edit on 13-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Fire Department is on scene trying to keep the fire contained, but they have apparently decided to let the Wendy's burn out for safety reasons.

Those poor, poor hamburgers...

At least the police are responding down here. They are making arrests as needed, although I am sure some will sllip through. It's a mess.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Also, I'm not sure that that we need to be talking about "cleansing society" in the same thread we're talking about police killing ANOTHER Black man in questionable circumstances.

For what it's worth (and I've lived here my whole life) tazers have ALWAYS been pushed as non-lethal. Even though we knnow that under the exact right circumstances it could cause a heart-attack in some people.

I don't personally think it was an "execution" ... but it was really really poor judgement on the part of the officers.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Atlanta is not burning.

Just a bonfire to you, ain't it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Atlanta is not burning.

Just a bonfire to you, ain't it?

TheRedneck

That was the way the reporter on scene just described it.

I'm not there.

Is that all you've got? Suggesting that I'm trying to minimize the situation?

I'm not. I'm also not okay with silly claims like "Atlanta is burning."

edit on 13-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That was the way the reporter on scene just described it.

Oh, that's plenty of good reason to assume it's nothing.

Is that all you've got?

No. There's plenty more. Likely more than you could handle in 1000 lifetimes.

But I have learned some disturbing things today, and I have enough sense to know when to hold my tongue. So your opinion is duly... ignored as the irrelevant drivel it is.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because it was somehow the fault of the Wendy's that all this happened, so they're looting it and possibly burning it.

I just don't get that logic.

Simple, it's not about justice. It's about opportunity to lash out at whitey. They think businesses are all owned by rich white people, thanks to the dishonest media and Hollywood. That Wendy's is probably locally owned by a franchisee.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

They set fire to a gas station next to the Wendys... What could happen if the under ground gas tanks catch fire?

That actually doesn't happen. That only happens in the movies. In real life, the pressure from the tanks keeps the fire from making its way down there. Plus there are valves that are supposed to slam shut in case of a fire. They could malfunction but it's still extraordinarily unlikely for the fire to reach the tanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Disappointed in the police chief for resigning in response to this incident. They clearly put someone with the opposite of leadership qualities in a leadership position. Shameful, weak-kneed individual. This was the time to step up and lead.

Totally agree. How did this excuse for a leader become Chief? Maybe that's one things that's wrong with our police departments.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Fire Department is on scene trying to keep the fire contained, but they have apparently decided to let the Wendy's burn out for safety reasons.

Those poor, poor hamburgers...

At least the police are responding down here. They are making arrests as needed, although I am sure some will sllip through. It's a mess.

TheRedneck

And they just brought back the Big Bacon Classic too!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

There's probably a 50/50 chance that the owner is black.

The message is clear: "Either let black men do whatever they want when they want and how they want to who they want, or we'll burn everything to the ground."

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Also, I'm not sure that that we need to be talking about "cleansing society" in the same thread we're talking about police killing ANOTHER Black man in questionable circumstances.

For what it's worth (and I've lived here my whole life) tazers have ALWAYS been pushed as non-lethal. Even though we knnow that under the exact right circumstances it could cause a heart-attack in some people.

I don't personally think it was an "execution" ... but it was really really poor judgement on the part of the officers.

A lot of these tasers look just like a gun. If you're the cop and he turns around and points something at you that looks like a gun, are you gonna risk your life on the hope that it's just a taser?

Even if it is just the taser, are you gonna trust this violent, intoxicated man to just leave you alone after he tases you?

You'll equivocate because you don't want to see the other side, but the answer to both those questions is no you wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

LOL ... nitpicking and boasting.

Then ignore me and stop trying to sound so ominous and important.

I don't respect your opinion and you don't respect mine. Well established.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For someone complaining about such a hyper-race conscious society ...

Yeah, society, top to bottom, could use a good cleansing. It's sick, and that has nothing to do with race. Hopefully, we can find a way to achieve that without bloodshed, but this isn't a good start.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The suspect was running away. They had just had a hands on tussle with him.

I'm not saying it was the typical execution style BS.

Just really poor judgement at the present time.

IN my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Fine. Then quit making obnoxious statements.

Damn, I should have typed faster.

So your solution is no law whatsoever for anyone with dark skin, then. NO. Let me rephrase that: HELL, NO.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/13/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join