It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Do Not Bathe In Bleach Like Chris Cuomo's Wife Suggests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Chris Cuomo's wife, whom is also recovering from Covid-19, has been writing on the Internet about how she recommends bathing in bleach to fight and recover from Coronavirus.

In a post on her Goop-like wellness blog Purist, Cuomo shared a laundry list of holistic methods she is using to tackle the coronavirus...Yet one method rang decidedly unnatural: bathing in Clorox.

“Both days, I added 1/2 cup of Clorox to my bathwater to combat the radiation and metals in my system and oxygenate it,” she wrote of her routine.

www.huffpost.com...

For it's part...Clorox's website is quite adamant about telling consumers to NOT bathe in it's product:

Clorox® Regular Bleach2 is NOT recommended for personal hygiene of any kind–consumers should always avoid direct skin and eye contacts with both undiluted bleach, as well as prolonged contact with the various bleach solutions we recommend for household cleaning and laundry.

www.clorox.com...

Ironically, the Clorox site DOES suggest drinking bleach is okay...if diluted correctly...while, AGAIN, reiterating that BATHING in bleach is dangerous and should be avoided.

Perhaps you are familiar with the instructions for using bleach for emergency treatment of drinking water. That’s an entirely different situation. For that, the bleach to water ratio is 1/8 teaspoon bleach per gallon of clear water, and the treated water has to stand for 30 minutes before drinking. During this time, the bleach kills any bacteria in the water before breaking down into salt and water. While this solution is safe to drink, using a bleach and water solution for bathing is not approved by the EPA and should not be done.

edit on 25-4-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don’t care for Cuomo but how would this be any different than swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool?

Clorox is very similar to liquid chlorine, it’s actually a weaker concentrate than a liquid chlorine.
edit on 25-4-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Restaurant I worked at for a while had a bakery attached to it. We had probably I'd say 500 large deck oven pans and we would deep scrub them every three months.
This would involve soaking, scrubbing, bleaching, and then sanitizing in a industrial dish washer unit to remove the bleach and other stuff left over.

I did the bleach station once, without gloves, although we diluted it quite a bit, after it felt like my hands were on fire and my finger nails were going to fall off. And I wasn't even keeping my hands in the water that long. Learned my lesson, used rubber gloves after that.
Interesting about the drinkable water sensitization thing tho, learn something new everyday.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Half a cup in a tub won't hurt you. My doctor recommended it for poison ivy when I was a kid. Chlorine would be more concentrated than that in a hot tub.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I don’t care for Cuomo but how would this be any different than swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool?

Clorox is very similar to liquid chlorine, it’s actually a weaker concentrate than a liquid chlorine.

Chlorine and Clorox are not the same thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
WHY does Clorox Inc. feel the need to insist TWICE on it's website that people NOT bathe in their product (even in diluted form)?
LAWSUITS against them from people following suggestions from people like Cuomo.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am waiting for Gwynneth Paltrow's GOOP remedy for us ladies. I'm sure it's good and has something to do with our lady parts. Maybe a douche with Himilayan triple distilled bleach or something.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am waiting for Gwynneth Paltrow's GOOP remedy for us ladies. I'm sure it's good and has something to do with our lady parts. Maybe a douche with Himilayan triple distilled bleach or something.

As long as she doesn't come up with a disinfectant that makes your kitchen countertop smell like her vee-jay-jay.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I’m at a catch 22 here. Do I want people that follow blindly what the MSM says and drink/bath in bleach? Do I want people to grow a brain cell and think for themselves for a second?

This is getting a little too ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Oh. . . . this is awkward. . . . .

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Can bathing in bleach treat COVID-19 symptoms? Doctors say absolutely not

Cuomo says since she had no sense of smell or open cuts, she decided to try it. "So, I add a small amount—1/4 to 1/2 cup ONLY—of Clorox to a full bath of warm water (80 gallons)," she writes.

However, many doctors advise against trying this and warn in stark terms that it could be dangerous. In an email to CBS News, microbiologist Dr. Dean Hart said bathing in bleach is a bad idea.

