It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescription meds that "change who we are"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That would be a cool theory if it weren't for the fact that violent crime -- particularly, street crime -- has been trending down for decades and is far lower than it was in the 80s.

I don't know where you live, but there are lots more robberies and people who are opinionated now than back in the eighties, but that is a failure of our social conditioning in schools and through the court systems. Remember, you also have to consider cyber crime into the mix now and scammers that phone you. Look at the polarization of our society now, that is related to meds that block Choline, statins all block choline.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ahh... I had Zanax for cataract surgery, That will make you someone else....... yukkkkk

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
I knew it! Even though a couple docs expressed disbelief when I told them the statin made me bitchy to the point that I'd end up divorced. It was the second statin I tried. The first brand caused muscle pain. I'm done with them.

Why on earth would you take a statin drug anyway?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: drussell41
My mother didn't like taking statins either. She said it made her feel like she drank too much coffee -- kind of jittery and irritable. I don't blame you for stopping. Especially if they were prescribed for preventative purposes, rather than already having high cholesterol.

There is nothing wrong with having high cholesterol, and artificially lowering it will cause all sorts of other health problems.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yes, this is how I understand it as well... I mentioned in a subsequent reply that my doctor once told me it's not the numbers that matter, but only that they balance. If there's too much of one and not enough of the other, that's a problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yes, this is how I understand it as well... I mentioned in a subsequent reply that my doctor once told me it's not the numbers that matter, but only that they balance. If there's too much of one and not enough of the other, that's a problem.

Maybe (I think the jury is out), but the bottom line cause of atherosclerosis is inflammation of the arteries.

The only way to deal with things like this is through diet/nutrition. Fasting is an excellent way to dramatically speed up the cleansing/healing process.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I couldn't take statins either. I take fish oil pills and they have helped.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I learned some things I wasn't aware of. I've been on Atorvastatin for a little over a year since my heart attack. I haven't had any bad reactions that I've noticed but some small changes maybe. I'm currently on about 7-8 different meds so It's been difficult to isolate some effects to a particular med. Going to investigate the cholesterol meds a little closer as I'm on two different types.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So the Statin recommendation in the UK by NICE was overturned by doctors who know it doesn't work.

Now they are turning to do it again with a new drug to lower cholesterol that will cost the UK billions.

Recommended with full transparency of a trial that showed it did nothing and based on doing nothing it therefore proved in their own database, they don't share as it is owned by the University of Oxford who are sponsored by the same pharma co selling the drug.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: drussell41

Thats the first mistake - believing theres a need for prescription meds that alter the chemical balance of a brain.

Mood and nature awareness instead of just barrelling through life without stopping to smell the roses so to speak.

Meds should only be accepted into the body to fight serious viral disease or post surgery to stave of infection, but all these anti depressants or similiar - well asking for trouble.

We'll I'm sorry. Would you prefer that I would have killed myself instead of taking anti-depressants that completely changed my life 180 degree's? From being someone who didn't want to talk to anyone at all, and who wanted to off myself, to becoming someone who actually liked to chat with people, converse, get to know them, talk about ton's of things; and NOT want to off myself?

That's what anti-depressants did for me.

Going from someone who at the end of a work shift, would go to the toilet, wait for a couple minutes, and go down the elevator alone, just so I didn't have to go down the elevator with my work mates because I was too incredibly anxious and didn't want to be around them. Then after getting the right anti-depressant meds, to me having conversations, having a good laugh and talking # with people and enjoying myself.

Anti-depressants do work, can do a world of good if you can find the correct one for you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join