It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck plows into cars in Limburg Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Stolen truck rams into cars in Limburg, Germany

More than a dozen people were injured after a stolen truck slammed into cars in the German city of Limburg. Police have detained the driver and are "not ruling out" any motives.

MSN article

Truck rammed eight cars that were stopped for a traffic light, near the Limburg train station. Initial reports indicate up to 16 people injured (note: other reports state 9 injured).

Cheers
edit on 8-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: expansion on number injured

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Culprit is from Syria, has no known ties to salafists and other islamistic extremists or was known himself as an islamistic person posing a threat to public safety. Has tried to seize trucks before.

Police is investigating and is regarding it as a "terroristic act" right now.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I am curious why you put terroristic act into brackets. It is terror if you sit at the traffic light and a truck begins to crush cars together behind you. When you realize that it is not a simple accident but pure intend.

Tag him and ship him back to his country. There he can drive trucks into ISIS, not the people who are willing to give him a new chance.

Slippery slope here, how do you keep those roaches from coming back? Idea: close the borders and identify everyone. No more waiving through the border. No double registrations to get the double amount of money.

I am sick of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
They should ban all guns!

(Guns are banned in the EU, so this is sarcastic. An idiot who wants to kill people does not need a gun, it will find a way. Ideology and mental health is something to look at to stop the killing of innocent people)

The scary thing is that most of the media in the EU will only say he was a ‘radical’, not the part that he was muslim.
edit on 8-10-2019 by Goedhardt because: Pineapplesoup

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

(Guns are banned in the EU, so this is sarcastic.

1) Guns are not banned in the EU.
2) Germany has plenty of guns.

Go figure. Please do not try to make this into a gun issue when it is not. I know some of you think we do not have electricity in Germany because you can not see landlines.

Do not believe every crap.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

Plenty of guns in the UK too. Around 2 million licensed fire arms.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"Terroristic attack" because there is nothing known about his motives, yet. Just speculations, as usual.

Thank you for not starring my neutral infos, btw.
And no thanks for your rascism, which is unneeded and inappropriate.

From my source:

What we know

- The deed: A man steals a truck on Monday and drives in the afternoon in the center of Limburg on eight cars and pushes them into each other. Nine people are easily injured, including the driver. The "Frankfurter Neue Presse" had quoted the actual driver of the truck in the evening: "A man pulled me out of my truck." When he waited in front of a red light, the stranger had torn open the driver's door of the truck and stared at him with wide-open eyes, the driver said. "What do you want from me?", He had asked the man. "But he did not say a word, I asked him again, then he dragged me out of the truck," the report says.
- The alleged perpetrator: As the German Press Agency (dpa) learned from security circles, the man is a 32-year-old Syrian, who lives in Germany since November 2015 and 2016 has received a subsidiary, so limited protection status. According to dpa information, he has so far been noticed with drug offenses and violent crime. The authorities are not yet aware of possible contacts with Islamists. According to the authorities, the detainee had no contact with militant Salafists or other extremists. The Syrian born in 1987 is said to have made no statement so far.
- The search: After the incident, an apartment in Langen, southern Hesse, was searched during the night of Tuesday. This is in connection with the events in Limburg, said a police spokeswoman in Offenbach. She did not name further details. Previously, the "Offenbach Post" reported about it. According to the spokeswoman for the operation in Langen, a special task force (SEK) was involved.
- The investigation: It was too early for water level reports, said Alexander Badle of the Attorney General Frankfurt on Tuesday, after the ZDF and the "Bild" newspaper had reported that the authorities were investigating suspected terrorism. The prosecutor Frankfurt determine in the case - in all directions, it said. Further information is expected to be announced during the day. The Federal Prosecutor's Office does not see the case at this time in their jurisdiction. That said a spokesman for the Karlsruhe authority on Tuesday on request. One has the events but in view and in close contact with the Hessian law enforcement agencies. The Federal Prosecutor's Office is responsible for investigations into suspected terrorism.
- The injured: The police have corrected earlier information on the injured. The evaluation of the data of all rescue services have shown that nine people were easily injured, said a police spokesman in Wiesbaden on Tuesday morning. One of them is the driver. First, the police had spoken of 17 injured, including one person "in critical condition".

