It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
WHO live broadcast ,

edit on 30-1-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Audiokat
Has anyone from the UK heard anything since they took the guy from Birmingham into hospital? I believe it was either Monday or possibly Tuesday when they came for him and the papers said he was awaiting results from blood tests but there's been absolutely nothing on this story since, no updates on whether it's a confirmed case or not.

The WC map still shows 'suspected cases' across UK but never any progress on that. How long does it take to take someones blood and test it for the virus?

Not sure if you were answered yet as I am trying to catch up on the thread, but he was cleared.

Drew Bennett - harborne - Birmingham, UK

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern.
@WHO

"[We must:]
-share data, knowledge & experience with WHO & the world.
The only way we will defeat this outbreak is for all countries to work together in a spirit of solidarity & cooperation. We are all in this together, & we can only stop it together"-@DrTedros
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

The only way we will defeat this outbreak is for all countries to work together in a spirit of solidarity & cooperation. We are all in this together, & we can only stop it together

Love the optimism and "let's work together" sentiment, but kind of just lip service when we've seen dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of flights with little to NO screening/quarantining done with airliners arriving from China.

The video that was shared with Pearson Airport in Toronto for example - just arrived from China and the passengers being interviewed said they weren't even being screened at ALL.

Makes me sick to my stomach...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yep, mutual. Script must have been approved by CCP! *cough* 🚩

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They are also saying they don't support all the travel restrictions and closed borders...
can't wrap my head around that one!!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Airlines haven't stopped the flights due to the virus, but due to the fact that they can't get the planes full.

Lol, effin hypocrites, I hope you choke on your money

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok everyone dig deep into your pockets,

We also welcome their call for countries to sustainably finance @WHO’s preparedness and response activities through the WHO Contingency Fund for Emergencies, including strengthening communication capacity.

Tell the Director general where to go here, I did. twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Soooo how does the WHO declaring this an emergency affect the average person? Is anything going to change or improve? Or are the just really stating the obvious here that there is a "problem" and they are now going to "look"into it.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
Soooo how does the WHO declaring this an emergency affect the average person? Is anything going to change or improve? Or are the just really stating the obvious here that there is a "problem" and they are now going to "look"into it.

I am picturing that part in Aliens where, after they "clear" the empty colony structure, the lieutenant announces that he's coming in like everyone is all OK now because he'll be there.

Guess what guys? We'll be fine. The WHO has decided we do have an emergency and they'll get right on it!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

When they stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back - then they will know.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Thou shall not stop the flow of G.O.D. - Guns, Oil, Drugs. 💰🤑

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sounds to me like they are saying "we rather have a couple thousand deaths between now and a working vaccine, in a functioning world economy.... " It's all about the money (and I don't mean money to help poorer countries)

I personally hope that the leaders of all countries think twice before following all of WHO advice and think of their citizens first

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

Remember that Simpson's episode when Bart pretended to be stuck down t h e well ? The end of the show chief wiggam says he going to fix the well problem so no one ever falls in again and then knocks a sign in the ground saying " caution Well".

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

The only way we will defeat this outbreak is for all countries to work together in a spirit of solidarity & cooperation. We are all in this together, & we can only stop it together

Love the optimism and "let's work together" sentiment, but kind of just lip service when we've seen dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of flights with little to NO screening/quarantining done with airliners arriving from China.

The video that was shared with Pearson Airport in Toronto for example - just arrived from China and the passengers being interviewed said they weren't even being screened at ALL.

Makes me sick to my stomach...

Strikes me as the corporate propaganda spiels we've all heard ad-nauseam.
Contrived and unconvincing, IMHO.

This is ATS, no ?
Does anyone here really trust the CDCâ„¢, WHOâ„¢, our Governmentsâ„¢, or the CCPâ„¢ to be looking-out for the best interests of the common folks ?

The mighty Economyâ„¢ must roll-on !

link   
WHO is kissing China's butt. The guy actually said WHO opposes travel restrictions to China because they're doing such an oh so wonderful job.

So they declare a global health emergency but spend most of the time praising China and president Xi.

Never go full retard!
edit on 30-1-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

maybe it's not the end of the world global pandemic you guys WANT it to be

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

They should have been coordinating an international response,

For health emergencies, we:
.prepare for emergencies by identifying, mitigating and managing risks
.prevent emergencies and support development of tools necessary during outbreaks
.detect and respond to acute health emergencies
.support delivery of essential health services in fragile settings.
www.who.int...

WHO is an awesome organisation that deserves respect. It governing body sucks balls though.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wookiep

maybe it's not the end of the world global pandemic you guys WANT it to be

Too early to say either way, but I’ll lean one way and you can lean the other, if that’s ok - obviously while you stretch for a nothingburger.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I am pretty sure no one here is hoping for the end of the world!

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join