It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The CDC has this to say at a tele-briefing held at 5PM EST January 30,2020.:

teleconference notes: 165 persons being observed, 68 have tested negative, still only 5 confirmed cases, will find more 20 airports are now screening where CDC has quarantine stations, ..what about land based borders, ports? 2 airports where there are CDC stations are land borders too (didn't address ports and other land borders that I could ascertain). travel health cards being handed out to travelers plane full of US citizens returned from Wuhan to this country, 195 passengers, CDC staff on hold, all asymptomatic, voluntarily living in quarters on military base for risk assessment, cheered when landed, no specific time frame for holding the passengers on base. Working as quickly as can to return these Americans to their lives. They want to cooperate with health officials. CDC well prepared for this event, working with partners (states), etc. low risk to general American public CDC actively engaged in care of 5 confirmed patients CDC is invited to be part of the W.H.O. mission to China How does this differ from flu? Fever, cough, respiratory are the symptoms. Risk factor is travel to Hubei province, and 2nd risk group is their contacts. Most Americans don't need to be necessarily concerned.

edit on 29-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Vids of Chinese authorities literally sealing infected families inside their homes is really distressing.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: WeAllWait

Ya the aussie’s don’t think it’s contagious when it’s asymptomatic. But they have rebuffed, a report, since I posted that health radio address looks like 50 plus pages ago.

www.health.gov.au...

This is frighteningly close to home, I have the Chinese World Bank in my building and i live minutes from China town.
When I visited several pharmacies on the weekend there were 10's of asians in the pharmacy buying what they could and touching everything.

We are still allowing in flights daily from China with no testing or quarantine.

We simply hand out a pamphlet telling people to look out for symptoms.

Our government has failed us

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: aaefd
New here after lurking during major events for a few years. Its amazing how many informative posts there are here - news and links long before it shows up on the usual news sites I check regularly. SO I have to decide - bought a cell phone case that came direct from Guangzhou China, delivered today and wondering if it should be left alone for a while just in case. I know that in general it shouldn't be a problem but... So what should I do? Open it and start using it or let it sit for a week or two, spray it with rubbing alcohol etc...? Thanks for any opinions!

Find out where the factory is located and who was working that day, what post office they went to, the clerk who accepted the mail and any if there are any wet markets around the factory it was made.

I’m kidding, dunk it in bleach and call it a day.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

When did the CDC hire Baghdad Bob to be their mouthpiece?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Tibet reports first confirmed case of Coronavirus - People's Daily

twitter.com...

Per the CCP, that case is legally China's.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Give it a rest burdman I’m here relying information, my opinion and yours are very different and that’s ok.

You are not well versed in analytics, I am.

Just offer what you can or don’t reply.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

edit on 29-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: Dupe

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Our government has failed us

No surprises there.

And kudos to you and all others for maintaining this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
not cool dude.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Air Canada suspends all direct flights to China amid #CoronavirusOutbreak. Suspension is effective Thursday until February 29, 2020.

Air Canada is private own not own by Canada gov

twitter.com...
edit on 29-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Right, forgot about that. I think this now means all provinces in China now have confirmed cases.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this is why we need to stop comparing it to the flu, or swine flu, or SARS.

It outdid Sars a while ago

edit on 29/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not cool what? What are you talking about are you blind?

What is not cool about me telling this guy to leave me the # alone and continue posting about the thread I don’t understand why you’re replying to me saying that something I did was not cool. a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllWait
Not cool what? What are you talking about are you blind?

What is not cool about me telling this guy to leave me the # alone and continue posting about the thread I don’t understand why you’re replying to me saying that something I did was not cool. a reply to: Agit8dChop

dunno, don't care, move it to messages or another thread.
please
this is for updates.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The information is meaningless as the source is not reliable. Analytics derived from false information are equally meaningless.

Unless you have some reason to believe the Chinese Communist Party became paragons of truth, justice and virtue overnight. Somehow don't think that happened.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
If you don’t know and don’t care then do not become a provocateur.

You and burdman keep going off topic to give your personal opinion of me.
I’m telling you now to get over whatever your problem is and move on.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: aaefd

Guangzhou to Wuhan by Bullet train takes 3 & 1/2 hours. Holidays, everyone travelling all over the place. 71% isopropyl alcohol. Stronger dilution will not disinfect so well. Rubbing alc from the chemist/drugstore.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

That’s the kind of data we need to see, hopefully it turns out to be accurate.

Some good notes from it are average incubation of 5 days, it takes about a week to pass it to family members or other people close by, average age was 59 years old, about 2-5 days to see primary care, 8-12 days to go to the hospital, and the illness lasts about as long as viral bronchitis, up to a few weeks.

The article hints at a reactionary stance to the outbreak and delays in seeing providers, they recommend a proactive stance to gather more valuable data.

Symptoms seem to be milder in children, reports of GI issues instead of respiratory, they state they need more data. More severe patients have underlying conditions with half over the age of 60.

They also advised that their data sets are from December and early January, they need to wait to update with what is currently going on. They also recommend a 14 day quarantine period for people exposed to the disease.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Which information? I can source anything you ask me too, I would be delighted and do usually source my works.

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join