It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why atheism and atheists are just wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So smug.

I have no idea where all of this came from, but I'm 100% certain it didn't come from any of the gods in the story books.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm an atheist...
I don't believe we were created by a higher power.

However I do believe every religion was created by men to control people using a propped up moon god of their choice.
I also believe that more death and destruction has been caused by religious leaders and people using religion as an excuse than has ever been caused by atheists.

Maybe im totally wrong in my lack of belief but I can live with that.

I do believe in some higher entity , for whatever it is, could be just nature and the laws of physics .

I am on board with you on man's religions and causing more death and destruction . I don't buy into religion at all.

I've been pretty lucky in my life for the most part. I feel that something is watching or guiding me somehow and someway.

For all I know , it could be the God in Preacher if you have ever seen that show. It's awesome !

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a christian believes all the gods of all the other religions are fake or dont exist.

an atheist believes in one less god than christians.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No of course not, never ever
Evolution could never be abused by people, it’s a pure and unadulterable faith

Come on TC you are not that naive

Hitler and Nazis were built on the superiority of the Aryan race, liar 🤥
hitlersgermansociety.weebly.com...

You can’t be that ignorant

encyclopedia.ushmm.org...

You are a fundamentalist who ignores wrong to protect your faith

There is a Jehovah witness who won’t acknowledge pedophiles in their organisation, you are similar, you can’t acknowledge the failing of your own faith TC
Gullible fundie

Anyway
Religion and politics, very much agree it should be separate, though I believe evolution is a faith
No argument between separation of church and state from me
edit on 18-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well, for one, i think morals are judged individually by actions. Secondly, did Stalin kill because he thought religious people were sub-human, or because religion was deemed a threat to the state?

I think it really just boils down to people using whatever they can for control and power. Whether that is anti-religion or pro-religion.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Evolution is a faith? Well.. that's a bit silly. Evolution is our best working theory to how man came about and i believe it has been proven to occur in other species.

However, even if you disagree with that, it's still a science. The possibility that we got evolution wrong doesn't make it a faith, imo.

Arguing the existence of global warming and evolution is far different than arguing based on religious text.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Is there really a difference between a theist and atheist, or a gnostic an agnostic?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

No. It is circular logic.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Religio means "to go within" i.e. "to know and obey" God. In any true religion, God comprises absolute spiritual ideals -- love, truth, justice, goodness, beauty, harmony -- pure and unalloyed. God is nothing if not Moral - i.e. Good.

Evil is the absence of God, just as darkness is the absence of light.

I prefer the Didache (the Teaching), the 1st-century seven-page document that's probably the closest thing to real Christianity that we have. It goes:
"There are two ways, one of life and one of death, and there is a great difference between the two ways." The Didache is unambiguous. It says emphatically that we know the difference between good and evil, and when you encounter those who make good and evil ambiguous, rebuke them and walk away.

Once you truly start to engage with God - You begin to see the true evil that walks this plane. You see the patterns and how it works. It's sad, really.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Many credible scientists would actually disagree.

Which is just based on there humble opinion, not actual scientifically based evidence.

If you needed confirmation that humanity is being forced the wrong direction, away from God, check out Ben Stein's 2008 documentary, "Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed."

It documents how scientists who see an intelligent force at work in nature are being fired from their jobs.

They are being slandered as "Creationists" and religious fundamentalists. Any mention of "Intelligent Design" is forbidden in this environment. Quite closed minded for scientists if you ask me..

Does this not spark your curiosity? Science is supposed to explain the complex intelligence manifest in the natural world, not deny that it exists.

The punished scientists are not religious. They simply know that a single cell is more complex than an atom bomb. Obviously, an amazing intelligence is at work. Call it God or Intelligent Design.

Creation is a miracle which didn't happen by accident. It's governed by laws which scientists and meta physicians are supposed to discern. You think a group of "scientists" working at CERN to discover some proof of God would actually provide that to the public? I bet they have found some sort of proof by now with their "sci-fi like", complex and extremely expensive projects and tests. Things just don't add up down there. What have they been doing all this time? Have you seen the new construction of a literal "sun on this earth"?

