It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why atheism and atheists are just wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

If you want scientifically based evidence of a higher power. Look into CERN and what they are really about. They are not a group of scientists who are trying to just find the "God Particle" for scientific research or to simply confirm something.

They have a more sinister approach to their work and they have been very successful to this date.

It's called the God damned particle, just to be clear.

www.independent.ie...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Many credible scientists would actually disagree.
There are those who were agnostic, even atheist. Eventually through their work, they changed their minds.

**The Agnostic is an Atheist. The Atheist is an Agnostic. The Agnostic says,

‘I do not know, but I do not believe there is any God.’ The Atheist says the same.**

Credited to Robert G. Ingersol popularly known as "The Great Agnostic"

Agnostic “ I don’t know, can not know if there is a God”
Atheist “ There is not, can not be a God”

And in your opinion that is the same

I don’t think ingersol has read a dictionary or he is a philosophical numpty playing with words

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Satan is not a God. He is a Fallen Angel. An outcast.

Satan is very intelligent. And very deceitful.

Probably better at playing 4D chess than Trump is.

I'll give him that.

Lucifer is the fallen Angel according to the, ahem, official narrative. Satan is simply known as the adversary and very little is known about where exactly he comes from. But God existed before all things, supposedly. Do the math.

Should be noted here that I believe in all parties being able to explain themselves in the public eye. And the conspicuous absence of defense from this so called force of evil is unsettling. A gagged criminal is not silenced because he lies.
edit on 18-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm an atheist...
I don't believe we were created by a higher power.

However I do believe every religion was created by men to control people using a propped up moon god of their choice.
I also believe that more death and destruction has been caused by religious leaders and people using religion as an excuse than has ever been caused by atheists.

Maybe im totally wrong in my lack of belief but I can live with that.

Except Stalin was an atheist in charge of an atheist regime
Mao, same
Pol Pot, same
And those three wonderful atheists probably killed more people than every religion put together.
And remember, religion was used by some very malevolent people to invade and control lands and trade
Yes, evil people do evil things, use belief, manipulate people who are not sincere

Christianity teaches that Christians can’t kill
Atheists don’t
Your hands are not clean

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Constantine created yours.

Constantine created catholicism
You are just looking for a reaction

Many Christians existed before and after Constantine
It’s a pretty ignorant thing to say, way to much zeitgeist for you

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
And, everyone gets married in a church for some reason.....a minister anyway!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

As a Christian, I don't think we should be concerned with proving atheists or atheism "wrong".

I think you did hit on something though. Thomas Jefferson famously said that certain truths were self-evident; the Declaration of Independence: "...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." Denial of the self-evident doesn't prove its non-existence, it just squelches it for a short time. Truth always comes to light, again and again.

The truth of God's existence is self-evident. As much as unalienable rights.

We find proof in...

...the law of God written in our hearts.
...the default wiring that has us crying out for God in times of distress.
...the complexity of this universe.
...the catalyst for the big bang or even the existence of matter to begin with.
...the fact that our known reality is just a projection that only exists while it is being observed.
...the emptiness in person's heart that can never be filled by anything but our creator.

And the list goes on.

This is why you see atheists actively participating in Christian forums, because deep down they are drawn to God, even if they don't want to admit it.

Instead of chastising atheists for what they get wrong, we should be leading by example and show the love that Jesus called us to. Love atheists and show them what Christianity truly is. Lead by example. Answer their questions with Biblical truth. Plant the seeds and let God nurture them.

Atheism is just a lack of belief in God. Belief just happens to be a requirement to receive God into your life. The two are diametrically opposed by their nature. It doesn't mean they're irredeemably wrong, on the contrary. The human heart is wired for God, so even the most hardened atheists find their way to God.

Again, there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it and I don't think calling atheists wrong is going to change minds. If anything it will turn them away, because you're coming at their core beliefs in an antagonistic manner.

Bring the good news to all. The gospel of Jesus Christ. God will do the rest.
edit on 18-10-2019 by Freth because: endless edits, as usual

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
And, everyone gets married in a church for some reason.....a minister anyway!

