It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescription meds that "change who we are"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I knew it! Even though a couple docs expressed disbelief when I told them the statin made me bitchy to the point that I'd end up divorced. It was the second statin I tried. The first brand caused muscle pain. I'm done with them.

What interesting in this article--in addition to the drug side effects mentioned--is that it looks like even having a diet too low in cholesterol leads to aggression.

www.bbc.com... 8

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Thats the first mistake - believing theres a need for prescription meds that alter the chemical balance of a brain.

Mood and nature awareness instead of just barrelling through life without stopping to smell the roses so to speak.

Meds should only be accepted into the body to fight serious viral disease or post surgery to stave of infection, but all these anti depressants or similiar - well asking for trouble.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Avoid statins, since they raise the VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor)
which encourages cancer.

# 1059

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Statins aren't an antidepressant.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Maybe this is a link between low cholesterol and more aggressiveness on the streets as more and more attacks and murders take place these days than they did before Doctors were telling us that we should be lowering our cholesterol levels!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: CthruU

Statins aren't an antidepressant.

I didn't say they where.

Also, as well as, prescription meds, chemical balance alterers.

Statins are known to have profound effects on essential brain cells and are especially dangerous to the onset of depression which you guessed it will provoke a GP to prescribe anti depressants.

Superficial studies will claim they benefit memory etc but in reality thats short term.
edit on 9-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I had a reaction to statins so bad that my co-workers had an "intervention". The statins gradually caused short term memory problems, insomnia, and confusion. Even after stopping taking them 5 years ago, I still have problems remembering things. My dad had Alzheimer's and passed recently, and I wonder if it was really Alzheimer's, or if he too had a statin reaction nobody caught.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

My mother didn't like taking statins either. She said it made her feel like she drank too much coffee -- kind of jittery and irritable. I don't blame you for stopping. Especially if they were prescribed for preventative purposes, rather than already having high cholesterol.

Good luck and take good care of yourself.

edit on 9-1-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

My mother didn't like taking statins either. She said it made her feel like she drank too much coffee -- kind of jittery and irritable. I don't blame you for stopping. Especially if they were prescribed for preventative purposes, rather than already having high cholesterol.

Good luck and take good care of yourself.

Thanks. It was for high cholesterol, but it was just barely over. It's insanity, this hard-and-fast adherence to artificially set limits and ignoring side effects.

Yeah, I think I'd rather just eat more oatmeal and beans than become the Ogre from Hell.

edit on 9-1-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

For what it's worth -- but don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself -- the last good doctor I had told me that when it comes to cholesterol levels, it's not the actual numbers that matter as much as whether they are balanced. If I'm remembering correctly, one number represents the cholesterol going to the heart and the other number represents the cholesterol leaving the heart. As long as those numbers are about the same, it's all good. It's only when you have more cholesterol going to the heart than leaving the heart that it's a problem.

This was about 20 years ago. I am a total dairy junkie, and even though I tend to be on the skinny side, I was worried about all the scare talk about high cholesterol at the time. He wasn't at all concerned. I even told him how much dairy I consume, and that's when he explained this to me.

But like I said, don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself. Maybe it's not something you even need to worry about. And if it is... well... then I'd much prefer oatmeal to pills! Maybe add some diced apples or peaches... and chopped walnuts or pecans... a little brown sugar and cinnamon... and -- OF COURSE! -- some milk (or heavy cream) over the top... Yum!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
I knew it! Even though a couple docs expressed disbelief when I told them the statin made me bitchy to the point that I'd end up divorced. It was the second statin I tried. The first brand caused muscle pain. I'm done with them.

What interesting in this article--in addition to the drug side effects mentioned--is that it looks like even having a diet too low in cholesterol leads to aggression.

www.bbc.com... 8

After doing some research, I made the decision to stop taking my statins, from all that I gathered it is just big pharma and doctors (yet again) doing business as usual.
Make up your own mind though, I am not a doctor, thank God!

www.youtube.com...

I couldn't get this to come up on ATS, but it's a safe link to YouTube, and it needs to be watched.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-1-2020 by recrisp because: ...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My wife was on heavy duty mood stabilizers and a plethora of the garbage for years because of her wonderful doctors.

After nearly losing her to mania's, rapid-cycling due to over prescribing fast acting depressants, and way too strong ssri's....

She has finally been weaned off all of them. It took over 2 years, and was not a fun experience.

My once sweet and caring wife now has the temperament of an ogre that's hungry. The total 180 degree shift has been hard on everyone, including her.

She hates being angry, as that is not her normal, or accepted state of mind.

It's terrible what she's been going through, and am sure you can relate.

Just find an outlet of some sort, do your best to not go full nuclear.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ummm...hormones...

Those babies can change who you...physically and cognitively are...

Moobs...

not a...good look...on a bearded burly guy...

Unless of course...that's the look your going for...I mean...

And..."there's nothing wrong with that"...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
My wife was on heavy duty mood stabilizers and a plethora of the garbage for years because of her wonderful doctors.

After nearly losing her to mania's, rapid-cycling due to over prescribing fast acting depressants, and way too strong ssri's....

She has finally been weaned off all of them. It took over 2 years, and was not a fun experience.

