It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - Illegal Aliens Can No Longer Use Chronic-Illness as a Reason to Stay In America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No he could not afford the $135,000 in today's money his education would cost, so he went into the military. Ah yes you make wild accusations and I can't prove you a fool for making them. It cost over $40k in the 70s for his education.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust

Can you tell me the percentage of people affected by this rule change who are people that actually snuck into the USA illegally?

Can you? What percent came here legally on a permanent visa?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
An ‘immigrant’ is, by definition, an American Citizen

‘Immigrants’ are not affected at all

ILLEGAL immigrants are. They can no longer say “you can’t deport me because I’m sick”.

Which is a GOOD thing. There is no negative here.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Can you? What percent came here legally on a permanent visa?

Permanent visa? Now you're moving t the goal posts, from people overstaying they visas to people who snuck in.

Every single case being documented by the media, right now, is about people who came in legally, with a legal visa. Not one case involved someone who snuck across the border, illegally.

But to be fair, which is a courtesy I'm not sure you deserve, lawyers are shielding their most vulnerable victims.

There is no justification for this cruel move by Trump's administration, other than a dietary supply of red meat bait to throw at Trump's base during this election period.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: Pyle

Just my take on this. If they'd come to our country legally they wouldn't have any problems.

They did come legally under a medical deferral visa. Trump and his bootlickers at ICE and Immigration just can't stand the thought of a brown child getting to live. That is why the aeromed company I control will no longer provide aeromadical transport to any member of ICE or USCIS. We will leave them bleeding and convulsing on the tarmac. If they want an effing war, hey've got it. We will give them 33 days to join our preferred patient group. Of course we might then refuse transpo because of a preexisting condition.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Now it’s suddenly “brown people”

Are all leftists racist, or just the majority of them?

“Illegal” immigrant most definitely does NOT mean ‘brown people’, not by ANYBODY’s definition.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Once you overstay you are illegal. That makes them illegals. It's a common tactic to get a tourist visa with the intent to overstay.

They are not any less illegal because they intentionally lied to get in. They are not any less illegal for any reason at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So, if you want to prove something is a true statement you should quote something that says "The Trump administration is denying green card renewal to anyone using social services or public funds"

That doesn't actually say "anyone using social services or public funds" or anything so absolute does it?

which makes your absolute statement false right?

Questions you avoided answering, possibly as a result of cognitive dissonance, lets try again:
Where does it say this ruling would only apply to children? Why should the American taxpayer be on the hook for foreigners?

What's wrong with their countries that they can't go there if they are sick?

Job stealing?

If she had a job then her work visa wouldn't have been rescinded would it?

So who told her that she had to go back to that same part of Brazil?

Brazil has some of the finest surgeons in the world and they work cheap. Did you think critically about that fact or did you just accept their insinuation that sending a someone whose temporary work visa expired back home is a death sentence for their child just because someone trying to avoid deportation made that claim?

edit on 29-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Gothmog

How can you be so excited about kicking kids with cancer out of the country, pretty much giving them a death sentence?

There must be tens of millions of non-Americans with terrible health problems that could be treated here. Are we obligated to treat them at U.S. taxpayer expense? No, we owe them nothing, whether they’re living in the USA illegally or in their own nations. We have tens of millions of our own people with problems and we’re $22 trillion in debt, with up to $200 billion in unfunded mandates coming due over the next 30 years. We simply can’t afford to take in foreigners with serious health problems and treat them on the public’s dime, not when so many of our own can’t afford their prescriptions and have to put off needed health care. Now if you want to donate to a foreign individual’s health care fund, more power to ya; that’s really nice of you. But don’t ask folks who struggle to make their mortgage payments and feed and clothe their families to pay for illegal aliens’ health care.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Once you overstay you are illegal.

Look, these people were legally on a deferment program, that was halted.

People aren't illegal, their actions are. Sometimes laws make innocent people guilty of crimes they never wanted to commit, sometimes mistakes or the unexpected happens. The punishment should fit the crime. Death is not an equitable punishment.

They are not any less illegal because they intentionally lied to get in.

