It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Many douche bags just like to be able to lecture other people and get off on trying to appear to be looking out for everybody's welfare. Now you know how fascism was such an easy sell, many people want authoritarianism. Wearing masks are pretty much pointless, as are social distancing. And wrecking our economy will do nothing to prevent this illness from its due course. Fear and ignorance breeds idiocy.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: sean
Yeah, I hate confrontational and hostile people too, I don't know what the big deal is. All I know is that wearing a mask and exercising cleanliness during all this is far better than wearing a bubble ventilator over your head in quarantine for several weeks and drowning on your own fluids.

And for all those proclaiming this to be a big nothingburger. Be patient. You don't have to look for it...

Funny you post that pic.

Check out the 2019 'Crimson Contagion' simulation.. that outlined a pandemic of influenza that would originate in China... and the US response outline, suggestions, projections.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If your grandmother fails to remove the lit Marlboro from her lips before she tells the trooper who pulled her over for speeding to "kiss her ass"... you might be a redneck.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If your grandmother fails to remove the lit Marlboro from her lips before she tells the trooper who pulled her over for speeding to "kiss her ass"... you might be a redneck.

And if she calls him honey, sugar, or sweetheart whilst telling him to kiss her ass... she's definitely a Texan.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

And if she calls him honey, sugar, or sweetheart whilst telling him to kiss her ass... she's definitely a Texan.

...and if she tells him "bless your heart" then she's taking it to the next level beyond cussing him.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well no, where I come from people don’t speak and act like ya all
Don’t need guns or violence to be generally polite
Most people smile, some even say hi to people in the street

Ass backwards, well we say Arse backwards is swearing at people in the street.

You seem you all deserve each other

I hope it gets better in your third world country, not talking economics or social living system, just your manners and community mindedness, all sides

Ass backwards is abusing people in the streets, you are arse backwards.

Wear a mask, don’t, it’s of no concern to me. Abusing people in the street, that’s on you all, good luck with that, that esculates in to other things. Look at the conversation in this thread, anger, hate and rudeness
You have done it to yourselves

That’s arse backwards buddy

You are simply insufferable.

You're judging a whole country based on one persons actions... And you're judging us based on said person having a spine?

I'm sure it's all butterflies and gravy in your country, and that you don't have any of the same issues, or confrontations of anybody else in the world. Open your eyes.

There was nothing wrong with how OP handled the situation.

It's "Y'all" by the way.

As far as the mask thing goes, I hate them.

I'm a younger guy, and I just started working on my project car again, and the auto shops around me here in Michigan have begun enforcing the mask rule.

Though I must say, the extra attention by 95% of mask wearers is a little unsettling sometimes. I do continue to smile and nod at passers by, even if I can see the fear in their eyes.

The people with them on in their own car are just insane to me. No comprende.

Where will the future go?

edit on 15-5-2020 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2020 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

Buddy, I am not suffering.
I can go down the street and it causes me no harm when people ask me to wear a mask or not.
I don’t have a tantrum, I don’t get all bitter and twisted, I smile and walk on

What’s insufferable is you acting like the person in the op telling the op to put a mask on.

You are telling me how I should act, no, imagine now I am swearing at you sticking my finger up at you
Telling me how I should act according to you, no thanks, now you are the insufferable one, virtue signalling at me, get a grip, as the op said to the Old big evil man “f off” 🦄🌈💃🤭
edit on 16-5-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I feel like masks are a health hazard and this forum gives me cause to put out some suspected reasons.

"Inhaled air contains:

0.04% carbon dioxide

Exhaled air contains:

4% carbon dioxide

CO2 Facts

It is an asphyxiant and displaces oxygen, which can cause death. At concentrations of 10
percent and above, it can result in unconsciousness in 1 minute or less.

It can cause asphyxiation when leaks or discharges occur in enclosed areas, poor or
unventilated work areas, or below grade locations that are not confined spaces.

It can result in impairment in performance during prolonged exposure of 3 percent.

It can increase the heart rate and blood pressure and can cause headaches, dizziness,
sweating, rapid breathing, shortness of breath, dizziness, mental depression, visual
disturbance, or shaking depending on the length of exposure and the strength of the
concentration. "

Thus, IMO, if you must wear a mask do not do so for prolonged periods. Better not cover your nose to avoid suffocating on your exhale, which is 4% CO2, (a concentration stated above to cause impaired performance).