My once sweet and caring wife now has the temperament of an ogre that's hungry. The total 180 degree shift has been hard on everyone, including her.

She hates being angry, as that is not her normal, or accepted state of mind.

It's terrible what she's been going through, and am sure you can relate.

Just find an outlet of some sort, do your best to not go full nuclear.

Good luck.

It's awful. Thanks for hanging in there.

I found my outlet: I stopped the drug and won't go back on any statin whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...hormones...

Those babies can change who you...physically and cognitively are...

Moobs...

not a...good look...on a bearded burly guy...

Unless of course...that's the look your going for...I mean...

And..."there's nothing wrong with that"...

YouSir

I don't think it's hormones; it's the way statins effect the brain and neurotransmitters.

But that is one funny response. Thanks.

edit on 9-1-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

God bless ya, and good luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
As a result of a massive heart attack, my doctor has had me on a statin (currently atorvastatin) for the last 16 years.

I have experienced NO side effects, either physical or psychological, in all that time.

In fact, over the years since my “event”, I have become healthier physically and calmer emotionally.

Individual reactions to medications are likely to vary, one size cannot be expected to fit all, but likewise, it is imprudent to condemn an entire class of therapeutic drugs based on anything less than carefully designed and executed large scale research.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That would be a cool theory if it weren't for the fact that violent crime -- particularly, street crime -- has been trending down for decades and is far lower than it was in the 80s.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Our heart burns lipids, not sugar. Overall, lowering lipids to the point that they say is healthy is bad for some people's hearts. Learned that from taking a class on cardiovascular diseases.

Human squalene is reduced when taking statins, so is vitamin D. These two lipid based chemistries help protect us from diseases. Reducing these chemicals in our bodies increases our odds that we could have problems with viruses and cancers being more of a problem. This has been researched. There are side effects to this medicine, I will not take it.

The majority of the people I know who were put on statins wound up having side effects and quit them. Doctors should not discount the symptoms, but many are brainwashed that test results are a better indicator than the actual health deterioration and crabiness of the person taking these meds.

The German word for sick is Krank. So if you are kranky you most often are sick. Lipids are modulators of cells, they keep us calmer and can actually help to reduce the cells from dying because of over excitation. They are also neuromodulators and have a calming effect. Some lipids are better than others at calming without causing negative health effects. A good balance of the Omega 3 to omega 6 oils is necessary, and saturated fats are not the demon they used to be if the fats are more natural and are in moderation

Runners have high levels of cholesterol, but they are using it regularly. Sedimentary lifestyle does not use the lipids and they can cause problems.

The oyster mushroom has natural levostatin in it, consuming it occasionally will help some people. All mushrooms have a little statin chemistry in them but the oyster has way more. Too much oyster mushroom can cause side effects similar to statins too.

The more muscle you have, the more cholesterol is mobilized when you do something, even walking to the doctors and then to go get your blood drawn if it is half way across the hospital or clinic. If you are working hard right before you go to get your blood drawn, your cholesterol is usually high, the muscle stores are released to allow the muscles to get energy and to moderate overreactions.

The chemical organization that gave the info to the medical industry that there was a correlation between heart disease and cholesterol did not say there was a cause and effect, but Pharma companies ran with it and started pushing statin meds. It is a scam. The ACA came back and told the medical industry that it was just something they noticed and the medical industry ignored their evidence that high ldl is just a symptom. Actually, now it has been found that compacted high density LDL is what should be targeted, ldl and vldl is not much of a problem as they thought it was. But the medical field will not accept this information to consider, they have taken up a flawed mindset. They do not want to admit they made a mistake, after all they have degrees on how to administer meds that the Pharma companies say work based on cherry picked research procedures.

Not all pharma companies are bad, and the majority of doctors are just misinformed and mistaught about this kind of stuff. Their training is to treat symptoms and to administer medications that are approved, not advise nutrition.

This is already too long, I know a lot from looking at lots of research. I do not cherry pick what I want to look at, I look at what the medical industry says and I find how they have derived at their consensus. Half the time, their interpretation of the evidence is flawed or they focus on a little point instead of looking at the whole picture.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I haven't had any problems with my cholesterol meds, however I had some SERIOUS problems with meds for my chronic angina! The first med I tried completely changed my personality within literally an hour of ingesting it. My personality switched from being a laid back hippie chick to a complete raging psycho! Scared the crap out of my husband to boot. Thankfully the effects wore off after about 8 hours.

The next morning I called my cardiologist and explained the situation so he prescribed me a different medication made up of a completely different chemical composition. Within an hour of ingesting it my vision started to blur. Within a few hours I could barely see and a few hours after that I was almost blind. Fortunately by morning my vision was blurry but back, and by afternoon completely normal.

Once again I called my cardiologist to tell him how I had reacted and he said there was one more drug I could try but that it was my last option. I explained that no, there was another option. I chose the option of not trying the last drug and learning to live with my angina. I think either of those drugs could have possibly killed me had I continued with them and I decided it wasn't worth risking that the third one might be the "charm" that ended my life.

edit on 9-1-2020 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: My spelling sucks before my third cup of coffee!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join