It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It’s sad people live in so much fear they follow the government’s orders like obedient children.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

yea, i think that masks are crap to be honest. its all about holding your spit close to your body so you don't infect. I just turn my hoody around and wrap it around my nose/mouth. I always have me "Mask" if its required. thats what I do when I go to the stores for groceries in my small town, in my county with 4 cases, and 0 fatalities since this started. I get if I were in a large city, with a massive outbreak. However people have to realize that not everywhere is the same. An example, when I go to the larger town, I were a better cloth mask. I avoid cities currently, as I'm not wasting money buying a proper mask, nor am I going to wear it that long. Easier just not to go. All that said. I think what I do is fine. I'm a recluse, and in the last 3 months, save walking the dog in the woods, I have been out 4X to get groceries and thats it. People like me aren't the issue. the issue are people that come into contact with a Plethora of other places and people in hotspots. I don't fit that situation, so I'm not going to be bothered to conform for the sake of conforming. I will happily take my 2400 for the government to keep things shut down though, and encourage the government to give me another 100k. I really think my bitcoin investments will take off when run away inflation kicks in and we're like Venezuela. Luckily, I should be able to buy a very nice house in another country when that happens. New Zealand? Maybe Peru. Haven't decided yet.

Camain

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I hate confrontational and hostile people too, I don't know what the big deal is. All I know is that wearing a mask and exercising cleanliness during all this is far better than wearing a bubble ventilator over your head in quarantine for several weeks and drowning on your own fluids.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Man you're old...

Then again, they were a bit late in the US with seatbelt legislation, even in 1984 it was still up to the individual states. Whereas in my country it was 1976 when it was already made compulsory, before my birth. So I may be getting the wrong impression regarding your age (don't know in which year they made it compulsory in your state, I've never known it to be otherwise in my country so it felt like the law had been around quite a while, even longer than since 1976; I just learned that detail on wiki when I was trying to guess how old you could possibly be).
edit on 14-5-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Just some random dude or an employee?

Random dude! Store employees don't care, they don't want to wear them either.
Just some stranger in the parking lot.

I guess when they all get sick and die we won't even be able to get groceries.

Honestly. Whether you believe TPTB or not (and I'm really not sure I do) what is it really going to hurt for you to just wear the damn thing if you have one? If every word of it is true then this is a dangerous scrap of land to fight over. If every word of it is a lie, you lose absolutely nothing but maybe a few notches off your pride. And bonus points, you'll blend and people won't pester you. Do you really need more stress in your life this bad that you deliberately antagonize people? And don't tell me you weren't just hoping someone would say something. Obviously you had what you would say all planned out.

The dude antagonized me. If he didn't want it back he shouldn't have bothered me. I had no planned speech, more was shocked that someone would go out of their way to approach me in that manner. If I choose not to mask up that is my business and for reasons of my own. If others choose to get in my space they put themselves at risk of their own free will. I keep my distance from people, if they do not keep their distance from me that is on them.

Were you quilling as well?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Had a similar experience at an Asda petrol station, started filling up and she came over the tannoy “can pump 6 put on some gloves”. Just ignored her first couple of shouts then she switched the pump off and said pump 6 put your hands in the air. That’s exactly what I did with a total of 2 fingers extended.

Went in and told her she isn’t the bloody (used more colourful language) police.

People need to reign it in, mind yer own goddam business, neurotic fools.

What she doesn’t know is I work alongside the area manager for Asda, never said anything but I could have landed her in the doo doo. People should think before they speak.
edit on 14/5/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Yeah, I hate confrontational and hostile people too, I don't know what the big deal is. All I know is that wearing a mask and exercising cleanliness during all this is far better than wearing a bubble ventilator over your head in quarantine for several weeks and drowning on your own fluids.

And for all those proclaiming this to be a big nothingburger. Be patient. You don't have to look for it...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
GAWD, people are wetoddit. A mask is to protect you from spreading anything as its a physical barrier. It doesn't exactly prevent you from catching anything unless of course it's a mask that is skin tight and rated to filter viruses and bacteria. Generally masks are for sick people, not healthy ones. The reason healthcare workers wear them is because its a hospital/clinic. Sickness all over the place.

Again just another physical barrier to prevent transmission. SIgh, you touch your face up to a few hundred times a day without knowing it. This thing is primarily transmitted by touch. While it does have airborne qualities, it is more difficult to transmit that way without sneezing and coughing being involved. People that wear gloves for instance have a false sense of security as they generally cross contaminate themselves with gloves on because they don't wash their hands or use gloves properly. Most don't even use masks properly.

So whats the difference? Don't want cooties? Wash yer damn hands.

We're doomed as a species

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I just got home from grocery shopping where I had my first ever mask confrontation!

I parked my truck and was getting out- nobody anywhere near me. I'm not wearing a mask these days unless a store requires one for entry so I keep one in my purse just in case but haven't needed it yet. All of a sudden I hear "Ma'am you need to have a mask on!" I turned around and there was a man about 10-12 feet away from me wearing a mask of course. Now mind you- it is NOT mandatory to wear a mask when out and about in my state. So I looked at him and said:

"I have a mask in my purse if I can't enter the store without one, but what I do or do not do is none of your (fill in the 2 blanks here) business and you can (fill in one more blank) right off!!!"

That dudes eyes got so big I thought they were going to pop out over his mask! Then he starts falling all over himself apologizing as I flip him the bird and head for the store entrance.