Perhaps on a related note, check out recent stories about "happy hypoxia"
edit on 17-5-2020 by IrisMoonie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Flu Season Starts October 1st for the USA. Hope we get at least one or two months where the mask can be left at home.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Flu Season Starts October 1st for the USA. Hope we get at least one or two months where the mask can be left at home.
On that, we can agree. We are opening up some this weekend, which is our un-official start to the summer. But Mrs. Canuck and I will play it cool for another couple of weeks to see what the loosening of the lockdown brings. This upcoming incubation period will shape the summer.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dtracy1119

It's precisely that way at my job, as well.

new, supposedly, clean masks given out after sitting in a "clean" plastic tote for only God truly knows how long. Handed to me, in my car, by a gentleman, who is in reality a very nice guy, wearing the same gloves for the entirety of this job.

Now the thermometers are the infrared (?) type, so no contact is made. The nurses/EMT's, not sure which they are, do keep the things clean, and I've seen them change out their gloves...how often, I don't know.

I'm expected to wear it at all times while on the property. Given the nature of my job, I sweat...a lot. Within an hour, probably less, that poor mask is useless, soaking wet, filthy from all the dust in the air--gross is not an overstatement.

Yet, good luck getting a new one...oh, you can, but you have to leave the floor, go to HR, always fun, and try to find whom ever it is that's in charge of such things. I haven't been able to find him/her, yet...

Kinda defeats the whole purpose, that's behind wearing the damned things, doesn't it?? Hate 'em.

Summer in the Deep South, working in a building that's never seen, or heard of, air coolers while wearing a mask!! So lookin' forward to that!! Not!! Uncomfortable to say the least... Maybe even profanity laced tirade worthy...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

They have gravy!? Well, that explains it. World is so much better with gravy on it...whilst minding your own gd'd business!!!

Gravy...mmm.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Once that happens, your life is over... You might as well just curl up and die.

Been in the South for just over a year now, I've heard that phrase a couple three times...and I've not noticed any ability to escalate beyond that, that wouldn't involve gunfire/knives, or fists...and contrary to some opinions, and you know who you are, most people don't resort to violence.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: curme
Nobody's going to shoot anyone.
It's called visual deterrence.

ganjoa

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Now the spotter at Walmart doesn't even look.
The entrances are still closed down to just one but nobody is queueing.
I wear a bandana around my neck. Nose & mouth cover optional. That's now good enough here in Texas.
Really, it's like we just don't have any Karens here like some other places.

ganjoa

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrisMoonie

I feel like masks are a health hazard and this forum gives me cause to put out some suspected reasons.

"Inhaled air contains:

0.04% carbon dioxide

Exhaled air contains:

4% carbon dioxide

CO2 Facts

It is an asphyxiant and displaces oxygen, which can cause death. At concentrations of 10
percent and above, it can result in unconsciousness in 1 minute or less.

It can cause asphyxiation when leaks or discharges occur in enclosed areas, poor or
unventilated work areas, or below grade locations that are not confined spaces.

It can result in impairment in performance during prolonged exposure of 3 percent.

It can increase the heart rate and blood pressure and can cause headaches, dizziness,
sweating, rapid breathing, shortness of breath, dizziness, mental depression, visual
disturbance, or shaking depending on the length of exposure and the strength of the
concentration. "

Thus, IMO, if you must wear a mask do not do so for prolonged periods. Better not cover your nose to avoid suffocating on your exhale, which is 4% CO2, (a concentration stated above to cause impaired performance).

Perhaps on a related note, check out recent stories about "happy hypoxia"

You provide no source as required.
EMT
edit on 18-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Sure the random dude was a douchebag...

But the profanity laced tirade from the OP wasn't any better. A more adult response would have been no response. But it appears we are past that at this stage....

I don't think so, douchey dude more than earned it in spades there. Under what rock, on what planet, in what universe were you raised under where it's ok to approach & boss around a random stranger and are owed respect for the effort from them???

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Been following this post for some time now and still not sure what I should say except, WEAR A MASK!! Are your personal freedoms worth more than other people's lives? If so the you are one sorry example of a selfish human being. Already your death toll is over 100,000, there will be more and when, not if, there is a second wave there will be many more. I pray(I'm not a believer by the way) you and yours are not victims because I'm guessing you'll be first in line to point the finger at some non-mask wearing Sob for YOUR loss.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ah yes the new “seat belt”movement. I was told to wear a mask, in a Verizon, store. I did not have one and was told to leave. I was about to buy a $999.00 cell phone. I smiled and said we won’t be doing business today. Hopped back in my m4 and bought my phone off eBay for 600.00 bucks. So much for helping my community with commissions. 🤷‍♂️

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sunikem

Are your personal freedoms worth more than other people's lives?

Full stop: YES.

If those "other people" you amorphously refer to are so concerned why don't they wear masks?

Your choice whether to wear one or not. My choice whether to wear one or not. Butt out of my business, impolitely.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join