A literal sun on earth is undergoing construction just down from CERN

Imagine the power this thing can provide to the Hadron Collider and what it will be able to do..

I have seen these people speak of opening some sort of portal and sending something into it or having something come out of it.. Gee..Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see hell on earth v2.
edit on 19-10-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: TzarChasm

No of course not, never ever
Evolution could never be abused by people, it’s a pure and unadulterable faith

Come on TC you are not that naive

Hitler and Nazis were built on the superiority of the Aryan race, liar 🤥
hitlersgermansociety.weebly.com...

You can’t be that ignorant

encyclopedia.ushmm.org...

You are a fundamentalist who ignores wrong to protect your faith

There is a Jehovah witness who won’t acknowledge pedophiles in their organisation, you are similar, you can’t acknowledge the failing of your own faith TC
Gullible fundie

Anyway
Religion and politics, very much agree it should be separate, though I believe evolution is a faith
No argument between separation of church and state from me

Hitler was fixated on the superiority of one group of humans over another. Sapiens vs sapiens. That's not evolution talking, that's a gross misinterpretation of culture masquerading as a biology lecture. He was crazy and that's kinda the point, he knew next to nothing about evolution and we are now much better equipped to appreciate that fact. Not to mention that he definitely wasn't an atheist.

Also stop calling me names, that childish trick is beneath both of us.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: dfnj2015
I often find it rather strange of people who have no belief in God to use phrases associated with said belief. Such terms as:

Damn it. Its such a common saying when something pisses one off, but who is it or what is it that's gonna damn a situation? What is damnation for a non believer?

Jeeeeesus Christ. If Jesus is or was not a historical person then why use that name in frustration? Why not use let's say George Washington! Or some other historically validated person?

Like in Seinfeld, when they sneeze they say "You're sooooooo attractive!" instead of bless you?

Expletives or words used to express anger, frustration, etc have absolutely no baring on the actual word itself.

or saying "F... Me", would be more a request than a sign of frustration.

But I think you knew that.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
There are many words we all use daily that we lack knowledge of origin for. An ongoing study of etymology helps.

^ This.. so many words, even sounds, letters of our alphabet, etc.. their origin and initial meaning lost in time, but still there to be found.

I love etymology.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Satan is not a God. He is a Fallen Angel. An outcast.

Satan is very intelligent. And very deceitful.

Probably better at playing 4D chess than Trump is.

I'll give him that.

Your god sure has a bad track record of casting his creations out of heaven, huh. Or just evicting them from his garden...

I don't mind people believing in heaven, an afterlife.. if it gives them solace and endurance throughout this life, then that is their comfort.

But man, people who think they 'know' all this mumbo jumbo grind my goats.. get my gears up.. yikes.

An' ye harm none, do as ye will..

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

If you want scientifically based evidence of a higher power. Look into CERN and what they are really about. They are not a group of scientists who are trying to just find the "God Particle" for scientific research or to simply confirm something.

They have a more sinister approach to their work and they have been very successful to this date.

You have zero understanding of what they are doing at CERN, given that statement.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Not in the name of atheism.

I wish people would get that part right.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Oh I dunno, I'm partial to Humperdoo, myself.. haha great show.

Should have seen the comments on youtube about how the world will end and how we're all sinners for the trailers to season 4.

Religious folk... Ay Caramba..

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Not in the name of atheism.

I wish people would get that part right.

Well Jesus taught love so no one was killed in the name of Christianity
I can play silly as well

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Evolution is a faith? Well.. that's a bit silly. Evolution is our best working theory to how man came about and i believe it has been proven to occur in other species.

However, even if you disagree with that, it's still a science. The possibility that we got evolution wrong doesn't make it a faith, imo.

Arguing the existence of global warming and evolution is far different than arguing based on religious text.

Well what would be even sillier would be calling evolution a science and showing no evidence for evolution

So off you go, prove evolution has any evidence

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Well what would be even sillier would be calling evolution a science and showing no evidence for evolution

So off you go, prove evolution has any evidence

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join