It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memorandum diverting more water to California farmers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Or you could all band together as a nation of ... united states, to figure out a solution that benefits everyone?

The liberals don't believe we are a republic, so how do you fix that?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pressident

2% vape juice in the atmosphere

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

Great move !!

After all, we all know how the salty Pacific desperately needs more FRESH water diverted into it....

California democrats only did that to rural Californians to punish them for not voting "correctly".

Same with the entirely artificial water "crisis" in California.
The lack of water is a means democrats use to CONTROL.

Places drier than California, like Dubai and Saudi, have no water crisis. Desalination plants WORK - SHOCK!!
Plus, if California had merely proceeded with completing the dam system proposed by the US Army Corps of Engineers in the 1960s, again, there would be NO water crisis.

Instead, you have libtards pushing for and celebrating the destruction of existing dams to "free the rivers"...libtards completely unable to make the connection with the resulting water crisis, made worse by a rising legal and illegal population, which libtards also support.

Pro-tip:
-you can't have it both ways

Cheat code:
1+1= 2 , Always
(Math is hard, I know...)
edit on 22-2-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   

President Trump on Wednesday signed a memorandum directing more of California’s scarce water supply to farmers and other agriculture interests in the state's Central Valley, a Republican stronghold

Looking after his own to secure the vote , how very Trumpian.

Environmental groups say the changes will speed the disappearance of endangered winter-run salmon and other native fish and make life tougher for whales and other creatures in the San Francisco Bay and Pacific Ocean.

After an initial study by federal scientists found the rule changes would harm salmon and whales, the Trump administration ordered a new round of review, California news organizations reported last year.

I'm sure Trump knows best , environmentalists are all woolly Liberals anyway so what do they know.

"Making that permanent is potentially a death warrant for the larger Bay delta ecosystem," John Buse, senior counsel for the Center for Biological Diversity told ABC News, calling it a "total abdication" of the government's conservation responsibilities. "The president on previous campaign trips has made fun of the delta smelt, but it's really a larger ecosystem-wide collapse that we're talking about."

The Center for Biological Diversity and other environmental groups have filed legal challenges to the decision to allow the project to move forward.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Exactly what would those liberal environmentalists know, we don't need whales, salmon or clean water...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

California...lots of votes.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I was born in central California (Porterville) into a family of farmers. We moved to S, Cal when I was a teen lived there for 20 yrs then moved to N.Calif and have lived here for 30 yrs.

There is a huge pollution problem that does need to be flushed every year. Starting with Shasta Dam. Just below the dam is a super fund site that leaks the most acidic water on earth, which they treat then release into the Sacramento River. Its a huge old mining district and horrid chems, Mercury etc leaches into the water. We stopped eating the fish years ago.
en.wikipedia.org...

A lot of those laws and regulations were put into place during drought years, but right now we have plenty of water, so let the farmers make hay while the sun shines.

One huge problem in California is that our state representatives come from the high population centers, they think milk comes from the carton and groceries from the store. They are clueless of the farmers needs. I think the farmers should stop sending food to them and see how well they like starvation. I bet we get our water back asap.

This is what I would say to Newsom and Baccarra , Lead, follow, or get out of the way, California is taking back our rights, including our water rights.

edit on 22-2-2020 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
what i find of interest is that California cities are full of democrats. (one of the reasons they go on about Trump not winning the "popular vote" is because of the extreme high populations of the big cities such as those in California and New York, which overbalance the rest of the country). the exact same democrats that support things like the new green deal. and go on about how no cost is too much to do it, since it needs to be done. and would of course benefit everyone. and that even though the technology is not where it needs to be to actually do. that by forcing the new green deal through, those problems, like the fact it is overly expensive, and not efficient, will be dealt with. and that even needed technology that doesn't exist, would be invented due to it. and they also like to go on about all the jobs that would be created, if it is made law. and that of course by doing so, the costs will go down. and the needed things will become efficient. and yet don't use that same thinking where their critical water shortage is concerned.

