It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I just found his videos last night...they are absolutely filled with clear signs and clear Habituation evidence....realtime habituation...very much like my own area...I was going to look for translated versions but I actually muted the sound and had a good laugh as they began deciphering or trying to decipher all of the signs surrounding them....I saw ever single sign PLUS MANY THEY ARE MISSING.....before they noted them......IMHO this is a very high danger area....extremely exciting but dangerous.Its a good time of the year in these videos as well as the food sources are still there and the Trails are really easy to read.Great videos by Igor ...really great!!!...and the Dude with him sounds more like Bigfoot than Bigfoot does.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There was a Beyond Creepy video that featured a person running into a Bigfoot that could talk (telepathically?) who told the person that in the past their species used to live together in harmony until a war drove them into another dimension. Since then they were not allowed to make contact with humanity. Very interesting if true. I imagine there would be some documented history of said war but alas.
edit on 7-11-2019 by jowston because: More content.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I like to dig through archives and old stories about Hairy Wild Men, which many believe is what many used to call a large hair-covered Bipedal. Even many Native American Indian tribes people often refereed to this creature as their 'Hairy Brother'.

Homo sapiens were not the only species of human's named and recognized by Linnaeus when publishing 'Systema Naturae', his revolutionary binomial system of zoological classification, in 1735. Among several others was Homo ferus, the wild man, which according to Linnaeus was covered in hair, moved on all fours, was mute, and lived apart from H. sapiens in forests, hills, and mountains. Today, none of Linnaeus’s ‘other’ species of human is recognized by mainstream science.

Back in the middle ages, the European's were supposedly obsessed with finding and catching a Wild Hairy Man. From Old English: Wudu Wasa = Wood Beings. Woodwose, Woodhouse, Wodehouse, Wudewasa, Wudewas, Wudu, Wuduwasa, are the recorded historical names in English literature. Also associated to the Green Men, Moss Folks.

The many illustrations of the Wild Man of the Middle Ages show a naked individual completely covered in long, shaggy hair with only the face, hands, elbows (and the breasts of the female) exposed. Other illustrations show this very same individual covered in leaves instead of hair or fur.

Wild Men were described as “often of gigantic proportions, dwell in woods or mountains, and originally were no doubt closely connected with the spirits of trees…From head to foot they are clothed in moss, or covered with rough shaggy hair, their long locks floating behind them in the wind.” In folklore these Wild Men are sometimes helpful to humans in that they will locate lost cattle and have the ability to treat the illnesses of cattle.

In traditional rural folklore, the wild man most commonly represents strength, fertility, rebirth, and the ‘noble savage’ uncorrupted by modern civilization.

In the Middle-Age, Wild Men often appear as heraldic symbols, over 200 families coat-or-arms depict them. In the Germanic countries, they were often described as trolls. Beowulf killed two of them.

Hundreds of centuries earlier, however, the Wild Man was depicted on a silver Etruscan bowl, on which may be seen, among human hunters on horses, the figure of a large, ape-like creature.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
More recently,

I still poke around to see if I may have missed something from current history and accounts and came across one recently by a Pastor which if true is rather interesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I found this story really interesting in that it reflects how I have been forced to accept the BF reality....its a double-bladed sword.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

In the Philippines, which is ultra superstitious and Uber religious, it's the same thing.

They ascribe magical and supernatural attributes to the "kapre" which has a lot of similarities to the Bigfoot phenomenon.

I don't know it it's really still around or just a memory passed down by oral tradition.

Indonesia has the "orang pendek" which is a prime example of insular dwarfism I pointed out.

The most logical guess is bigfoot and its ilk are very shy apes behaving like opportunistic rodents.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
In the Middle-Age, Wild Men often appear as heraldic symbols, over 200 families coat-or-arms depict them. In the Germanic countries, they were often described as trolls. Beowulf killed two of them.

Hey, Gilgamesh's hairy wild man pal Enkidu would easily fit the description of a Bigfoot pretty well, and that's one of the oldest stories humanity has. Enkidu became less of a beast when he had sex with a human female, but hey, don't we all?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If they do exist, they are super fast, can jump really high, and therefore unbelievably strong.

There are indications it can climb trees despite it's gigantic size.

It probably can tear animals to pieces and break their hardest bones to get at the marrow to share amongst themselves.

I wouldn't engage it unless I am willing and ABLE to kill it (which is how bigfoot also probably feels about humans.)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That was a very interesting video/audio from the Game Warden.

I've had discussion's with Warden's and Ranger's and all have denied any type of existence of such an animal, but their body language said otherwise and they were very uncomfortable even denying/lying to my face.

In one particular case a Warden didn't want to go to see several prints that were less than 200 feet away from where we were talking.