Again, people aren't illegal.
What evidence to you have that people lying to get into the program is a norm, or even a statistical anomaly, when it come to medical derferrment?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They are illegal immigrants. Please show me what percent of these people came here legally and followed the terms of their visa.
edit on 29-8-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Job stealing?

If she had a job then her work visa wouldn't have been rescinded would it?

The woman in question didn't lose her work visa, she lost her legal status under the medical deferment action program, and was given less than 30 days to leave everything, including her job. She was employed, and legally qualified for Medicare, until August 7th, when Trump secretively cancelled the program.

So who told her that she had to go back to that same part of Brazil?

What other country has offered her an invitation?
God, I hope Canada does.

What's wrong with their countries that they can't go there if they are sick?

Enough that they were accepted into the program.

The Brazilian agency charged with protecting nearly a million indigenous people and their extensive reserves is barely functioning after a debilitating assault from a powerful group of conservative politicians and a cost-cutting government.

The concerted campaign against the National Indian Foundation, known as Funai, could endanger some of Brazil’s most vulnerable tribes – and compromise the country’s ability to meet international commitments on climate change, said indigenous leaders, campaigners and scientists.
……
The official compared the atmosphere at the agency to that during Brazil’s 1964-1985 military dictatorship, which regarded indigenous people as an impediment to progress. “You have to be careful what you say,” the official said. “Those who position themselves in the defense of indigenous people are strongly attacked.”
……
UN special rapporteurs on rights of indigenous peoples, human rights defenders and the environment also denounced the surge of killings. “The rights of indigenous peoples and environmental rights are under attack in Brazil,” Victoria Tauli Corpuz, John Knox, Michel Forst and José Eguiguren Praeli said in a statement in June

www.theguardian.com...

ndigenous Peoples in Brazil: The Guarani; a case for the UN www.culturalsurvival.org...

There's thing called "humanity" and this ideal we call "human rights". I'm sure these are foreign concepts to you. Sober up Funbobby!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There you ago again, moving the goal posts, desperately trying to justify and defend the unjustifiable and the indefensible. You're want to prove that America doesn't deal in mercy.

Please don't ever lecture me about prolife issues ever again. You've completely lost any moral high ground with your cavalier and callous inhumanity and your shallow, self entitled judgementalism.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No goalposts have moved at all. Your saying they have been changes nothing. If you have a visa valid for 6 months then on 6 months and 1 day you are now illegal, no different than crossing the border illegally.

There are people who break the terms of their visa in certain ways that I think are justifiable. For instance if you have a visa where you can not leave the country without parole and you go to Niagara Falls and go hiking in the woods and get lost and end up on the Canadian side by accident, I have sympathy for that.

If you come on a tourist visa where you can not work and is valid for 6 months, and you plan to overstay and take a job on day 1 you are breaking the terms of your visa and should be deported.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

They came on a tourist visa in August 2016 to visit Joaquim's grandparents, who are US citizens, and were visiting Franklin Park Zoo when Joaquim fell ill and was diagnosed with epilepsy, Shonell Norville said. Since then, Joaquim has had major problems. His lungs collapsed when he had a seizure, requiring doctors to perform a tracheotomy. He also developed an infection in his colon, requiring the removal of his large intestine and the use of a colostomy bag.

Joaquim currently receives regular care at Boston Medical Center and Boston Children's Hospital to control his seizures, and Shonell Norville said she fears for his life if he is sent back to Guyana, one of South America's poorest countries.

"I tell people, I feel like I'm signing my son's death warrant," she said, adding that she fought to stay in Boston "to save him — now, just to be pushed out. How do you comprehend that?"

www.bostonglobe.com... .html?event=event12

MAGA!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My first thought on this policy when I read it was "why are illegal immigrants getting medical care for free?" I mean, let's face it, I am a legal American citizen of the USA. I pay my taxes, I obey the laws, and I take care of myself... done that for almost 40 years now. My father did the same. His father did the same. His father did the same. And what happens when I need medical attention now that I am unemployed and unable to work?

I get massive medical bills I can't pay.