Gonna grab a drink and start putting away the groceries now, just had to tell somebody!

Well done. Another beta dork who got what he deserved. :-)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sure the random dude was a douchebag...

But the profanity laced tirade from the OP wasn't any better. A more adult response would have been no response. But it appears we are past that at this stage....

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Good for you. Fact is the vast majority don't need masks. It isn't a big deal and this "pandemic" doesn't matter. There aren't enough people dying for it to matter. And no amount of dead every justifies even thinking about infringing on the bill of rights.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

No it is known as the mind your own expletive business doctrine.

Don't ask questions/make statements you have no business asking or saying and you won't get responses you don't want.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

But the profanity laced tirade from the OP wasn't any better. A more adult response would have been no response. But it appears we are past that at this stage....

She is from South East Texas, so that's normal for her. She will make a sailor blush. LOL !

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I got that impression!!

Good for her.

The best profanity I ever heard in my life was this sweet little ol' lady. I was working at a grocery store, I was for a short time, a bag boy. It was fun, got to meet a lot of interesting folks.

Anyway, I was helping her with her groceries, loading 'em into her car. Well, she accidentally closed the door on her fingers...

Ouch.

The language the proceeded to flow out of that little ol' lady's mouth was truly awesome. All the right words, combinations, and inflections...I didn't think I could learn any new ones...I did that day.

She was so embarrassed. I was able to contain my amusement, and awe, until we'd made sure she was OK. She was.

I told her that I was truly amazed at the command of invective she possessed. Oddly enough, she, too, was from Texas, and had been in the Navy, as a nurse, during both wwII and Korea.

A sailor, from Texas. Whooooosh!!! Hella combination

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Yeah having random people try to tell you what to do, how to live, during a time you are trying to figure out how to pay the house payment or rent, feed the kids, continue to survive and handle the stress can bring out a little profanity and I for one think it was called for. These are the same kind of people squealing on business owners and neighbors alike cause they "broke" the rules. But I guess no matter the situation, the easily offended.....will be offended.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: seagull

“If I really cared to read the op,” really

Do you think I didn’t?

It’s rude to tell someone who has apologised to you, to F off with a finger gesture in my country. Maybe not in yours.
Cultural differences I guess.

I don’t care if she had a NASA suit and mask in her purse, she was parked 200 metres away and ready to comply with Fukushima daiichi radiation policy
?

Still in my country it’s disgraceful to tell someone who apologised for a mistake, possibly of concern for your health to F off

I did read the op, I think the attitude is poor to disgraceful
Country at each other’s throats

——————————————————

Ever heard the song, “Walk a Mile in My Shoes”, by Joe South?

edit on 14-5-2020 by azvol because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2020 by azvol because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2020 by azvol because: It’s late, I’m tired and I’m misspelling like a MF.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I would of done the same thing. None of that person business if you wear a mask or not. Unless it's a N95 mask, it won't do anything prevent the spread of any virus.

A cloth mask offers the same amount of protection as hiding under a desk when a atomic bomb goes off.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I had my first experience at a store with an employee telling me to put my mask on when his fellow employee wasn't wearing one. So I just pointed over to the employee and smiled. He didn't bother me anymore after that. a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
N95 are not effective either. Only 95% effective. Thats why they call it N95. a reply to: Echo007

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here's my other experience with my employer. Its just my journal entry for the day. A little rant.
May 14 2020

(Me)All good. No symptoms. (Lady 1) Let me get you a mask. (Me) I don't need one. I work upstairs in the Main OR. Ill get one up there. (Lady 2) You need to wear one. You will not be let in tomorrow without one. (Me) I don't want a dirty mask. (Lady 2) You need to wear a mask. (Me) I don't want to keep wearing a dirty mask. (Lady 2)You need to wear a mask. Clean it at home.

At this point the mask was given to me or I grabbed one and proceeded to walk past the food lobby. (Lady 2) Put your mask on!

Walking towards the locker room time clock. With the mask in my left hand I put it up to my mouth and nose to cover it because I had my book bag over my right shoulder.
(Security Gaurd) What is your name?
I turned around right outside registration and showed him my badge. (Security guard) Daniel Tracy! OK.

1. Wiping my face with the mask is a outright lie! How can I be seen wiping my face with the mask if I am walking away.
2. Every morning since testing started before coming into the hospital it has been upsetting and frustrating. Thermometers are NOT wiped down. Gloves are NOT changed and "clean" masks are given with contaminated gloves.
3. This "corrective action" is all a one sided story. When do I have a say to what happened. I'm not trying to be difficult or disrespectful but Why would I "wipe my face" with a face mask while I was walking away, I didn't want and is contaminated from being around that group of testing.
4. The front door testing does not stop the spread. It contributes to the spread. So the saying we have "200% accountability" or "See something, Say something" with NO retaliation on me, If testing is going to be done do it the right way.
5. Masks do not need to be worn by healthy people. Its more for the sick to keep it from spreading according to the CDC.
6. Legally masks do not have to be worn, without questioning the medical condition if i had one according to the governor of CT and HIPPA, which i was not asked.
7. New York study, 66% of positive cases were from home. WHY? Because there is no way to stop the spread.
8. Last but not least, if mask NEED to be worn because of aresolization or "airborne/hangtime" why are we not covering our eyes in public.
I did not want any attention out of all this I only wanted to be understood. One last thing, since this is about "corrective action" will everyone here sign this since it doesn't put any blame toward the incident it only acknowledges that I spoke to you about it???

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join