Everything was fine while we walked and as we spoke I asked if he could identify some mysterious large tracks, but when I told him they were larger than my boot by several inches he stopped right there and started walking back towards his truck saying he had to go.

I don't think he had some other place to go (apparently) because he still stuck around for another 25 minutes or so yakking to me about other stuff (that had nothing to do with tracks).

To me that also was very telling.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I've had that same experience.

The rangers in the Umatilla Nat'l. Forest are reluctant to even talk about it, unless they know you, and they know me. Still, they're cautious--body language says a lot.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Freaking Bigfoot, seems to be the ultimate nomad. And if you can cross the country from down south to past the mountains of western Washington and Canada going into Alaska. Well that's one hell of a journey for anybody in a car, much less on foot.

There haven't been that many new vids of bigfoot or sightings, but then again haven't looked much. But even some of the old ones, nobody has yet to prove a definite end to them. Or even this vid, I forgot were they were, seen it years ago, and from what I remember off the highway literally going to Canada, I think. There are a few tricouni peak in WA also.

But I could take a ride 30 minutes away and another few hours take a hike and go to local mountain hikes and see expanses as wide as that in my back yard. And some of the mountainous crossings into Canada, sure there are people climbing some of those mountains once in a while, but nobody would be stupid enough to try to actually cross all that on foot with no gear not even a backpack.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I think that's a Bigfoot too.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have yet to get a Park Ranger to open up.
It frets me not because back "in the day" I was fortunate enough to have married someone who had also seen them an we at least had each other to talk too. In fact one of our first dates was him taking me up to the hunting camp where he knew them to be, an I took him to a place I'd run into them.

One of our biggest arguments was he insisted they were reclusive and didn't bother anyone, my side was they were damnable inbreds and violent as all giddy-up. Turns out we were both right! Up in the mountains where he took me if they didn't want you to know about them you wouldn't. Where I took him he was appalled an couldn't drag me out of there fast enough.

It'd be nice if Rangers could remember their humanity an just chit-chat, but too many idiots an wannabe researchers pretty much spoiled that. Plus I'd never put anyones job at risk.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well your response "sucked some of the joy" outta things for me, but naming more may not make him wrong.
That's the happy thing about Time.
Everything comes out in the wash.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jowston

Found it -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Well your response "sucked some of the joy" outta things for me, but naming more may not make him wrong.
That's the happy thing about Time.
Everything comes out in the wash.

I don't ever believe that I have ever replied with anything close to " "sucked some of the joy" " as thats not in my normal vocabulary.

Can you link the post that I supposedly made where I said that please? (I think you may have mixed up some post replies here.

Johnny

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

ROFL!

I'm sorry you mistook my response. In pointing out Linnaeus named other hominids that also were not accepted it just sort of tarnished my "find" in my own eyes. I did not do enough "due diligence" obviously.

That's where "Sucking some of the joy out of my life" comment comes in.
It's just a saying for when you're disappointed.

Kudo's for your much more researched information!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

ROFL!

I'm sorry you mistook my response. In pointing out Linnaeus named other hominids that also were not accepted it just sort of tarnished my "find" in my own eyes. I did not do enough "due diligence" obviously.

That's where "Sucking some of the joy out of my life" comment comes in.
It's just a saying for when you're disappointed.

Kudo's for your much more researched information!!!

Oh Sorry Dude...

I must have had a future 'teaser' of things to come. In what is sometimes called a 'Senior Moment' & my synapses go South for a brief period .... DOH !

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

Hard to tell who or what it is. But it does look like, even if its a person, no backpack, no walking sticks. And going in the wrong dam direction, I think its up in Canada, but you could walk for months through all that and not see a town or person the whole time.

If you don't freeze at night, or die of starvation or dehydration, or stub your toe and fall to your death, or get killed by something, or...Well its a lot of ors.

Even if the dudes filming it, it would take them hours if not half the day to get from that peak there on to the bottom of that valley were there filming that lone traveler.

But looks you could sleigh down there from certain points, if they had something to sleigh on. But then they would spend the rest of the day going back up to that peak.

So who knows, to bad they did not have a better zooming camera. But if you have ever been hiking or mountain climbing, at that point, your counting ounces, and necessities.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Posting this for $#it's and giggles, I guess.
Lacking my usual google-fu today I will assume there are also maps of other states? I know most here still expect bigfoot to be off in the remote wilderness but as you can see that's not exactly the case. I'm sort of as flummoxed as anyone by the pattern's of the sightings.

www.google.com...

Another set of maps was done by Josh Stevens. I'm sure it's been posted before, just not in this thread. In looking at it it's fairly blatant more sightings are following north/south along the mountain ranges.

www.joshuastevens.net...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join