You would think they would have a judge marry them. If sworn to testify what book do they place their hand on or who do they swear to tell the truth to?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yea but athiesm was not used as a reason to commit atrocities, from what i know. It was used as a way to get people to only follow their government. Big brother is god and the writer of right and wrong. Religions supercede the government's dictated morals and laws.

So it's more about killing in the name of government. Athiesm is just a tool for control. Which, could be said about religion. Except athiests usually don't kill for the sake of athiesm, whereas theists might.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OP, i think alot of athiests reject the idea that reality is strangely taboo because they are going by what can be proven. Or what is an established tgeory. Everything else is speculation.

Theists are ready to jump to conclusions about the unknown. Athiests are waiting for the proven facts.

It seems silly to debate. I think the best position is somewhere inbetween, but that's just my feeling.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yea but athiesm was not used as a reason to commit atrocities, from what i know. It was used as a way to get people to only follow their government. Big brother is god and the writer of right and wrong. Religions supercede the government's dictated morals and laws.

So it's more about killing in the name of government. Athiesm is just a tool for control. Which, could be said about religion. Except athiests usually don't kill for the sake of athiesm, whereas theists might.

Darwinian evolution inspired Hitler, Jews were sub human.
Stalin wanted to destroy and killed religious people
You kid yourself if you don’t see the atrocities of atheism
Not atrocities?

Atheism and religion can be used as tools of control.

Here are some numbers, I bet you will ignore them
www.str.org...

You atheists have no moral superiority
www.conservapedia.com...

The difference I see
Atheists deny their crimes against mankind
Christians don’t, are well aware of the evil carried out in Christ’s name
edit on 18-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freth

Thing is, proof can't be subjective or it's just evidence. And evidence is a tricky game when it comes to forces we can't measure.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freth

The truth of God's existence is self-evident.

Our existence is self evident. I would think God's existence would require a hirer bar than our awareness of our own existence. That is unless you consider "I think therefore I am. I am, therefore, God", a valid observation.

Now, if someone asks "How did we get here?", and you answer "God created us, and put us here.", what can I say but, "Oh, okay." But, when you assign all these other things to why God created us and his personal dilemma of the outcome of consciousness, free will and self determinism being solved by the preplanned murder of "his son"...blah blah blah…

Well, that's another ball of universal wax.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Hitler was historically very uninformed on the subject of evolution, using it the same way creation politics often hijacks natural phenomena like eclipses to prove that higher powers are communicating with us. He had also been quoted repeatedly as doing the will of God. But his knowledge of Darwinian evolution, which is NOT the theory of evolution we know today, was severely lacking.

The numbers you provided are correct and the correlation is clear. Good on you for providing factual sources. This is why the God debate has no place in government which has been one of the leading points in atheist circles for some time now. Government was not formed to protect or to defy a higher power, but to promote human growth and nurture our society by means of our own minds and tools. We don't need a king or a master, we need community. Frankly our souls are our own to save, no shortcuts or handouts. That includes making deals with gods.
edit on 18-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Atheists who claim there is no evidence for the existence of God seem to have a very precise definition for the word "God". For these people, there is a presupposition God or gods must be a thing "out there" to be experienced like an object. Objects have definitions. Objects have limitations. Objects have boundaries.

I think their just going off the definition that believers give them.

Most believers have a definition of a god.

In this way I agree. No one else's definition of a god has ever been something I believed in.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Here is a book I read long ago about this subject.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I say booooo to you sir.

This is one of the better threads I've seen in a while.

Would you prefer we yell at each other over politics?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

It would be as if you created a computer.. to do certain things and it has a purpose and it's thought process cannot go beyond what you want it to think. If you were the creator of that computer, you would not be running around inside of it changing numbers and re-programming.

Lol. You made me think of this so I had to post it.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I always liked the moon.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

A human is bigger than the sum of their parts.

There exists in us a consciousness that cannot be explained by what we call science.

Other animals have the same.

We as a planet full of living things are bigger that the sum of our parts.

There exists a consciousnesses over all things that cannot be explained.

All religions exist to attempt to explain this.

They all fall short.

In not believing in something that exists despite your belief you just end up not believing in your own potential as a small part of the whole.

Once you realize that, the rest sorts itself out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join