"While us in science do not like to speak in absolutism, I have never heard, ever, of a bleach bath being recommended for the treatment of any disease," Hart said. "Don't do that. It is not a good idea, in fact, it's a bad idea. It could hurt you. The air becomes toxic around a bleach or chlorine bath. This has the potential to be very harmful, whether you are observing through your skin or breathing."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Water purification-Bleach drops; 5- 10 per gallon will make putrid, dirty water potable

It's taught in survival methodology.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Bleach baths are actually a common treatment for various conditions, such as eczema and MRSA abscesses. This is from the Mayo Clinic:

A bath with a small amount of bleach added to the water may help lessen symptoms of chronic eczema (atopic dermatitis). Eczema is an itchy skin condition, often worsened by a bacterial infection. An eczema bleach bath can kill bacteria on the skin, reducing itching, redness and scaling. This is most effective when combined with other eczema treatments, such as medication and moisturizer. If properly diluted and used as directed, a bleach bath is safe for children and adults. For best results:
  • Add 1/4 cup (about 59 milliliters) to 1/2 cup (about 118 milliliters) of bleach to a 40-gallon (about 151-liter) bathtub filled with warm water. Measures are for a U.S. standard-sized tub filled to the overflow drainage holes. Use household bleach and read the product label. In the United States, bleach products may contain 6 percent to 8.25 percent sodium hypochlorite, the Environmental Protection Agency says. If the concentration of sodium hypochlorite is at the higher end of that range, use less than a 1/2 cup of bleach.
  • Soak from the neck down or just the affected areas of skin for about 10 minutes.
  • Rinse if your skin doesn't tolerate the bleach bath well. Gently pat dry with a towel.
  • Immediately apply moisturizer generously.
  • Take a bleach bath no more than three times a week.
You may experience dry skin if you use too much bleach or take bleach baths too often. If your skin is cracked or very dry, any bath — including a bleach bath — may be painful. Talk to your doctor before trying an eczema bleach bath.

Some clinical studies:
Effectiveness of Measures to Eradicate Staphylococcus aureus Carriage in Patients with Community-Associated Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: A Randomized Trial

In summary, a regimen of dilute bleach water baths, intranasal mupirocin, and personal and household hygiene education was effective for S. aureus eradication in the outpatient setting for individuals with community-associated SSTI.

Randomized trial of "bleach baths" plus routine hygienic measures vs. routine hygienic measures alone for prevention of recurrent infections.

Children with probable community-associated Staphylococcus aureus skin and soft tissue or invasive infections were randomized to routine daily hygienic measures with or without "bleach baths" twice a week for 3 months. Within 12 months, a medically attended recurrence occurred in 84 of 495 (17%) children using bleach baths compared to 103 of 492 (21%) of control participants (P = .15).

We should be wondering why the medical community -- and the media -- are pretending like bleach baths have no known medical value...

Of course the efficacy of bleach baths for CoV-19 specifically have not been clinically tested and studied, but it's gross dishonesty to purport that bleach baths themselves have not been studied and proven effective for medicinal purposes.

Why???
edit on 25-4-2020 by Boadicea because: Added hyperlink for Mayo Clinic

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: strongfp

Water purification-Bleach drops; 5- 10 per gallon will make putrid, dirty water potable

It's taught in survival methodology.

Right.
And the CLOROX website says that ingesting bleach in that manner is safe.
It ALSO states, twice, that bathing in even diluted Clorox is not.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Chlorine and Clorox are not the same thing.

No they are not, one is made of calcium hypochlorite and the other is sodium hypochlorite but they both can both be used to sanitize pool water.

Water Purification

“ What is sodium hypochlorite?

Like calcium hypochlorite, sodium hypochlorite is used is some pool sanitizers albeit less often. It’s also the key ingredient in household bleach. So, like its calcium counterpart, sodium hypochlorite keeps things germ free. Its applications include pools, household use and disinfection of drinking water for larger communities.”
edit on 25-4-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Did she suggest an ammonia chaser with the bleach? Lol

Seriously though, bleach would be fine just like in a pool but in low levels.
Her idea of this combating radiation and metals in her system is a joke.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh. . . . this is awkward. . . . .

Well, she IS married to CNN's Chris Cuomo...so there may be a 'Death Wish' thing in play.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Seriously though (just for a second) if we stated that someone should take a long walk off a short pier, will we have to put a disclaimer on the statement?

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is how to bleach our bodies to fight coronavirus. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Just do not boost salt to much if you have been on a low sodium diet. Because the cells are full of water,bloated, they will excrete the water mixed with metabolic toxins too fast which can quickly lead to high liquid in the veins and arteries and raise blood pressure to high levels. Getting back on track is slow for those people. If you eat a lot of sugary food, your body retains salt, because salt is more useful in metabolizing fats so the body conserves. Lowering sugar makes you pee more of the toxins out. learning how to regulate this is not easy, especially when your wife likes to make sweets and complains about salt. My wife's automatic is working right yet, but she is more of a sugar person. sugar is an osmolite too, put sugar on berries and you will see it pull water out of the berries just like salt pulls moisture out of meats when you salt it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join