It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So refuse to get sent somewhere all the time just in case there happens to be a problem in the meantime?

If you accept a six month assignment to an otherwise stable country, there is no way you could have seen something like this coming down the pike to even have had the chance to refuse.

Now if your boss comes to you today and asks you to go? Different story.

I'd in no way, at any time classify China as "otherwise stable." They're not in the Iran/North Korea/California category, but they're consistently up there. Look, I'm an odd duck. I don't travel outside of the state of Alaska. I despise TSA, don't wish to be touched in any way by another dude, and honestly don't have any desire to be anywhere other than here. Those quirks aside, why in the hell would anyone *want* to go to a Chinese metropolis (those who have family or hail from there to begin with aside)? You're going somewhere that is at any given moment tightrope walking a razor blade of geopolitical, environmental, and health disasters 24/7. So yeah, refuse always works for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's like multiple Tsar Bomba's went off on China.

There are currently 7,275 confirmed cases worldwide, including 169 fatalities.

(Source links in my sig below).

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well I'm watching TV now (Tokyo) and guess what...
The hotels are now worried what to do with all the bedding the Chinese guest are using. This stuff now is all really up in the air as too "how the heck are we to handle this".
Maybe it will come down to this: Sorry no Chinese guest allowed. Can that happen, well maybe.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hmm we are nearly, at SARS levels in confirmed cases.

I am betting the deaths would be lower if hospitals were not overcrowded.

50% uptick in suspected cases, and more critical condition patients.

I think this is far from over indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

All that Translates into is more beds
i'd almost be willing to bet China has been willfully fudging the numbers the whole time just to appear 'in control'

edit on 29-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Remember SARS number was ~8100 over a 9 month period.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is a letter that a school district neighboring mine sent out today:

I can’t post the image.
It was stating that four students of the district that were in China for a student exchange program are being brought home early. They will be kept out of school for 14 days after they get back here.
Wilson School District in Sinking Spring, PA

edit on b000000312020-01-29T18:14:59-06:0006America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jan 2020 18:14:59 -0600600000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

We're at 7500 in essentially 9 days...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Here is a letter that a school district neighboring mine sent out today:

123_1.jpeg

Fascinating.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I just spit out milk all over, haha!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Suspected virus cases in China:
1/27: 5,794
1/28: 6,973
1/29: 9,239
1/30: 12,167
twitter.com... via @BNODesk

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I hate to be pessimistic, but I think in this situation, the WHO is dependent upon China for any statistics at all; so, basically, the WHO is China's 'bitch', and they must heap praise on China and save the face of the Chinese government, or else they might be COMPLETELY excluded from data.

Then we would know even less.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

We're at 7500 in essentially 9 days...

Now surpassed...

There are currently 7,811 confirmed cases worldwide, including 170 fatalities.
bnonews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Number from sars

app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZjIwYzc1M2UtNmZjMi00NmM2LWI1OGYtNDg1NjZhNTNjMGI5IiwidCI6IjYzNjBkMTZhLTk3MWQtNGQzMC1hOWE5LTdiY2I0ODUzMDhlMSIsImMiOj l9

Page 13 you will see sars timeline
edit on 29-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

First thing I thought of when MSM was reporting that China was building a hospital in 4 days....

It's no hospital, it's a processing plant.....

YMMV

link   

edit on 29-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   
The 195 Americans brought back on Wednesday are all free of the virus, but remain in isolation.

Link here.
edit on 29-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: Hecate666

I think most people are just secretly hoping that this is the big event most people are waiting for. Let's face it, they're hoping this somehow turns into the zombie apocalypse...

The simple truth is there are too may humans, and if we keep on multiplying at the rate we are then we'll kill the Earth and everything on it.

So eventually nature will take action, maybe when we become to many she will create some viruses that can swap and mutate and incubate in the giant test tube of a giant human filled city until one pops out that can kill us all.

Then it will spread and travel and cull the herd until a sustainable number are left.

It's bound to happen sometime - simply we cannot keep on growing and growing and growing and consuming and consuming and consuming without something evetually giving or rather correcting the situation.

So sayeth the great, late Albert Bartlett, and if it's good enough for him then I agree.

You know, thinking about the movie "World War Z", if this coronavirus has mutated purely by nature, you have to hand it to mother nature.
One being a carrier of the virus for 2 weeks without symptoms but able to infect others. Imaging if that happened to a zombie virus, walking around looking quite healthy while inconspicuously nibbling on the necks of others.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I did an edit.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Did SARS mutate midway through that outbreak to cause the mortality rate to jump in May? That's one issue with NcoV that really troubles me... other respiratory viruses can take weeks if not months to actually kill someone who is essentially just being kept alive by a respirator. In that regard, for viruses like this, isn't it par for the course that the death tolls will be pretty low in the early going, say the first month to 6 weeks of the epidemic, then we can expect to see a major leap in mortality sometime next month, or would that require a mutation?

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join