It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump emerges from bunker to hold up a Bible outside church in photo op

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Haven't you been one of the major fear mongers on this site about the COVID-19 virus?

One of the "masks at all times", "shelter in place you don't want to kill grandma" town criers?

You should be happy mean old Donald Drumpfy was keeping you safe.

Or are you just a hypocrite?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Some people are saying the fire at St. John’s was set intentionally to give Trump an easy walk.

Some people are usually full of crap, but ... you know. Who knows? Right?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Cute narrative, but not even the clergy at the Church were informed that Trump would be making an appearance. Instead they were chased off with tear gas and rubber bullets just like the protesters.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

And if you don’t vote, they’ve achieved what they want.

By They I’m not referring to the Dems or the Reps.

They want us to feel powerless. They want us to stop caring. Or they want us to cheer on the state terrorists going after the domestic terrorists.

No win, no win, no win situation ...

The only thing YOU can do is learn to rely on YOURSELF. Help others when you can, but YOU are all you have.

YMMV

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So using the military to clear out peaceful protesters so you can take a photo-op isn't the kind of thing a dictator would do?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: CitizenZero

The church was torched by a violent mob that thinks it knows what it wants. Of course the schizophrenic media took it as a moment to poo-poo the president.

According to the Bishop of the diocese ... there was very little damage from the church being “torched” ...

Facts.

Fire, graffiti, broken windows. I’m sure they meant well.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And yet from everything I've read, religious leaders think this PR stunt was disgusting.

Trump clearly has no idea what he's doing at this point.

Which they have every right too.

I do find it odd they seem more upset about this than the rioters trying to burn down their church, or left wingers like bidens campaign posting bail for people arrested during the riots.

But hey, they are entitled to their opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why would you be surprised? A church is just a building. What Trump did was corrupt their religion in an attempt to score a few political points.

That a much bigger affront to their god than anything the protesters did.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So using the military to clear out peaceful protesters so you can take a photo-op isn't the kind of thing a dictator would do?

Hey sure.
But.
Would a dictator allow the media to spread the story?
A dick move for sure.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And yet from everything I've read, religious leaders think this PR stunt was disgusting.

His days are def numbered!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well im glad you think so.

I would not be happy with leadership of my church if they felt people burning it down and beating people senseless in riots was worse than a guy saying he wanted to stop the riots and taking a picture at my chucrh

Just like Im skeptical of all of the people outraged by this that have very little to say about the left wing domestic terrorists burning down cites, beating people, etc.

But hey, we all have priorities right?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well no. When I did it , it was part of telling churchgoers and the public that God doesn't like molesterers. Used to hold it the right way up too. Turned the bishop of Chichester white once - standing there with it in his yard - years later it's in the papers , he's a you know what . God works in mysterious ways. Actually, there was another one in New York doing it too, after 9/11

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes, I certainly do.

Not painting fellow human beings as animals.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Hey sure.
But.
Would a dictator allow the media to spread the story?
A dick move for sure.

He has no choice for the moment.

Give him time and access to the kind of power that so many are slobbering over him having?

All media becomes state media.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well no. When I did it , it was part of telling churchgoers and the public that God doesn't like molesterers. Used to hold it the right way up too. Turned the bishop of Chichester white once - standing there with it in his yard - years later it's in the papers , he's a you know what . God works in mysterious ways. Actually, there was another one in New York doing it too, after 9/11

We all have our crosses to bear.

The Bible isn’t the problem. The church isn’t the problem. A President holding a BIble is not the problem.

The problem is this man, so desperate to appear strong, had government forces open fire on American citizens for this sad, pathetic, attempt. He looks so weak in that photo. So ... small.

link   
Meanwhile while trump is the super worse person ever to have been born for taking a photo at a chucrg.

Dem NY gov cuomo admits a failure of leadership with DEM NYC mayo De Blasio, and says not using the police to stop these riots was a disgrace

twitter.com...

Well at least De Blasio didnt take a picture in front of a church, that would have been horrible.

link   

link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes, I certainly do.

Not painting fellow human beings as animals.

So you are against the terrorists rioting because they call police animials and racist.

I agree thats terrible

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The church looks pretty good to have been “torched” and “burned down” doesn’t it?

Facts.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

His days are def numbered!

How many days in 4 more years?
Asking for a friend..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join