It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just got another case in the US that makes six they are saying human to human .

Chicago

Source

edit on 1/30/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Surely they disinfected that area afterward? Just in case, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How effective is thermal scanning at airports?

Thermal scanning at airports detects less than 1 in 5 passengers arriving from a 12 hour flight who are infected with the new coronavirus, according to preliminary estimates from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).

Using this information, combined with data on the sensitivity of thermal scanners, the LSHTM team used a mathematical model to estimate that for every 100 infected travellers planning to take a 12 hour flight, only 9 will be detected at entry screening upon arrival.

I was just thinking that alot of wealthy private elites who may be infected do not fly commercial. They charter private planes and circumvent large busy airports such as landing on a private air fields with no screening. If some wealthy American businessman is stuck over in China you can bet he'll pay any sum to fly out under the radar so to speak.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: NxNWest

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Now there's a Cruise Ship with 7000 passengers on lock down .Source

They have been cleared as the original passengers they were concerned about tested negative.

If the turnaround time for these tests is now less than 24 hours should we have a lot more updates from some of the pending cases that have been first documented almost a week ago now? I'm really confused about this since we've heard a few instances of quick results now

Agreed. I am concerned as we aren’t hearing a lot about how many people have been cleared by the number of those under investigation keeps going up. I don’t know what is taking so long for some of these reports (in countries who aren’t overloaded).

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well the sidewalk outside the Ebola apartment in Dallas was cleaned with a power washer by some contractor.

Maybe they sprayed some fabulouso or febreeze and called it good?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Godaften.

Satellite images of China's Wuhan 28/1 and 30/1 -2020.

Kilde: graphics.reuters.com...
edit on 30-1-2020 by MBTerkelsen because: One more pic.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
a reply to: SpartanStoic

wow... they were warned, they said they were prepared...
How does a doctor still manages to become infected?

All it takes is one lapse with anything, but if this particular doctor is one of the first to see the patient or even one not dealing with the patient and someone else's lapse caught him ... It happens.

And it will happen.

There were health care professionals who caught Ebola too, and that one is even more of a sure killer.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

They may be prioritizing based on likelihood of infection, severity of illness, etc.

We're still waiting to hear about the status of the case in Lawrence. That is supposed to be known by tomorrow.

It may also be that negative results is more of a local thing, and the constant high number of cases reflects new cases while old cases are simply dropped without being reported on.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

All it takes is one lapse with anything, but if this particular doctor is one of the first to see the patient or even one not dealing with the patient and someone else's lapse caught him ... It happens.

And it will happen.

There were health care professionals who caught Ebola too, and that one is even more of a sure killer.

True, but after so many health care workers got Ebola, the WHO and CDC spared no time and effort to educate the entire healthcare system better. More and better information, extra education, Simulation exercises, etc... They should be better prepared now then two years ago.

(or should I not believe what Netflix's "Pandemic" is telling me?)
edit on 30-1-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This update is happening and a few minutes:

www.youtube.com...

Rev

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

You can educate all you want, but you can't make people learn.

How many of us seriously don't know how to get AIDS, and yet how many end up with it even so? Same with unintended pregnancy?

edit on 30-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hate to say this but can you imagine this getting loose in Venezuela?
They are already Screwed. But it might change the government real fast.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 30-1-2020 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This was done before the announcement of the human to human in Chicago, but it does mention something that may explain some of the testing delay. There is a shortage of test kits which would make sense. I don't know if that's just in China, but it might explain why some of these tests are taking longer to get to.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Finally WHO acts...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
Finally WHO acts...

What' the context? Link?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

public health emergency of international concern...pending link, just watched live briefing

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 30-1-2020 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

link   
Officialy International emergency status from WHO

WHO defines a global health emergency, also known as a “public health emergency of international concern,” as an “extraordinary event” that is “serious, unusual or unexpected.”

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 30-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: FamCore

They declared a public health emergency.

www.youtube.com...

Rev

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I wouldn’t doubt they did some duty free shopping while they were waiting.

What a facepalm decision.

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join