It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19, Novel Coronavirus, the subtlety that makes it so Dangerous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
First, the most dangerous part of Covid 19 is that it is inherently not that dangerous ?!?!

What do I mean by that you ask? - This virus apparently was around maybe months before it was even recognized
- Why that Chinese doctor or scientist got into trouble when he first fingered its presences a few months ago.
- Possibly the Chinese government initially suppressed him because they thought he was wrong or over exaggerating its potential threat?

Apparently the rest of the World has made the same mistake - Why?
Because most often the virus is not that dangerous - We can only guess at this point how many millions have already had it
- And suffered only mild symptoms.

BUT, and this can also be said for flu and cold viruses, a certain percentage of people, especially older and with underlining conditions,
will suffer greatly, and often will die from it - Apparently much more often than the flu or cold virus !!!

So this virus has become a global nightmare - And the way the World leaders are reacting to it 'may' according to some lines of thinking,
be making it worse ?!?!

Here is a must see video first posted here on ATS by Helious [www.abovetopsecret.com...]

Tucker: How long will the lockdowns last?

www.youtube.com...

Like Trump or not - He is quite right in questioning whether it is worth a cure that is worse than the disease

edit on 7-4-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is not a cold or flu...
This virus is highly contagious and mutates within each individual because of DNA it’s just a little different in everyone...
When you have it and I have it and we meet it is even more contagious and has a cumulative effect and prone to additional mutation the viral load brings about the worst...
In other words shelter in place practice social distancing because it WILL save lives...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It’s not so much that it kills people, flu kills people, other viruses kill people, it’s the way that it kills people who have adverse effects. It’s also a very virulent virus.

People struggle for breath as the thick mucus they produce to try and flush out the virus ends up in their lungs, causing pneumonia, causing them to drown in their own thick mucus.

Health professionals, who have dealt with all sorts of ailments and illnesses in their careers, advise that they have never dealt with anything like this before.

Sure a very large percentage show mild symptoms, some are even asymptomatic. But those that are affected badly, struggle until their very last breath, and unfortunately there are more that are affected badly than there are ventilators that can assist those struggling, hence why more people die.

The whole point of social distancing is to prevent an overload in the health system. An health system that would crumble if everyone was to be affected by this virulent virus, at the same time.

It’s a killer of some people, let’s just hope that it’s not any of us.
edit on 7/4/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What makes this bad is the transmission rate, and how devastatingly long a person may carry it/transmit it.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

They've been reporting in the news how New York has just recorded nearly 750 deaths in one day.

That sounds pretty damn "dangerous" to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

So this virus has become a global nightmare - And the way the World leaders are reacting to it 'may' according to some lines of thinking,
be making it worse ?!?!

It is absolutely making it worse , the power of the Human mind is staggering . In this case the power of Fear, what we are seeing happen around the World is one big case of Hypochondria and a sort of Social Placebo effect.

The spread of this virus and its ability to kill is being intensified by the Human mind , We believe it can kill us so it does , We believe its spreading like wild fire so it is . The Psychosomatic Nature of this Pandemic is very real .

Thats not to say there isn't an inherent Danger becaue there is , it just may not be as bad as we believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I more or less agree.

They say they are doing it for old people, the vulnerable.

But I ask this: How many old people are going to have heart attacks or strokes as the continuous bombardment with fear, causing anxiety, drive up their blood pressure - with high blood pressure itself now recognized as a risk factor.

And how is the Human immune system affected by living under a continous state of threat ?
- Seems I read somwhere that that will weaken the immune system.

Further if they cause a breakdown to the world's economies and maybe even Civilization itself

- Is it really worth it - then the death rate will really become.........

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Thats not to say there isn't an inherent Danger becaue there is , it just may not be as bad as we believe.

I know what you're saying, it runs through my head.

But if you look to where it did get out of hand, it would be pretty disastrous if that happened everywhere.

I question it daily, but taking all precautions.

Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The only thing we know for sure about the Chinese Virus is that certain people will use it to advance their political agenda regardless of how we decide to deal with the consequences.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm so tired of people trying to downplay this as something equal to a cold or flu.

The mortality rate of the flu is less than 0.1%. That means in a room of a 100 people with the flu there's a small remote chance even 1 person will die.

Covid-19 has a fluctuating mortality rate depending on the country. In one room of 100 people 2 will die while in other rooms up to 12 people will die.

Math people! I wasn't even good at it in school but this is elementary school concepts.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I'm so tired of people trying to downplay this as something equal to a cold or flu.

