It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Bigfoot has also been spotted in Mexico and other parts of central America all the way down to South America.

Again, people turning it into a supernatural and magical being.

south American Bigfoot

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

Interesting article!
I'd never heard any of it before.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject
Bigfoot has also been spotted in Mexico and other parts of central America all the way down to South America. Again, people turning it into a supernatural and magical being. south American Bigfoot

I didn't know about the myth of the huge mouth on the belly... that was a new one for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well makes sense, just areas were its easy to be nondescript. Besides, does a bear # in the woods? I dont think Bigfoot would be walking through downtown New York any time soon.

Just like nobody from downtown New York would be trekking through the middle of nowhere. It does not happen.

And its easy to hide in the woods or mountainous areas. Heck even in park areas its easy to hide or get lost. I think last year there's this local mountain area, its a small mountain, people climb it every year, its steep, some parts you need to go on all fours to get through, but it only takes about a hour or so if you start from the top area, from the bottom area, much longer.

Anyways, makes things short, people would not even know were anything is. There are goats there, some hunters, but the hikers sometimes see goats and sometimes not. Last year during hunting season went there, just hiking nothing more. There was this tent at close to the peak, first time I went there, there was a guy there said he climbed that mountain a few times in the past weeks and that tent was still there last week and the week before but never seen anybody there.

And then i came back in a week, the guys tent was still there. So if he was a hunter, was there for over 3 weeks. And theres nothing much there, but you can climb off the beaten path and go peak to peak on the high ground for literally for hundreds of miles or more.

I tried going off the beaten path the second time I hiked there, but its dangerous, only thing up there people see are the goats once in a while, and well they can climp up the side of a 90 degree cliff face. And if the guy staked his tent and was hunting goats in the area.

Chances are just as good that he slipped and fell to his death, then they are that he is on a 3 week long hike in that area.

Should have gone this year as well. If that tent is still there in the same exact position.

Point being, the great majority of humans don't much get out there habitat areas. And its for a reason, not a good place to be and survive for the average person, much less on there own. Look at that vid of the lone guy or Bigfoot I posted earlier.

Do you know how long it would have taken in the past or even today for people to colonize or go through all those mountain ranges? Literally generations and generations.

Basically 90% of the worlds population inhabits 10% of the worlds land, so basically 90% of the earth total land mass, is just someplace people see once in a while, and likely only the TV.

The majority of humans life in confined small habitats called cities. Hows that for putting things in perspective, when all the cities of the world, are only just 10% of the total habitable land mass? 90% is a whole lot of places to hider or just disappear.

Its why I said, bigfoot. The ultimate nomad, and no, it should not be that hard to escape notice of the eyes of people. In fact its not that hard to do, as the majority of people only see what they want to see. If even that, the majority see what they have been thought and conditioned to see.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Even if that were Bigfoot, his speed going through that snow and ice is amazing.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

I didn't know about the myth of the huge mouth on the belly... that was a new one for me.

Was new to me too mate.

This right here is a pretty darn comprehensive video about global sightings, different names and historical reports:

It also contains the classic statement:

"There's an old Chinese proverb which asks what is the smartest animal in the world?"

"The one that hasn't been discovered by man."

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Actually, in the late 14th or 15th centuries there were artist conceptions of creatures in the New World...I seem to recall a picture of something like that...though it's been years since I've seen it.

It wasn't on line...I think it's a book I have somewhere that has it.

Maybe, though the odds are long, it wasn't such a fanciful drawing after all?? I'll see if I can find it, and I'll link to it later.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

That Squamish, British Columbia video is cool. Watched it a dozen times or more. I find it very relaxing. I have a 70 inch screen and I still cannot tell what I am looking at. But I can tell it is not a man. There is no way a man could walk that far that fast. I have studied this landscape on Google Maps when there is no snow and the distance it travels to me is too much even for a man on skies.

I am guessing it is a moose. Because Bigfoot are not known for walking around in the open during the day, and it just looks too big to be a dear of some kind. But a moose could be that big and travel that far that fast. The only problem against it being a moose is that it never turns sideways.

But maybe it does right after the video ends. I think that the people with the camera were honest during the filming in that they did not know what they were looking at. But the video ends with the creature still in sight. So maybe the animal turned sideways to the camera and then they knew it was not a Bigfoot. So they posted the video knowing it was just a moose but hoaxed us by not letting the video play out to the end.

There is a blow-up video of it - a close up of it done that seems to show the side movements going up and down like a four legged creature would make when seen from the rear. Watch the following from the 1 minute mark:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-11-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: can't spell worth spit

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
To be honest, there is another video I forgot about, of a possible Sasquatch walking in the open in daylight - and it is from the same Sqamish area.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

One of the things that irritates me is that this has not already been tested on site. Everyone knows where Squamish is because it is a popular hiking area outside of Vancover.

At around 4,500 feet above sea level, this would have to be a person used to breathing at that height. But forget about boots or snowshoes, I do not think even a man with cross country skis could travel that distance that fast.

I mean that thing goes from before the dark line in the snow to the rocks in just over a minute. Then it goes just as far but also uphill in another minute and a half.

People that have put pencil to map claim that this thing climbs 149 feet in 126 seconds. They say that relates to climbing a 15 story building by going up each flight of stairs in 8 seconds without stopping. And that does not count the amount of horizontal distance covered during the same time.

That’s not a human hiking.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Those guys said they watched it going down the slope.

They would've seen it on all fours.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

People that have put pencil to map claim that this thing climbs 149 feet in 126 seconds. They say that relates to climbing a 15 story building by going up each flight of stairs in 8 seconds without stopping. And that does not count the amount of horizontal distance covered during the same time.

