It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

If the mask wearer is sneezing and coughing it will reduce droplets in the air, it's not foolproof but it's better than nothing.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In norway we dont wear masks at this stage, because it dosent matter. The bacteria is free. It is not only located on People anymore. There is no way you can isolate it when it is free. By free you no longer know where it is.

It can be in Your Pocket, on Your kredit card. On Your phone. On the stearing Wheel on Your car. On the bus seat…...and so on.

Its all ready free...there is no way you can reduce the spread by wearing a mask. You are just wearing a mask and being surrounded by COVID-19 at the same time.

If the bacteria hasent gotten you when you are outside among other People wearing masks it will get you when you get home. Your home is not a safehaven from COVID-19.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Sure, thats why you should wash your hands and do things like take shoes off before going inside and if you want take it to the extreme change clothes and wash immediately the ones you wore out on a hot cycle.

Where I am in oz we have no infections at all locally and life is returning to normal-ish. Hopefully the trend continues for us here but anything can happen.
edit on 14-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Yes you have to take it to the exstream if you want to reduce the spread of this bacteria. Because you cant see it, therefor you dont know where it is.

Your Lucky so far. But it will get to you to when Things go back to normal. As long as the bacteria is free all over the world there only takes one to screw up everything.

This bacteria will never die out it will come back in its full when the Winter sets in again. Even if there is a vaxine for it. A vaxine does not kill the bacteria you carry on you. It only might make you resistant because the vaxine Works on you.

We still have the flu even when there is a vaxine for it. It wont die out…..

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

No doubt, it will mutate and it wants to survive so it won't kill it's host, we will all have to learn to live with it at some point or another.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Off topic. But I find it odd you haven’t posted in the below thread...

Anyone Notice the Great Hair cuts and Image the Governors have during COVID-19?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know. Your a champion for enforced social distancing and all....

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Off topic. But I find it odd you haven’t posted in the below thread...

Anyone Notice the Great Hair cuts and Image the Governors have during COVID-19?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know. Your a champion for enforced social distancing and all....

Probably because I glossed over the thread title and stored it it away in the meh compartment.

Im not a champion of enforced social distancing I'm simply aware that we all live in a society and for society to function theres a need for people in general that agree on certain boundaries.

As we can see though in the dismantled states of America people think they are above that need and that's why you have so many people incarcerated, the rules are there to protect others from those that think they are above the law, and that seems to be a lesson learned t h e hard way, thats why you have 85000 thousand or so dead from this virus.

One of those being you don't have the right to spread your diseases around under the guise of " muh freedom".

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

And please show on the infection rate curves where the enforced lockdowns had any impact on the slope/rate of infections and the mortality rate...

The burden of proof lies with economic lockdown proponents

thehill.com...

A growing number of lockdown skeptics is challenging the received wisdom that lockdowns are necessary to avoid a public health crisis. A Stanford professor of structural biology found that coronavirus infections and deaths have followed a similar curve regardless of government intervention. Once deaths reached a certain share of the population, any initial exponential growth petered out whether the country enforced strict social distancing or not. Sweden has been as successful in controlling the virus as most other nations, though its businesses remain open; its death rate is lower than those of the most hard-hit U.S. states that locked down relatively early. Laos and Cambodia practiced no social distancing but have had no outbreaks. An analysis published in The Wall Street Journal found no statistically significant connection between the rapidity with which a state in the U.S. shut down its economy and its subsequent death rates.

But we sure committed economic suicide....

And the under reported consequences, abuse, and resulting deaths from lockdowns.
edit on 14-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I am sorry you don’t understand when it comes to an act of nature, sometimes the only power humankind has is to let it run its course.

And committing economic suicide for the hollow warm fuzzies of appearing to do something like government lead “solutions”, May be just as bad. If not worse.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: andy06shake
The WHO do not advise people to wear masks in the community if they are showing no respiratory symptoms.

Like we'd believe a single thing that comes from WHO, after they shamelessly tried to keep countries from shutting their borders. As far as I am concerned, they have lost all credibility.
edit on 14-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I am sorry you don’t understand when it comes to an act of nature, sometimes the only power humankind has is to let it run its course.

And committing economic suicide for the hollow warm fuzzies of appearing to do something like government lead “solutions”, May be just as bad. If not worse.

Are you in the medical field ?

I don't care much for beaurocratic numpties that plague goverment accross the planet however when medical people start talking about dangers I listen, even if they are condescending pricks.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

What does that have to do with social distancing and the question asked of you???

And please show on the infection rate curves where the enforced lockdowns had any impact on the slope/rate of infections and the mortality rate...

Italy should be a good starting point? Italy had very tight lockdowns in place? Please show where there was a statistical change in infection rates two to three weeks after the lockdowns were in place?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It has everything to do with your ability to understand what you're talking about, so to be blunt i don't take medical advice from my mechanic.

So yes or no are you working in the medical field?

Italy has a dense population and didn't take the lockdown and social distancing seriously and it bit them in the ass, not as badly though as the U.S is feeling it now ...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Italy has a dense population and didn't take the lockdown and social distancing seriously and it bit them in the ass, not as badly though as the U.S is feeling it now ...

Do you have statistical data to back your claims?

Since you missed it...

The Wall Street Journal found no statistically significant connection between the rapidity with which a state in the U.S. shut down its economy and its subsequent death rates.

thehill.com...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Then what state or country had effective social distancing that can be shown to have an impact on the slope of infection and mortality rates?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

So you're not in the medical field, then are you a statistician?

Do you have the capacity to understand statistics if I provided them to you...

The wall street journal couldn't find a rat in the sewer, how and why you think posting their claptrap bolsters your argument is bizarre to say the least.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So you have no citable data the economic suicide from the lockdowns was work it.

And all you have is emotional arguments. And false sense of authority.

So, no statistical data to back your arguments? Just your endless rants?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I asked...

Then what state or country had effective social distancing that can be shown to have an impact on the slope of infection and mortality rates?

Cite your evidence!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I asked...

Cite your evidence!

Australia the whole country, we are practising social distancing and have less than 100 deaths, and less than 7000 infections.

Our population is 25 million, around 1/15th of the U.S, so you do the maths...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 14-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join