It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK civil war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Seeing this:
got me thinking, can it get more messy than it is right now? Britain seems split in two, leave or remain, one side will lose in the next few months, but what happens then?
The media are reporting that there are calls for mass civil disobedience but about leavers who will feel cheated if we stay in the EU.
I hope and pray cool heads will prevail but right now with the crazy politics we have going on, nothing would surprise me.
😕

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

I blame the forced pressure from globalists supplanted within the media, entertainment and establishment government

They have used propaganda to work on peoples sympathies and basic human decency in order to derive an open globe for the 1% to pillage at leisure. All the while pushing massive machiavellian divides amongst the peoples of every nation to mask their greed and power machinations.

Britain and the US are suffering much the same imo, heck all of Europe too.
edit on 31-8-2019 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A collective howl from the Waitrose shopping set "whaaa, whaaa, we are superior, we refuse to accept losing, don't disturb my comfy life, whaa".

They are best just laughed at then ignored.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Didn’t look like many people?
Is it that serious?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

These lot are so hypocritical, its unbelievable. They March to shut down free speech and democracy, then March again to uphold democracy!

The strange thing is they don't even recognise their own hypocricy!

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Is it that serious?

Doesn't look like a big ice berg.. we won't sink..

Brexit or globalismn. I choose freedom..

ie Brexit.
edit on 31-8-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There won't be a civil war, most are scared of a little rain.

Behold what a bunch of sore losers look like.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For any Britons who recall the 1970s --

How does the tension compare to then? I've heard there was a lot of tension back then, Scargill, Thatcher, and all that.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Is it that serious?

Doesn't look like a big ice berg.. we won't sink..

Brexit or globalismn. I choose freedom..

ie Brexit.

Typical. You say you are in favour of freedom, yet you are in favour of Brexit, which in effect will toss your ass back in to the greedy hands of borderline dictators like Johnson. Sure.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Oh, I see so you prefer a UN/EU un representative governance?

Brilliant, we overcame that in the West a couple hundred years ago

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Frankly, I think it's going to fizzle out. These people only protest at weekends. They believe in verbal violence rather than physical violence. If Brexit is carried through and becomes irrevocable, then protest will lose its point.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies 😍
Has anyone seen this, I know different reasons but tensions seem to rising, roll on winter, we only riot when its warm 😂

Riot police, mounted officers, a helicopter and dog units were called in following an Irish Unity march and counter protest in Glasgow
www.bbc.co.uk... 😟

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
In the 70's, there was fear of social breakdown rather than actual breakdown. Thanks to the fact that nobody could control strikes, the papers were saying "the country has become ungovernable". There was a notorious case of a newspaper proprietor trying to get a coup going (the intended figurehead turned down the offer). Maggie Thatcher, then only party leader, showed television cameras the food cupboard she kept stocked for social breakdown emergencies, and many people were thinking in those terms. But it stayed at the tension level.
Having said that, look up "the Winter of Discontent"(1979). There was a definite sense of emergency when everybody in service industries seemed to be striking at once. Jim Callaghan, as Prime Minister, came back from a conference in the Caribbean and tried to make soothing noises, which one paper helpfully paraphrased as "Crisis? What crisis?" That was why Maggie won the election which was held a couple of months later.

Violence in the slightly later Thatcher/Scargill era was mainly striking miners aganist poilce, and individual hostilty against "blacklegs".

edit on 31-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow
Thanks for the replies 😍
Has anyone seen this, I know different reasons but tensions seem to rising, roll on winter, we only riot when its warm 😂

Riot police, mounted officers, a helicopter and dog units were called in following an Irish Unity march and counter protest in Glasgow
www.bbc.co.uk... 😟

Dogs, helicopters, mounted police and sectarian violence. Sounds like football in the 80s.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks Disraeli. I appreciate the history lesson.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Elections have consequences.
edit on 31-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I love your informative posts, you are like a politics for dummys book, thank you! 👍😀

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Can somebody explain to me why they keep chanting "stop the coup" please? Surely it is they that are trying to create a 'coup' by trying to stop democratic process?

Also had to laugh at the last bit of clip in the OP with the woman singing the Welsh National anthem....Wales voted by a huge majority to leave!!!

Crowds were huge weren't they.....NOT!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup

Dogs, helicopters, mounted police and sectarian violence. Sounds like football in the 80s.

That's the only time you would see some serious kind of civil unrest in this country, if their beloved football was to be taken away.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cropper

Or dole checks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join