It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump emerges from bunker to hold up a Bible outside church in photo op

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ahead of Trump Bible photo op, police forcibly expel priest from St. John’s church near White House

“They turned holy ground into a battleground,” said the Rev. Gini Gerbasi.

Gerbasi, who serves as rector at a different St. John’s Episcopal Church, in nearby Georgetown, arrived at St. John’s Lafayette earlier that day with what she said were at least 20 other priests and a group of laypeople. They were organized by the Episcopal Diocese of Washington to serve as a “peaceful presence in support of protesters.”

The volunteers and clergy offered water, snacks and hand sanitizer to demonstrators who were gathered in Lafayette Park across the street — which sits directly in front of the White House — to denounce racism and police brutality after the death of Floyd.

But sometime after 6 in the evening, when volunteers were packing up supplies, Gerbasi said police suddenly began to expel demonstrators from the park — before the 7 p.m. curfew announced for Washington residents earlier in the day.

“I was suddenly coughing from the tear gas,” she said. “We heard those explosions and people would drop to the ground because you weren’t sure what it was.”

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Just remember.

Not only is Trump the “law and order” President, he’s also all about Freedom of Religion.

Until it screws a sad pathetic photo-op. IMO
edit on 2-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The church was burned BECAUSE it was associated with the White House, and former presidents.

BLM moved onto the porch about 3 hours before trump came. There where no crowds on that side of Lafayette Park, so they started handing out water and food and first aid there, to get the crowd to move over to the church before trumps arrival

The whole thing was street theater

The goal was to deny trump a photo op, or else get him to use force against “the people.”

Trump is a fake Christian, and so the media is constantly framing his poser- religiosity to try and peel off trumps evangelical supporters, as well as his support among black Christians

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So you are against the terrorists rioting because they call police animials and racist.

I agree thats terrible

Nope, juts getting very tired of watching sick freaks torture people until those people act poorly, than claiming those poor actions demand more torture.

Granted, watching these same sick freaks try to justify their actions with this nonsense, may actually change my view on humans as animals and vice versa.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: blueman12

And yet from everything I've read, religious leaders think this PR stunt was disgusting.

Trump clearly has no idea what he's doing at this point.

His days are def numbered!

How many days in 4 more years?
Asking for a friend..

The guy is a complete Moron! He will get himself thrown out before then the way he is acting. It is amazing, and very worrying that a Moron like this is the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

Guess that's the times we live in.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Imo it looks like he did it to make a stand , one of those against all advice trump moves. He came out of the wh bunker , out of the house , down the drive , out the gate across the park , on foot , etc . Like braver than thou , do what I damn well like kind of trump moves , an f u of all Fu s ...
Sometimes I used get that off holding it , used to say , "behold he does what he likes and he likes what he does " full volume . Got away with it every time too , like holding a license

link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: CitizenZero
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

The church was torched by a violent mob that thinks it knows what it wants. Of course the schizophrenic media took it as a moment to poo-poo the president.

According to the Bishop of the diocese ... there was very little damage from the church being “torched” ...

Facts.

Fire, graffiti, broken windows. I’m sure they meant well.

They didn’t mean well, and it was, as most of the vandalism, stupid.

Did the Rector deserve to be thrown out by Trump’s thugs though?

Did the Americans outside peaceably exercising their Constitutituional rights deserve to be attacked by military forces?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

“A source” in the White House told Black Lives Matter that DJ Trump was planning to speak from the burned out ruins of St. John’s, the “church of the presidents,”

And your source is ?
Anyone who believes the White House would tell BLM where Trump was going to be needs to step back and think about the absurdity of the claim.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Again, any proof trump ordered this?

If he did as the article suggests, its bad.

But there is another side

First on WTOP: U.S. Park Police is explaining its decision-making in clearing Lafayette Square, at least 20 minutes before DC's 7p curfew, on night 4 of protests....
8:13 AM · Jun 2, 2020·TweetDeck
Retweets
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
Replying to
@AugensteinWTOP
A source says tear gas was never used -- instead smoke cannisters were deployed, which don't have an uncomfortable irritant in them. And, the source says Park Police didn't know President Trump would be walking across the park several minutes later. Park Police say...
Neal Augenstein
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
...the reason the crowd was disbursed with smoke cannisters is that at that moment, officers were being pelted with water bottles. Another factor was that protesters had climbed on top of the structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been burned the day before.
Neal Augenstein
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
Obviously, this is Park Police's side of the story. I'll be checking with @wtop
reporters who were on the scene last night, to plug-in what they observed with what Park Police are telling me. Park Police will be releasing a statement later today.
Neal Augenstein
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
Obviously folks in the White House will be asked today about the President's walk across Lafayette Square to St. John's Episcopal Church. But, my Park Police source says the agency made its decision to use smoke cannisters at that moment because of what was being thrown at...
Neal Augenstein
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
..officers, not because President Trump planned to make an unannounced walk to the church. Park Police will be releasing a statement later today. We will keep asking questions.
Neal Augenstein
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
In theory it's possible another agency used tear gas, in addition to Park Police using smoke cannisters, but my source was on the scene, got a dose of smoke, but didn't feel the irritants of tear gas. Clearly, the phrase "tear gas" has been used widely in the reporting...
Neal Augenstein
@AugensteinWTOP
·
1h
..and I'm continuing to try to learn who used what. Will keep you in the loop

twitter.com...

The country on fire, even democrat governor admitting nyc mayor did a disgraceful job letting the city burn, and some people are more concerned with a picture trump took

link   
Trump clearly did not like the narrative that he was hiding in a bunker. So he shattered that media story.

And no, nobody cares that protesters were moved for the President. Nobody cared when it was any former pres and nobody cares now.

link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Trump is really trying to get that christian vote. Kind of pathetic.

As pathetic as telling black people that if you vote for Trump, you ain't black?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

He looks really bad.

Apropos of nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

And yet from everything I've read, religious leaders think this PR stunt was disgusting.

Asking for a friend..

The guy is a complete Moron! He will get himself thrown out before then the way he is acting. It is amazing, and very worrying that a Moron like this is the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

Guess that's the times we live in.

Have you seen what the dems are running against him? Sad indeed.

I'm not sure moron would be the right term.
Multi billionaire and was elected president.
I wish I was that stupid..lol
edit on 2-6-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

As pathetic as telling black people that if you vote for Trump, you ain't black?

Nah.

Both are sad, pathetic pandering old men.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

It's not that he is holding a bible or is Christian. Nothing wrong with that. It's the silly see-through PR stunts that are the laughable thing.

Meh. They all do this. You only have a problem with it because it was Trump. He neither gained nor lost voters with this, I don't see why it bothers you so much.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Asking for a friend..
1693 to go.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Nah.

And Biden is racist. But we'll let that slip since he's a democrat.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'd start supporting Biden if I was you.

I mean, we can't have Trump as president anymore.

Better yet, why not just apologize to the Queen and hope that the UK takes us back.

Let the media-spun lynching of POTUS begin!

Attack!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Nah.

And Biden is racist. But we'll let that slip since he's a democrat.

Why?

That is one place Trump beats out Joe though. He is a bigger racist.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The source in the White House was an anti-trump staffer.

My source is Instagram posts from someone who was in Lafayette park before trumps speech

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join