It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - Illegal Aliens Can No Longer Use Chronic-Illness as a Reason to Stay In America.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Since some came here illegally it can't be a legal immigration program. As I have said, coming here legally is meaningless. The moment you overstay or do not abide by the terms of the visa you are illegal.

Billions of people in the world have health problems. Which of those billions do you suggest we let in under a medical program to save their lives?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Most of people who qualify for the medical deferment program came here legally. It's a legal immigration program. I am unaware of any cases of undocumented aliens qualifying for the program. There may be, but we're not hearing about them.

Coming here legally does not mean one can stay here indefinitely legally. This is a policy change to USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). These are illegal aliens.

www.bostonglobe.com... .html?event=event12

You want to see a hard and tenuous process? Try qualifying for Disability as an American. I have talked to others who lost their homes and became homeless before they could get through all the red tape. I only hope that won't be my fate.

Do you care? No. Why? My skin is the wrong color.

Sorry, no. Ice has stated that they have no policy on place to handle this, and the Trump administration issued a statement that the program will only apply to military families and federal actors like ambassadors and diplomats, their staff, etc.

Sorry, yes. From ABC News:

"ICE reviews each case on its own merits and exercises appropriate discretion after reviewing all the facts of each case," an ICE spokesperson said in a statement.

This is a developing story. The only real solid facts we have right now are that illegal aliens are receiving free medical treatment in US hospitals, and responsibility for deferment of deportation due to medical reasons has been transferred from USCIS to ICE. The rest is somewhat contradictory, which is unfortunately normal for any major policy change.

No it's not. It's been in play for decades.

So you're saying Trump made this change decades ago?

The excerpt you just posted says otherwise... that this is a new change.

Sorry, no. Ice has stated that they have no policy on place to handle this, and the Trump administration issued a statement that the program will only apply to military families and federal actors like ambassadors and diplomats, their staff, etc.

Sorry, yes. From ABC News:

"ICE reviews each case on its own merits and exercises appropriate discretion after reviewing all the facts of each case," an ICE spokesperson said in a statement.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Trump has been doing the opposite of that, he has been giving foreigners all sorts of justice.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

If she is employed legally then she has a work visa and does not require a medical deferment to stay here.

" So who told her that she had to go back to that same part of Brazil?

What other country has offered her an invitation? "

How is your question a logical response to mine? Brazil is a big country, her claim is that in the part she is from there are no surgeons, in other parts of Brazil are some great surgeons, did you really think that in all of Brazil, a destination for medical tourists, that there are no surgeons?

There is no human right to come to America because you are sick, that's not a human right.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

If she is employed she should also have healthcare. So she is employed, has healthcare, why is she on a deferment program for medical assistance?

I keep asking Sookie how many of the BILLIONS of sick people world wide should be granted access to this program and what criteria would be used and who would be turned away. Sookie won't answer though other than to say it's a thing called humanity! Happy to have her token sick immigrant while millions die so she can feel good about herself.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My good sir you forget one critical fact: orange man bad.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

You mean the critical fact. Calling it one critical fact implies there could be other facts.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I stand corrected, I choose truth over facts.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Let's see, she was invited by a hospital because they needed her and her rare genetic defect for their research at age 7..
Because of her participation, they found a treatment...which she still needs to keep her alive.
Your tax money may have paid the university to do this research, but it sounds like her parent has paid for her healthcare.
She is now in her 20s, has been here legally through this program all these years. Has even been an active member of society despite her problems..
And, now, shes being told to leave, despite the fact that she wont live long without this care.

But, she wasn't snuck into this country. They never came in illegally. They were invited in because we needed a special, very rare Guinea pig.

Congratulations, I think yous just gave new meaning to the words cruel and inhumane!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Liberal outlets are habitually painting the worst picture possible with Immigration-related issues.

They ignore when Americans are murdered (intentionally or by accident) by Illegal Aliens.

You have to take what the NYTimes reports with more than a grain of salt.

NYT had Hillary at 98% chance of winning.

NYT hates President Trump.

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Of course, that doctor that I was listening to, her doctor, was just a hired actor, like the murdered sandy hook kids..

