It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

If I was a betting man, I'd place some cash down on China looking at a government financial crisis now. Their expenses just on crowd control and managing essential workers' to and from their essential jobs combined with the cost of actually fighting the disease, building facilities, and securing roadblocks and restrictions has run headfirst into a growing number of manufacturing and retail facilities closing their doors in some cases for a month or longer. Huge outlays meet pinched revenue stream on a battlefield rumored to involve a Chinese government that was looking at a fiscal crisis before any of this began and I'd say they're looking at WHO and the world to shoulder the burden of their disease. It *might* even explain why all of these western countries took the ridiculously stupid path of breaking quarantine to bring planes of disease and death into each country, voluntarily, as most nations' tax payers will be more accepting of huge tax dollar outlays going to WHO if they see it's fighting a plague in their own country rather than one isolated to China.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

A Tide Pod a day keeps the China Pox at bay...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What happens when/if they try to call in debt markers to finance?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
@CNBCnow

BREAKING: Union representing 15,000 American Airlines pilots sues company to get "temporary restraining order to immediately halt the carrier’s U.S.-China service"
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What happens when/if they try to call in debt markers to finance?

Then China would have to publicly admit their economy was smoke and mirrors and they were hurting. Today's move by the WHO lets them avoid that... for now.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Supposedly the entire world is in emergency mode because of more widespread cases of Kung Flu going around.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
@CNBCnow

BREAKING: Union representing 15,000 American Airlines pilots sues company to get "temporary restraining order to immediately halt the carrier’s U.S.-China service"
twitter.com...

China bans or not, a massive airline union strike in the middle of this, especially if cases accelerate outside of China, wouldn't be that surprising at this point. All it would take is the pilots union, the stewardess union, and the baggage handler unions to shut the whole thing down entirely. If the TSA also participated, then it would shutter every non-private airport in the country almost immediately.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

ROFL that's hilarious. I remember back in the early days the place I was working at required everyone to have a food handlers card. We was told washing out coffee thermos just isn't good enough and that we needed to also do a chlorine rinse in water. Then a few years later the authorities changed the rules that you don't have to do the chlorine rinse anymore, but you can if you want to, as he hinted you should. I figure the reason was some reports came in that people got sick I suppose. I don't know, I think the one time isolated event of someone possibly getting sick from a chlorine rinse isn't a reason enough to stop doing it. I guess it's cheaper & easier to just stop doing it, than to educate people that you only need like a teaspoon of it. So people continue to get their daily dose of sickness sludge brewing in the bottom of every coffee thermos. I guess one sickness from chlorine is more important than many getting sick by not using it. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Any of those things would not be a bad thing at the moment. You cant cut off chinas provinces internally, but it can be cut off from the international community. I hate to say it, but the evidence is the problem is out of control in their country. Maybe isolation is the only answer.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
WHO just declared a GLOBAL Health Emergency.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wookiep

maybe it's not the end of the world global pandemic you guys WANT it to be

Oh come on man, there hasn't been this much fun since the good ol' Ebola days.

LoL, I guess they enjoy bleeding out of every orifice.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

No real idea what exactly that means though since they didn't make any real recommendations like shutting off travel or anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

the DOW went UP 125 points (I think because of Amazon's "better than expected earnings").

This is absolute insanity... how detached from reality can we get? Time will tell... yet another thing that makes me sick to my stomach

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

They did this 3 pages ago

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It should open up global funding from the UN. International cooperation to control the spread and working together to find a cure, well except for Taiwan.

Many healthcare leaders take courses on this in the military and in those theoretical scenarios we are under a UN mandate working with the WHO to help people.

It could end up being something like the UN mission in the Horn of Africa where we are all working together to combat piracy and terrorism.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

They did this 3 pages ago

Good to hear...I was away.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Just to play devils advocate, but it is possible there isn't a serious health threat to the USA or it's economies and the markets are reacting accordingly.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Everyone still hopes that what's currently on the other side of the world stays on the other side of the world.

During the modern era, all our experience with severe disease has taught us that this can be easily contained if it does come to these shores. Most people really don't pay attention in health class anymore.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

It would be more reassuring if they actually outlined what they were doing.

I am getting tired of having to scrape together a picture of what may be happening by reading between the lines of various news accounts and press conferences.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I spent my first couple of days using only my phone to access ATS.

I decided if im going to be investing time researching things and contributing to a thread I might as well whip out the laptop.

Nice to see you are a moderator.

This information might have changed my approach to our difference in opinions the other day.

Infected - 8,265
Dead- 171
www.healthmap.org...
edit on 30-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join