It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department leaked cables renew theories on origin of coronavirus in Wuhan Lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's seems as though everyone is tiptoeing around this because they don't want to blame China but I think it's pretty obvious as to how this started.

A Chinese laboratory at the center of new theories about how the coronavirus pandemic started was the subject of multiple urgent warnings inside the U.S. State Department two years ago, according to a new report.

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

www.foxnews.com...

Is this just a coincidence?

The coronavirus that has shut everything down, originated in Wuhan and oh yea, the State State Department warned about sloppy saftey issues coming from a Virology lab in, you guessed it, Wuhan were they were doing risky research on the coronavirus.

All it would take is one person working at the lab to get infected and then spread it around Wuhan. Of course China would never admit to this even if they knew it.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Title reads the same as this, so maybe previously posted?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is what I'm talking about. Sheesh man. Did you even check to see if domeone had already made a post?

I bet a dollar that someone makes another thread about this tomorrow as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
This is what I'm talking about. Sheesh man. Did you even check to see if domeone had already made a post?

I'll post it tomorrow just for you....

and I'll take your dollar, that's half a loaf of wheat bread at my local grocery. Thanks for half a week of sandwiches....

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It was posted in the Breaking Alternative News forum. Unless the rules have changed, this has been allowed since I've been on ATS. If it's posted in Breaking Alternative News it can be posted in other forums. It was this way when I first got on ATS but maybe the rules have changed.
edit on 15-4-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I'll post it tomorrow just for you....

and I'll take your dollar, that's half a loaf of wheat bread at my local grocery. Thanks for half a week of sandwiches....

Damnit take my dollar.

and Neoholographic. What's the point of starting a new thread? Why not just contribute to the one that already exists?

I don't know. Look, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be an ass. It's just that I'm getting frustrated with the amount of times there's multiple threads covering the same topic, sometimes with the exact same title with exactly the same types of conversations being had.

Then someone posts a new thread with the same source saying something like "I don't know if this has been posted/brought up/talked about here"

or

"It seems nobody here wants to admit/talk about/realize..."

We have what, three different food shortage threads already? Idk. Look man I'm sorry. I probably just need to take a break from ATS for a while, because it just seems like I'm seeing the same threads being created every day.

Hell, I saw one today or yesterday bringing up something about the virus like it was brand new information, and we've been talking about it since at least January.

Again, I'm sorry. I'm just being an asshole. I'm probably just going to log out for a while.
edit on 1542020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You just registered in 2019.

I've been here since 2012 and on occassion I have posted the same thread that has been in the Breaking Alternative News forum and it has always been fine unless there's a rule change.

The difference is, Breaking Alternative News forum isn't specific to a particular topic so news about Coroanavirus is specific to the Disease and Pandemics forum. Everyone whose interested in this topic doesn't visit the Breaking News Alternative Forum.

For instance, I had posted news in the Science&Technology forum about Stephen Hawking that was posted in the Breaking News Alternative forum. Everyone interested in the topic Science&Technology doesn't visit the Breaking Alternative News forum.

Like I said though, maybe the rules have changed.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

You just registered in 2019.

I've been here since 2012 and on occassion I have posted the same thread that has been in the Breaking Alternative News forum and it has always been fine unless there's a rule change.

The difference is, Breaking Alternative News forum isn't specific to a particular topic so news about Coroanavirus is specific to the Disease and Pandemics forum. Everyone whose interested in this topic doesn't visit the Breaking News Alternative Forum.

For instance, I had posted news in the Science&Technology forum about Stephen Hawking that was posted in the Breaking News Alternative forum. Everyone interested in the topic Science&Technology doesn't visit the Breaking Alternative News forum.

Like I said though, maybe the rules have changed.

See, I'm going to have to log off.

So, I registered this account in 2019. That means what exactly? That despite the fact that I've been visiting this site for nearly two decades that I haven't got a clue as to what's going on?

Maybe I've had other accounts. Maybe I have multiple accounts. None of that matters, but you've been here since 2012. Okay great.

Look, I'm trying to be real cool right now as I actually do like reading some of the stuff you've contributed here, and I really don't have anything against you.

But what you bringing up seniority is ridiculous and has barely, if anything, to do with what I brought up.

Sure, okay it's acceptable by the rules as it stands, but does that mean it's a good idea to do so?

I mean did you really out any effort into the post? Not really.

You start off by saying it seems everyone wants to tiptoe around this, because they don't want to blame China.

What?

There have been quite a few people here blaming China quite vocally. Even on other social media platforms. Instagram, Facebook, hell I've seen China getting blamed on the Chinese owned TikTok of all places.

You go on after your quotation and source link to say what people have been saying since day 1.

Again, I'm not trying to be an asshole, and sure you're perfectly within what's allowed, but what were you trying to get across that hasn't been said or brought up already?

Your OP is a low effort, minimal content type of post.

I don't have much else to say. I'm logging off for a few days. Have a good one.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
C'mon ATS, let's be some good old way spooky agenda thinkers. Obviously it was the...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

But but but this way you get a second chance to post a witty and insightful reply on the first page .

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

First, I want to say I assumed you were new to ATS not because the date you joined but because most people who have been on ATS for awhile don't feel the need to be the post police. You came into a thread complaining about the post when the person's post before just posted a link to the other thread.

Most people who debate on this forum acts like an adult and if it's against the rules the Moderators will handle it.

Secondly, the point of my post was that the State Department as well as the Joint Chiefs of Staff are tiptoeing around the issue.

You would have know this if you would have read what I quoted from the article or if you would have bothered to read the article. Instead you made this asinine comment.

You start off by saying it seems everyone wants to tiptoe around this, because they don't want to blame China.

What?

There have been quite a few people here blaming China quite vocally. Even on other social media platforms. Instagram, Facebook, hell I've seen China getting blamed on the Chinese owned TikTok of all places.

I wasn't talking about Tik Tok or Instagram. That's why I posted a link to a news article talking about the State Department and in the article they quoted the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Tik Tok??

If you would stop watching people lip syn to Beyonce songs, maybe you will learn something. Here's the quote from the OP.

A Chinese laboratory at the center of new theories about how the coronavirus pandemic started was the subject of multiple urgent warnings inside the U.S. State Department two years ago, according to a new report.

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Here's a couple of key phrases:

"inside the State Department"

"U.S. Embassy officials warned"

There's nothing about Tik Tok or Instagram.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Breaking on Foxnews...China caught in a big cover-up regarding Covid19 and the laboratory in Wuhan.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Breaking on Foxnews...China caught in a big cover-up regarding Covid19 and the laboratory in Wuhan.

I think the Government is just reluctant to blame China.

In the Rose Garden press conference, John Roberts from Fox News kept asking Trump about these reports and he dodged.

It's pretty easy to see what happened. They were warned a couple of years ago about safety issues in a Virolagy lab in Wuhan testing the coronavirus. Yesterday, Roberts asked Trump about reports that an intern contracted the disease then took it home to her boyfriend.

There's a time to be politically correct and then there's a time to say China you screwed the world big time by being careless when you were warned. This isn't the time to try and sugercoat the issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wow, this thread really took off didn't it?

top topics

join