The mortality rate of the flu is less than 0.1%. That means in a room of a 100 people with the flu there's a small remote chance even 1 person will die.

Covid-19 has a fluctuating mortality rate depending on the country. In one room of 100 people 2 will die while in other rooms up to 12 people will die.

Math people! I wasn't even good at it in school but this is elementary school concepts.

I'm tired of people up playing this virus, bantering on about how it kills people . People die every day, Simply pointing out one of the ways they can die e.g. Covid-19 , is rediculous. They are holding a constant spotlight on this particular way to die, Of course it seems horrible and outrageous.

Do you know how many poeple die from lets say Diarrhea ? or Alchohol , or Tuberculosis , or Cancer or Aids . Do you have any idea how many people are shot dead in LA , California from Gang Violence alone everyday or Chicago .

Car wrecks kill an Un-Godly amount of people every single day, Imagine if they focused on Car wrecks everyday like they have this Virus, People would be in an uproar about how we should stop driving cars immediately.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What makes this bad is apparently everyone has become medical experts.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I'm tired of people up playing this virus, bantering on about how it kills people . People die every day, Simply pointing out one of the ways they can die e.g. Covid-19 , is rediculous. They are holding a constant spotlight on this particular way to die, Of course it seems horrible and outrageous.

Do you know how many poeple die from lets say Diarrhea ? or Alchohol , or Tuberculosis , or Cancer or Aids . Do you have any idea how many people are shot dead in LA , California from Gang Violence alone everyday or Chicago .

Car wrecks kill an Un-Godly amount of people every single day, Imagine if they focused on Car wrecks everyday like they have this Virus, People would be in an uproar about how we should stop driving cars immediately.

Again, I agree - I just posted this a few days ago:

Around 150,000 people die each day worldwide, To date Coronavirus Death Toll 69,383
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So now we have to ask - Why??? - Why have they suddenly forget about all the cancer deaths, heart attacks,
high blood pressure, drug overdoses, accidents, etc., etc., etc.

And are trying to get us to focus on almost exclusivley Covid 19 ???

And that too is making me nervous - Is it possible the're not giving us the whole story ?

Is it possible they know somethiing about this virus we are not being told ?

Look, if it's really going to end up like one of those sci-fi horror films where most of the world's population is
wiped out - Tell us the truth so we can go out an celebrate the end instead of staying locked up inside.

And if its really just a money game to reboot the economy
- OK, all is forgiven and then lets get back to business

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I always said, someone is letting us have fun under the sun first and then suddenly on a world-wide basis the disaster hits. Don't believe, check out the event in Italy, Mari Gras, New York, the cancellation of the Olympics and then the cherry blossom viewing , Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka. All after these event where held, after the soccer game in Milan. Fun under the sun, then days later, yep, people dying.
I made a post about it, but it was bookmarked about my Italian friend explained to me how it all started in Italy, and besides having a very large Chinese community there in northern Italy.
edit on 0400000018392020-04-07T21:39:18-05:00391804pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I would probably sound the alarm if suddenly an additional 1,000 people started being killed by, say, people driving while on Nyquil.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Also, the problem is that it is very contagious and when a lot of people get it may, as a result of its contagious nature, lead to the hospital overflow and many deaths.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
What they are not talking about is, what it means to go on the vent.

My numbers in my state show that going on the ventilator is basically a death sentence. only 1 person in about 20 seems to survive the vent.

I've been told by hospital staff that you cannot just put someone on the vent with this virus. You have to pressurize their lungs to such a pressure that it does lung damage.

And chapter II is that the few who actually survive are liable to be on the vent for 14 days. and then SIX WEEKS of bed rest.

and it seems that the initial survivors are particularly prone to reinfection.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

I also worry about the videos I see with Dr.s who are concerned about the damages ventilators may in may cases be doing if used for to long a duration.Here is my non-professional take on everything.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I read that 20% of those who go on the vent survive, not 1 of 20. True though that daily different stats quoted and the truth at the end of this matrix game may be surprising, 60-70% of people will get it, some say 90% a reply to: Graysen

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I would probably sound the alarm if suddenly an additional 1,000 people started being killed by, say, people driving while on Nyquil.

How much do you think the Number of people killed by Car wrecks deviates from day to day , as it is around 1.4 million die every year, around 4,000 die every day . Do you think it would make the news if 5,000 people died in one day from car wrecks instead of 4,000?

I kinda doubt it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join