That’s not a human hiking.

Something that I haven't shared much is that while ATS was doing a preliminary investigation at the Gilliland Ranch, there was one day where I had my telephoto gear pointed at a very steep slope on Mt Adams had what looked like three "Something's" climbing up the side of the snow. two in front, one a little ways behind. These were the classic Blobsplotches as I'm about 13 miles from there (distance as the crow flies) viewing. Everyone else was saying that it was hikers/climbers, but I'm not too sure about that as there were no visible signs of gear, clothing or any distinguishable colors to be seen. Yes I know.. 13 miles! But even at my zoomed in area, these ' supposed hikers' were moving up the mountain at quite a great clip/speed (basing the time and distance from moving from certain landmarks).

Is it possible that they were climbers/hiker.. sure, could've been human. But I've never seen humans move that fast in deep snow uphill on a steep mountain slope. So hence... blobsplotches.

I do think that what ever was on that You Tube video rapidly moving in the snow (being currently discussed) that it too would be hard to say was human.

Johnny

edit on 11/12/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Been thinking about Bigfoot a lot today. The possibility they are humans beings

1 They are actually descendants of escaped slaves in the 19th century and these people desperate to keep their freedom and indeed lives (they haven't heard of how better the world has become) from what theysee from their mountain hideouts as slave owners

2 Amrican Indians who have just about manage to keep their tribes hidden from the modern world

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
But I've never seen humans move that fast in deep snow uphill on a steep mountain slope. So hence... blobsplotches.

I wish we had video of THAT. Must be mountain goats or Bigfoot, what else is left?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
The possibility they are humans beings

I do not think they are humans. The only human thing about them is that they look human and are bipedal. But they do not build things. They do not use fire. Etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject

Those guys said they watched it going down the slope.

They would've seen it on all fours.

I remember the witness said that they had been watching it for about 5 minutes before they started filming. He said he felt that there was no way it could have been a four legged animal as he thought it was walking on two legs.

If that is true then it is a Bigfoot we are watching. Bear watchers say it seems too fast to be a bear and it sure looks too big to be some kind of mountain goat.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: seagull

I have yet to get a Park Ranger to open up.

I don't know if it's NFS policy or what, but I've experienced the same thing. Rangers, particularly those pulling duty in those fire lookout stations, apparently experience weird stuff regularly but won't talk about it (or aren't allowed to talk about it).

It'd be nice if Rangers could remember their humanity an just chit-chat, but too many idiots an wannabe researchers pretty much spoiled that. Plus I'd never put anyones job at risk.

My girlfriend at the time and I went on a small tour of a file lookout post which had a very nice view of a long valley that extended south into the Domelands in the Sequoia National Forest. I pointed that way and jokingly said, "And there's where the flying saucers come up from Edwards Air Force Base on their way up to Canada and Alaska." Suddenly, the previously talkative ranger there got very, oddly quiet. Oops. Sensitive subject. We didn't press it.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ya, seeing things through a camera is kind of misleading, I would not say its impossible to cover that much ground that fast. But it would not be easy, and it would be even harder to maintain for hours on end. And its going the wrong dam way, so I suppose if it is bigfoot and wants to go through all that, its got to maintain pace like that for days and days if not weeks and months to get through those mountain ranges.

Either way, people always bitch about why didnt they catch this or that on camera. They never tried to catch things in the wild on camera. Its a pain, even things like deer in bushes, if you want to track it with a camera you always got to look through the lens or the screen, and well if you do that, you will lose track fast as even the best camera is slow as hell, especially at zoom.

I seen deer or animals by eye anywhere from 30 yards to over 200 yards, but if you pick up your camera to shoot it, unless its standing still and does not care about being spotted, you gonna lose it in the few seconds it takes to orientate and look through the screen and zoom in.

In all I would say even the most modern cameras are useless in the wild to capture even small things like deer or birds, and completely useless to capture anything at dusk much less night. And most professional who do it, like in documentaries, spend hours and hours days and days, sometimes months and months watching were the animal goes on a daily basis so they can film it.

Trust me, your not just going to run into a bear or bigfoot or whatever in the wild and be pulling your camera out to film it. In some cases that's a wasted motion, and in others, who has 2 seconds to bother with that when you come face to face with a bear in the wild.

Anybody that thinks that if they ran into bigfoot in the woods up close and personal, and there going to sit there and pull out there camera and film it all. Is kidding themselves, there are people who # themselves just from having a run in with a bear, much less freaking bigfoot.

But in either case, whoever or whatever that was in that vid, even if its a moose, even a moose would have to be crazy to try to go through all that, as there is a way around, maybe mountain goats cross that yearly, but little else would choose to traverse that, especially as there are ways around.

But if there traversing all those ranges by foot, whatever it is. Its very impressive.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Would not discount goats. Sure humans can climb some steep stuff, and there are some death defying people that do that. But even they do not live and breath it, and have done it for longer then humans have been farming.

But you would be surprised the places goats can get to, and if bigfoot is out there, having hands and feet, they would be more then build to get up some crazy high places, probably more so then goats as having those thumbs and digits comes in real handy to grab on to stuff.

But ya. Goats, not sure if this vid is real, but its been online forever, and there are crazier places goats can get to, going up 60 degree cliffs or more, even in snow seems to be little issue for them.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
More goat videos, this time climbing up the side of an old dam to get at salt. In the latter part of the vid it shows how far up they got as the camera pans down.

But hey need that salt the way they go, kind of like marathon distance runners, some of them go long off and they carry salt pills with them, think I even heard some say that if your running crazy long distances, people who go 100 to 300 mile runs, say they would not even be able to do, or it would be impossible, if they did not take there salt every hour or half hour, or so.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join