It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why poeple think aliens will attack us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The only reson why poeple think aliens will attack us is that the earth is filled with so mush hate. From this most poeple think if aliens came to this planet(which they have) that they would be hostile. I beleive that they would have been friendly and want to help us gain from what they have learned.Or wait there already watchin as and havnt try to contact us as we know.Now im confusied

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There was a similar thread that was started last week, I think. Here is the link.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There is no reason that I can think of of why they would want to help us. The only way that I see them wanting us would be for their enslavement of us or as some sort of consumption which would most likely mean our death. That is the only benefit they can gain from us.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
There is no reason that I can think of of why they would want to help us. The only way that I see them wanting us would be for their enslavement of us or as some sort of consumption which would most likely mean our death. That is the only benefit they can gain from us.

Hell, that almost sounds like the history of the Americas from the Indigenous cultures and African American point of view. Seriously thats where alot of ghosts usually reside innit....in your own closet. Why such a depressing outlook....maybe a way to beat them in your own mind is to turn their image into something a little more palatable...as long as you don't turn them into little reptilian grey hippy space nudists.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think that aliens will almost 100% be friendly.

They wouldn't want to enslave us because if they can fly this far to find us they can build robots to do work for them.

They wouldn't want our resources because I'm sure there are thousands of other planets/comets/asteroids/moons out there without any life where they can mine what they need.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't think that a race advanced enough to traveled vast interstellar distances would even be interested in culture as primitive in comparison as us. As far as resources go our planets composition and material makeup can be found on many bodies in the surrounding space. Any alien race wanted to annihilate us would have done it years ago and very quickly, we would not be able to resist, any race capable of creating the energy for quick interstellar travel could generate energy capable of destroying our sun for heaven's sakes. Here is some possibilities in order of probabilty to explain UFO's

1. Experimental Aircraft
2. Hallucination and wishful thinking
3. atmospheric phoenomenon
4. (far off but possible) Time travelers (us)

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Any alien race wanted to annihilate us would have done it years ago and very quickly, we would not be able to resist

Yes, that does sound logical at first. But if you think about it a little longer, why would an alien conquering race be interested in only our destruction?

Would it not be more safe to think that they would have an agenda, to make us do their work, worship what they worship, I.E. be their slaves!

This is especially interesting when you take into thought the possibility that humans were created hybrids of ET´s ("Let us create man in the image of ourselves"). I believe it is all part of an experiment. And we may very well be entering its final phases soon.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Suppose whatever alien race(s) have contacted us actually have an interest in us because of our uniqueness? Suppose these races are actually more anthropoligical in nature, and wish to study us to learn about another life form? Several accounts of UFO abductions seem to support this.

Even though we might be relatively primitive in comparison to a race that can travel interstellar distances with speed and practicality, we may be of interest for what we have achieved, or even just how our minds work.

I'm reminded of a video game called "Master of Orion" and both of its sequels. In this game, each race had different strengths and skills, however, the "creativity" trait was only shared by two races, one being humans. This trait enabled the humans and the other race to gain all branches of a technology, once the core research was done.

Perhaps the alien race(s) that might be here are interested in us because we possess technology that they have never even thought of, even though it may be considered by humans to be primitive by alien standards. Perhaps aliens never developed microwave ovens, and they're looking for a quick and easy way to reheat their leftovers.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Aliens would come only to steal our water and take us as food. If you don't believe me, watch the V series.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Or they could just be here as tourist, trying the local cuisine and nothing more. They may have been advised not to "feed" the local species.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Aliens would come only to steal our water and take us as food. If you don't believe me, watch the V series.

I hardly consider a fictional TV series the basis for fact. Fact is, we have no hard evidence that aliens are even here, let alone what their reasons are. All we can do is speculate.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Or they could just be here as tourist, trying the local cuisine and nothing more. They may have been advised not to "feed" the local species.

Yeah maybe! They do in fact receive the Food Network up there!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Well, in short you are technically right. In roughly 95% of the movies featuring Aliens, they're always trying to enslave us and take our resorces in a most hostile way. I believe the Entertainment medium perpetuates the notion Aliens are ambivalent towards Earthlings.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

There was a similar thread that was started last week, I think. Here is the link.

Yep, and my answer is still the same as it was on that thread...

MOD NOTE: Please lock this thread....

new topics

top topics

join