if you think about it, California is sitting right beside one of the biggest water supplies on earth. a water supply i might add that those same democrats who believe in human caused climate change, also believe in the rising of the oceans due to it. and yet are completely ignoring the logical solution to both their water needs. as well as one way to deal with raising ocean levels. and that is water desalination.

water desalination technology exists. it may not be the most efficient yet at this stage. and it is expensive. but wouldn't what they say about the same types of things that they like to talk about in their new green deal apply equally as well? would it not become more efficient if they threw money at the problem like they want to do with the new green deal? would the expensive prices of that technology also come down, again just like with the new green deal? would not doing so help one of the big environmental problems they keep going on about (the sea waters rising and flooding so many cities and countries), be if not fixed, at least reduced by water desalination? would building desalination plants and in vestment into desalination research not create jobs (just like the new green deal)?

so why don't they do it? after all they could even use it to show how their new green deal could actually work. and at the same time create enough clean water for everything they want it for.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I take it you know why the dustbowl happened right? And what happened after... california is a literal work horse for food making for a reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

There's lots of desalination plants in cali... but they aren't very efficient. But hey, keep blaming the liberals!

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: gortex

Exactly what would those liberal environmentalists know, we don't need whales, salmon or clean water...

I notice you leave out clean fresh air, and poopless streets.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The problem is that liberals have halted much needed dams.

What are their reasons for doing it?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Also why does California continue to allow dozens of water "bottlers' To siphon municipal water from the system and then reverse osmosis it and then ship it to Walgreens in Columbia, South Carolina. That's almost 3000 miles away from California. The excuse as written by MSM is that the percentage is miniscule. Really? So tell that to the mellow its yellow crowds who cant flush the toilet over there in California or even plant a garden.

Also, to bottle water obtained from the municipal system in California and ship it across the USA sounds strange. Could it be its Californians way of getting rid of Arsenic?

Bottler of Crystal Geyser Water Pleads Guilty to Illegally Storing and Transporting Hazardous Wastewater Contaminated with Arsenic

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes, I'm envisioning the use of ancient technology, with a modern twist, on a massive scale...

The Great American Cistern!

A network of cisterns that joins east, west, north and south via giant waterways and cistern tanks that allow us to move huge quantities of water from one side of the continent to the other. Because they are cisterns, gravity and the cohesion of water is what moves most of the water, but such a system could also be covered with solar panels to create enough energy to move the water mechanically if/when needed.

- Sah

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

They say that certain minnows, bugs, and newts will go extinct and must be protected. So no new needed dams

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

One of the reasons is that these dem State officials were busy bleeding the taxpayers to fund the stupid-a$$ bullet train scam.
Seems public outcry has finally got them to stop, maybe they're ready to do something that will actually help the people of this state.
edit on 2 22 2020 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I live in the Central Valley of California, right where Fresno, Tulare, and Kern County meet. This is good news to alot of the -- not as wealthy -- farmers of the San Joaquin Valley, as opposed to the wealthy -- they couldnt care less.

And don't get me wrong -- I'm glad that this will be happening as it is much needed, but then again -- I don't want it to, as it is going to drastically alter/hurt my business.

Very tossed on this one.

And the situation about the dams is ridiculous. The California majority shouldn't have voted for the high-speed rail and shouldve voted for the damn construction instead.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You would think there was an election on the horizon.
Obvious pandering, the timing of this.

It feels like there is some potential desperation in this guy’s alienation branch of the GOP.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

There's lots of desalination plants in cali... but they aren't very efficient. But hey, keep blaming the liberals!

If not democrats' fault, whose is it then ?
They have had a lock on California politics and mismanagement for decades
Democrats wasted BILLIONS on the ridiculous high-speed train to nowhere, WHILE NOT FIXING SOMETHING AS BASIC AS WATER !!!

Only liberal run governments seem unable to provide basic services like water to its' own citizens, something Gulf states do daily, despite not having California's level of technical development.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What's the deal with the high speed trains?

Isnt musk taking that venture on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join