It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memorandum diverting more water to California farmers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

President Trump on Wednesday signed a memorandum directing more of California’s scarce water supply to farmers and other agriculture interests in the state's Central Valley, a Republican stronghold.

"For too long water authorities have flushed millions of gallons into the Pacific,” Trump said

Trump has long criticized the environmental rules governing the flow of water in California – calling the rules “insane” during a campaign stop in 2016 and pledging that he’d be “opening up the water” for farmers.

Trump signs memorandum diverting more water to California farmers

i live in socal. i think this is a good move in the right direction. i remember when "they" shut the water off. many farmers were pissed and rightfully so.

what's your opinion ATS?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

Didn't China do that already in their own country?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
California would have had plenty of water , if it wasn't for those pesky meddling foreign newts needing the land .

(real newts like in Family‎: ‎Salamandridae)
edit on 2/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The plight of the California farmers is insane. California has caused its own drought problem on the backs of its farmers. This is long overdue.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
California......I give up.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The plight of the California farmers is insane. California has caused its own drought problem on the backs of its farmers. This is long overdue.

i live in socal. very true. we dont acknowledge that "sunny southern California" is largely a huge dessert. so much water wasted everywhere. 90% of all news homes built where i live come with nice green lushes lawns. our housing market is booming off the charts... lots of water wasted there. i kid you not, with in a 7 mile radius i live next to 5 huge golf courses.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
California farmers are people too. President Trump wants to help all Americans. The problem is there are some with mental problems who will not accept the help.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The cities use a real lot of water in California. They have been trying to lower waste, but aren't doing so good at that. The rich there can afford to pay the extra, they are not conserving like they should. Also, they are growing some foods that are using way too much water, like avacados and almonds. Neither of those super foods is actually a super food, it is a promotion California did to increase the money coming to California businesses. Most of the farmers growing stuff are growing foods that are good, but some of the water hog farmers who get high prices for their products are not helping their drought problem.

But, this law is good, if we want our people to eat, it is a good law. Farmers work hard for their money, they need water to supply food for the people. But too many people are still watering their flower gardens and lawns, twenty percent of the people there are using more water than the other eighty percent if you take out the farmers use. California also uses a real lot of pesticides, I think they are still the top state that uses the most. That is not good for the Ocean and wildlife, they need to get more people interested in picking bugs. It is not only the commercial farmers, the organic farmers also use pesticides, but organic versions, which can also be bad if the concentration is too high.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I see both sides of this. I live near the San Joaquin Delta. I assume it's about here. The problem is that liberals have halted much needed dams. Our water comes from snow pack during summer. This year we have hardly any snow in the mountains above us. They are hitting us with restrictions and promised fines. The Delta is like a giant toilet, and needs to be flushed constantly. It began to stink last year. The Delta is comprised of 1000 miles of waterways.

So we are screwed! Damn liberals

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How dare him, off with his head!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
it will be interesting to see where this goes. im excited for the potential this could be bring. the rest of the USA should be too. the san Joaquin Valley is the No.1 producer for lots of crops in the USA.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Couldn’t, shouldn’t the federal government build dams?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

tough call. the state has its own resources to build dams if it wants. however the state's own EPAs are stricter than the federal EPA. states rights versus federal law. touchy area. very touchy area

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

Couldn't, shouldn't the 9th largest economy in the world (California) build their own?

Of course, that would take federal monies away from their failed pensions plans, 20% of all welfare recipients in America living in California, the highest amount of people in poverty in a state is in California, etc, etc, etc....

Nah... let the Progressive ideology live or die there.

As an example for other states.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Or you could all band together as a nation of ... united states, to figure out a solution that benefits everyone?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
can anyone please provide arguments why this is bad?i know some species like the smelt fish will go extinct but also my understanding is the smelt fish plays a very limited unnecessary role in that local ecosystem

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Or you could all band together as a nation of ... united states, to figure out a solution that benefits everyone?

could you please discuss further? what impact do you think this would have on the rest of the USA? im not trying to troll you or shoot you down. im guinenly interested in your opinion

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I think that would be awesome.

Could we have some of those states (like California) start following Federal laws before we do that?

You know, instead of just going their own way, telling the rest of America to go f### themselves and do whatever they wanted until they needed bailed out by the rest of the states for their stupid state policies and laws?

Too much to ask?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Too much aluminum & lithium in CA skies

Maybe if the planes stop dumping then CA would go back to being more Mediterranean lile Napa used to be,

Than Saharan

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

You must be excellent at golf then. All hail the water gods

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join