What we do not know

- The motive: That is still completely unclear. There are no indications for a terrorist motive, but it can not be ruled out, according to the authorities. As the Federal Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said in Luxembourg on the sidelines of the meeting of EU interior ministers on the question of possible evidence of a terrorist attack: "There is determined and I can not tell you at the moment, how to qualify this act."
- The culprit: According to the "Bild" newspaper, he has already tried several times to hijack a truck. Also the ARD terrore expert Holger Schmidt reports this according to "Hessenschau". Officially there is no confirmation. In addition, the newspaper writes that the suspect had looked dazed when he got out of the truck - as if he had been drugged. Again, there is no official confirmation.

Source, translated via google.translate, bc I am lazy.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Thank you for not starring my neutral infos, btw.
And no thanks for your rascism, which is unneeded and inappropriate.

First, I cringe about you complaining I did not give a star to you.
Second, that racism card gets old. I dare you, point out my racism.

Third, I make this extremely short for you:

That guy sat into the truck and thought it is a good idea to crash it into waiting cars at a traffic stop. What motive is there if not to hurt, kill and thus terrorize people into fearing for their lives?

I could care less if he is white, brown, black, yellow or any kind of color, shape or heritage. He is a person that came to us seeking for help and this is what we get in return.

ZERO tolerance about this, regardless the race or heritage.

Please tell my new neighbor, he is from North Africa, came here a few years ago, that I am a racist. He would laugh at you. I mean, really hearty laugh at you. We helped each other out a couple of times now. I think he thinks I am a total racist white supremacy ideologist.

Sorry, I do not fit your stereotype.
edit on 8-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I know some of you think we do not have electricity in Germany because you can not see landlines.

Oleandra88, heh, once I attended a briefing in which a person whose vehicles needed the use of high pressure water was confused because they "could not locate the fire hydrants" in Germany. I explained to him what the little signs were and how to find the water ...

It is painful seeing this kind of senseless violence in Europe. I remember the continent from decades ago, and everything was very calm apart from some demonstrations that were usually orderly (well, France a bit different).

Heute, ein Herz für Limburg.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Haha yes we do not have these open fire hydrants often. Most of the time they are hidden out of sight until they are needed.

Some will deploy automatic from underground, others need to be pulled up or they are the ram in types. I watched them doing maintenance. It takes seconds and you already see the hose inflating from pressure down the street when the end is not even connected to the truck yet.

Those men know what they do

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

(Guns are banned in the EU, so this is sarcastic. An idiot who wants to kill people does not need a gun, it will find a way. Ideology and mental health is something to look at to stop the killing of innocent people)

The scary thing is that most of the media in the EU will only say he was a ‘radical’, not the part that he was muslim.

Ban cars, that way you can drive your gun to work.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I will just buy a tank then = rolling gun. My commute will be a bit longer, louder and dirtier but hey no one screws me over that parking space then.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Tanks go pretty fast these days.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I would not use the streets, obviously I would drive through some refugee homes on my way, according to a man from Europe.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Wouldn't be terrorism if it were a white purp, "a mass truck attack" like in the case of domestic terrorism carried out by a white mentalists are called"mass shootings"
edit on 8-10-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

For me the intend counts, not the race or skin color or politic affiliation.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

There are radicals of all religions.. Christians are killing muslims in Asia as we speak..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Go figure. Please do not try to make this into a gun issue when it is not. I know some of you think we do not have electricity in Germany because you can not see landlines.

Americans *sigh*

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

Americans *sigh*

The comment you replied to was an exchange between a member from the Netherlands and Germany.

But I am an American, so you have that going for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988
Nah, the problem is reading comprehension and a ignorant view on the world, not any kind of heritage. I have met dumber Germans than Americans yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join