So yes, it irks me when I read about how people can simply waltz across the border, or even just get a VISA and then overstay it, and they get free medical care... which I wind up paying for in taxes, when I can't pay for my own!

Now, don't anyone get me wrong... I feel sorry for these kids especially who need care for serious problems. I really do. I just wish someone cared about me a tenth as much as they seem to care about somebody who broke the law to get here to take advantage of the system. One tenth! It's like expecting someone living in a travel trailer and eating vienna sausages and ramen noodles to feel sorry for the mutli-billionaire who just lost a few thousand in the stock market.

Why do I get this privilege of paying for the health problems of someone who isn't even supposed to be here? For years now I have heard about how much better socialized medicine in other, more "socially advanced" countries is to our medical system... and I was starting to believe it! But now I am supposed to believe that there are no other countries who have the medical technology to help out with this humanitarian crisis? What? I'll be bringing this little factoid up the next time I hear someone arguing for socialized medicine, especially if that person is posting angrily in this thread about these poor helpless people.

Someone has been lying to me, and I think I know who. Here's a little tip for those who haven't figured it out yet: Redneck don't like being lied to.

Now this is a new program, apparently rolled out quickly, so I figure that, like every other quickly-implemented program ***cough cough Obamacare cough cough*** it will smooth out as everyone involved catches up. ICE has already stated they will be looking at this on a case-by-case basis, so that tells me there will be exceptions where needed. That's a good thing. Will there be exceptions in every case? Probably not. Is that a good thing? Nope. But it is a real thing. We are not the saviors of the planet. Last time I checked, there were something along the line of 5 billion people on this planet, and a little over 300 million in the US. That's 6% or so of the global population. If someone is upset about this program ending, how about you go travel to other countries and see if you can get them to help out?

Or is it easier to just hate Trump?

MAGA!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

How many hundreds of millions of people need medical care world wide? So only those who can lie on their visa application to get into the country get the care?

You seem to suggest every chronically sick person in the world has the right to be in America on the American tax dollar. If you are not suggesting everyone does, what criteria are you using to determine who we need to let in to treat forever and who you won't let in?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes, that is very sad, but why should I have to pay for it?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yes, that is very sad, but why should I have to pay for it?

And who determines who with chronic illness we pay for? Sookie seems to think everyone who needs it should get it. 95% of the world has health problems. How many billions of people do we need to pay for? Who is footing the 1000 trillion a year bill?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My first thought on this policy when I read it was "why are illegal immigrants getting medical care for free?"

Most of people who qualify for the medical deferment program came here legally. It's a legal immigration program. I am unaware of any cases of undocumented aliens qualifying for the program. There may be, but we're not hearing about them.

An official from the Dana Farber Cancer Institute also spoke out against the new policy at a news conference Monday at the Irish International Immigrant Center in Boston.
“Patients who are protected by medical deferred action are doing it out of desperation,” Kimball said. “It’s a tenuous legal status. It’s one that’s hard to get and, in my experience, not easily given.”

www.bostonglobe.com... .html?event=event12

Now this is a new program, apparently rolled out quickly,

No it's not. It's been in play for decades.

The new policy is reportedly a major departure from long-standing legal practice; for decades, the federal government has used it to exercise discretion where a little humanity is warranted, like when a child is critically ill and will die if ordered to leave the country.

blogforarizona.net...

ICE has already stated they will be looking at this on a case-by-case basis, so that tells me there will be exceptions where needed.

Sorry, no. Ice has stated that they have no policy on place to handle this, and the Trump administration issued a statement that the program will only apply to military families and federal actors like ambassadors and diplomats, their staff, etc.

But the enforcement agency wasn't aware of the policy change until reports surfaced in the press, according to an ICE official. The agency doesn't have a process to accept the medical deferment applications that were previously reviewed by USCIS, the official said.

According to the apparent form letters, USCIS field offices “no longer consider deferred action requests, except those made according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) policies for certain military members, enlistees, and their families.”
In a statement, Marilu Cabrera, a public affairs officer with USCIS, confirmed that field offices will no longer consider non-military requests for deferred action and instead, will direct resources to administering "our nation's lawful immigration system."

www.wbur.org...

edit on 29-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join