Everybody is lying, except the god king and his minions..

Got it!!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

IF this is true... as carewemust mentioned, it is the New York Times and that in itself is enough for me to personally question it... so IF it is true, I will agree that this is a miscarriage of justice. But as I mentioned above, I strongly suspect we are not getting the full story.

Just on a side note, if I had not spent the last three years listening to lies about Trump that were eventually either dropped or proven unsubstantiated, I would have a greater tendency to agree with you and be outraged myself... but after two scoops of ice cream, denial of improper surveillance, false FISA applications approved, shady characters supplying faked dossiers, even shadier characters claiming NDAs are illegal, calls for impeachment without any cause starting before the man even took office, racist this and racist that and white supremacist this and white supremacist that, deplorables, "run them out of town," Russian collusion, Putin's puppet, no wiretaps in Trump Tower, James Comey can't be fired, imminent recession, runaway inflation that never came, breaking laws that don't exist, ignoring laws by following them, fake tax allegations on Rachal Maddow, begging electors to change their votes, heck, somewhere there is likely a story about how Donald Trump is an alien and hatched from an egg... well, you'll forgive me if I don't jump to conclusions with you. I'm a bit worn out to participate in your aerobics class today.

I'll wait until more comes out on this. It sounds to me like Trump made a policy change that somehow got screwed up. If so, it'll get fixed. If not... well, I'll cross that bridge when I know it's really a bridge.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I do not believe anything the NYT posts since I have seen so much fake news from them. The program is not ending. People can still receive it. She may be one of the ones who should still be able to utilize it. The problem is Democrats have allowed so much abuse of the system for so long that it's possible people who should keep it will lose it.

If I tend my garden well and pick the weeds as they come there are no problems. If I do not tend my garden for 30 years when I finally go to weed it then it's likely I will end up killing some of the plants that should remain. That does not mean the garden should not be weeded.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So she is employed, has healthcare, why is she on a deferment program for medical assistance?

The deferment program allowed her to stay in the country while her son receives the medical treatment he needs. Her enrollment in the program allowed her to work. Her employment status made it so that she was eligible for Medicare, probably because her salary was so low, and/or she didn't have employer based insurance. In most cases, only full time, long term employees get health care.

I have no reason to believe that enrollment in the program automatically provides Medicare coverage. In the case of "Isabel", her care was completely paid for by private insurance, and yet she was given (less than) 33 days to leave the country.

So, clearly this isn't about tax dollars being spent on sick immigrants. There's nothing about being a "public charge" using public services meant for citizens in their expulsion letters.

It's about the cruelty.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Billions of people in the world have health problems. Which of those billions do you suggest we let in under a medical program to save their lives? What makes saying no to one person cruel and saying no to another person not cruel?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

If I tend my garden well and pick the weeds as they come there are no problems. If I do not tend my garden for 30 years when I finally go to weed it then it's likely I will end up killing some of the plants that should remain. That does not mean the garden should not be weeded.

I have no idea why you think this is an appropriate comparison. Again, Hitler would be so proud!

Billions of people in the world have health problems. Which of those billions do you suggest we let in under a medical program to save their lives?

What a cheap cop out!
As if this program is costing you a discernable penny.

Deflecting and asking stupid, rhetorical and hyperbolic questions, in order to defend the indefensible, doesn't make this cruel and inhumane move by the Trump administration any less inhumane.

America has become an embarrassment on the global stage.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Again, Hitler would be so proud!

Again with the rhetoric!

I swear, I have known a lot of people in my day, but never have I met anyone who is so obsessed with skin color and Hitler! Do you ever have anything of substance to add to a conversation?

The simple fact is that resources are finite. I'm sorry, but that is simple fact and is indisputable. Not everyone gets to have everything they want. Ideally, everyone would get what they need, but we haven't even figured out a way to accomplish that yet. Right now, today, people starved to death. Right now, today, people died from a lack of health care. Right now, today, people were killed by guns, more were killed by cars, and more than that died of natural causes. It is simply not possible to help everyone.

You are living in a country that does more to help others around the globe than any other country on earth. We send missionaries and humanitarian services to places most people have never heard of, for no other reason than to try and make people's lives a little better. No other country on earth comes close to accepting the immigrants we accept each year through legal means. That's people from all over the world of every skin color and nationality you can think of. And all you can do is sit there behind your screen furiously pecking out insults on that keyboard because we don't do more!

Here's a tip: you are not the reason people do these acts of charity in the first place. You want to help more people get medical care? Go pay for them! Let's see how many people's hospital bills you can cover before you run out of resources. You want to only help 'brown people'? Go for it! I consider it foolish, but it's your game when you're paying for it. Just remember, when you do run out of money, someone will be there for you, telling you how evil you are for not helping out more people. Fair is fair.

OccamsRazor04 made a very poignant comparison and asked a very pertinent question. With limited resources, who is to determine who gets medical attention and who doesn't? You seem to think that medical issues only exist within the United States of America. You're wrong. The only reason we're even talking about this is that people are tired of paying for freeloaders, and it only makes sense to point out that you are calling the most generous people on earth evil for not helping out everyone beyond their ability!

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously... here, right here, is the reason.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Have they charged any of those businesses that ice raided a week or two ago?

Just seems to me that you'd get rid of more weeds if you started prosecuting the businesses that are knowingly hiring the illagals than you would pulling sick kids out of children's hospitals.

But, contrary to what you want to imply, the Republicans probably wanted to take that cheap labor away from the businesses less than the dems did, which is why your garden is filled with weeds.

We have adults, college graduates, married with children, business owners, who were brought in as young children decades ago. Through those decades there have been times when both the Republicans and the dems have had strong majorities within our govt. Not to mention all those business owners who have been knowingly hiring illegals, which are just as likely to be Republican as they are Democrat. Decade upon decade, people and the govt turning a blind eye as illegals lived among them, worked beside them or for them....heck anyone who has managed to pull that off deserves to get squatters rights!!

But, of course, you claim that this is a problem created by the dems... and, you expect me to just take your word for it or maybe you might post a few links from fox or some conservative blogs... and we're supposed to believe them.. even if when we look at some of the previous articles on the site we find some of most insane stories that have circulated in years past.

Yes, I used that source, but it's not like it's the only source out there. There's numerous sources out there about this if one wishes to look.. yous just choose not to look, which makes any attempt at an honest discussion just too difficult and non-productive to waste my time on. And, it kind of seems like many others have come to the same conclusion and just stopped taking part in the discussions which leaves these boards open to just being a sounding board for scapegoating propaganda designed to foster hate and division.

Just keep in mind.... karma is a bitch and yous seem to be justifying a lot of crap that just isnt gonna come back in a positive way.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Have you ever noticed just how much notoriety a hospital gets when they operate to separate a pair of conjoined twins?
Or how much the drug that treats a rare genetic defect could be worth to not only the world, but to the lucky drug company that gets the rights to produce it?
One of the kids had to have his blood shipped into the states just to be tested for cystic fibrosis, and you think the country he is from is capable to treat it?
How does the saying go. To much is given, much is required?? Its something like that. We were given much after WW 2, leader of the free world, holder of the main currency used in trade. This position has presented us with quite a big advantage but it did come with responsibilities as well. We've been losing that position for awhile now and I admit, we might not be able to hold it. But if you want to "make America great again", holding it is kind of necessary? Which means taking those responsibilities that come along with it seriously. Lol... govt lawyers arguing in court that kids held in their custody dont need soap or toothbrushes and kicking sick kids out of our country to die is not showing the world we are responsible with the gift that has been given us any more than our banks spreading their toxic papers across the world did.. all it is doing is casting doubt about us.

It's a big garden, lots and lots of weeds throughout. And believe it or not, any herbalist will tell you that some weeds aren't really that bad. Our bearded dragon certainly doesnt thing all those dandelions are bad!! Just go weed another part of the garden and quit being so danged stupid!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

You can't even answer simple questions. You claim it's cruel to deny someone from another country medical treatment, but refuse to give it to people. You are cruel and inhumane by your own standard.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join