It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - Illegal Aliens Can No Longer Use Chronic-Illness as a Reason to Stay In America.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
These are the tough decisions a leader needs to Make in order to save money and resources.

While it was nice of Americans to host sick people and their families.

Is it economically possible?

This is a good example of a liberal Democrat continuing to throw money to a cause out of compassion rather then basic finance.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't care about notoriety, that doesn't trump Federal Law. When you don't tend your garden for 30 years you will have a lot more than dandelions growing in it, so that's a really stupid analogy. While pulling the bad weeds you are likely to pull some that would have been fine had you kept the garden tended. When you have so many people abusing the system then you are likely to have some who are not abusing it suffer when you put an end to the abuse. The fault lies with the group who allowed and encouraged the abuse to begin with, not with those putting a stop to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

But, contrary to what you want to imply, the Republicans probably wanted to take that cheap labor away from the businesses less than the dems did, which is why your garden is filled with weeds.

This is not about Republican vs. Democrat. As long as you maintain that binary approach, you will never be capable of understanding my posts. I am neither. I am an Independent.

I understand why you are confused. It must be terrible to realize that your party, which apparently occupies most of your waking hours, is the true evil in the country. Yes, Democrats did the things I listed in that post and caused me to not believe everything that comes out of their mouth. Some Republicans have done things similar in the past. It doesn't matter: if anyone lies time after time after time and continually makes every conceivable attempt to destroy their political opponents by any means necessary and the rest of the country be damned, their party affiliation is the last thing I am concerned about.

You want me to trust Democrats? Get them to stop lying.

But, of course, you claim that this is a problem created by the dems...

Where? Where did I claim that? I stated that I didn't fully believe the reports. I don't. I don't take the word of used car salesmen either.

I also stated this would be a miscarriage of justice if true. Did you miss that part?

There's numerous sources out there about this if one wishes to look.. yous just choose not to look, which makes any attempt at an honest discussion just too difficult and non-productive to waste my time on.

I actually did a Google search on the issue. I clicked on quite a few links, and every one had identical language to the one before it. That's not 'alternate sources'; it is repetition, which, sorry to say, does not imply truth.

And, it kind of seems like many others have come to the same conclusion and just stopped taking part in the discussions which leaves these boards open to just being a sounding board for scapegoating propaganda designed to foster hate and division.

Yes, you are probably correct there. What you fail to understand is why you are correct.

Have you ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf? There was a young boy who was tending sheep, and one day he got bored. So, on a lark, he cried out "Wolf! Wolf!" All the villagers rushed to his aid, ready and willing to protect him. The boy thought it was funny and it took away the boredom.

The next day, he got bored again, and once again, he cried "Wolf! Wolf!" Again, the villagers rushed to his aid, and again, there was no wolf, just a boy wanting some excitement.

The third day, the same thing happened.

The fourth day, an actual wolf showed up. Horrified, the boy cried "Wolf! Wolf!" But this time, the villagers ignored him, figuring it was just another attempt to get attention. The boy kept crying but he was ignored. That evening, when he didn't return from tending the sheep, the villagers went looking for him and found his remains.

You and those like you have been crying "Trump is bad! Trump is bad!" for over three years now. You are being ignored. It's not because Trump is good, but because you have worn out the drama. No one cares, because no one trusts you any more.

Just keep in mind.... karma is a bitch

I'm seeing that quite plainly, thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The discussion right here and now had everything to do with republican verses democrat.

You are about independent as my asshole is,when it wants to let loose it does and if youre in the way bad luck.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The group that allowed and encouraged it consisted of both Republicans and Democrats and in this instance the group that you claim is putting a stop to it is just being stupid..
They got more people in their detention centers now waiting to go through the process than they can handle now and they seem to have a problem when it some to addressing their health needs and they want to add a bunch of critically I'll kids to the mix..
Ya. Should do wonders for the perception the public has of ICE.
Just saying..

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The discussion right here and now had everything to do with republican verses democrat.

Oh, my bad. I thought it had to do with people being denied medical treatment.

How silly of me.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Maybe I got you and occum's posts confused...

As far as you choosing not to believe liberals, it kind of sounds similiar to why I look at conservative blogs and fox suspiciously. I've spent far too much time trying to track down where something is coming from just to find out that it's all pretty much based on suppositions, half facts, twisted facts, and non-facts.
And, it really does seem that the mainstream media got more right than they did wrong when it came to the russian meddling and trump ties. And at least when they make an obvious mistake, they will publicly correct the story..

Has alex Jones ever publicly apologized for putting the sandy hook families through hell, or did he just do that in the courtroom for his plea of insanity? Has Hillary died yet? Have they found the hidden basement under comet pizza yet? And, whatever happened to those thousand or whatever indictments against the deep state? And, more importantly, when are they gonna come to take my sons hunting rifle from him?
At least the liberal's wolves aren't pink polka dotted fuzzy bears dancing around some mental institution somewhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Maybe I got you and occum's posts confused...

Fair enough. I've been guilty of that before as well.

As far as you choosing not to believe liberals, it kind of sounds similiar to why I look at conservative blogs and fox suspiciously.

I don't remember saying I believed all conservatives either. It's just that for the last three years, the far left has jammed everything. I wish they'd stop and report news.

Has alex Jones ever publicly apologized for putting the sandy hook families through hell, or did he just do that in the courtroom for his plea of insanity?

Don't know; don't care. Jones is sometimes right, sometimes wrong, always drama.

Has Hillary died yet?

Demons don't die.

Have they found the hidden basement under comet pizza yet?

Yes, it contains all the secret communiques between Trump and Putin, right beside Trump's tax returns.

And, whatever happened to those thousand or whatever indictments against the deep state?

No idea, but the recent report by the DoJ IG was interesting.

And, more importantly, when are they gonna come to take my sons hunting rifle from him?

Right after Kamala Harris becomes President. She promised.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

And trump promised Mexico would pay for his wall...
Lol.. making promises is much easier than making something a reality.
I haven't read that report. From the quotes I heard from it well... Comey was the top person in the fbi..

Kind of like how trump is the top person in the executive branch..

Comey didnt break any laws, but he didnt follow established rules and proceedures.

Trump does this a lot, doesnt he??
You can say that hes the president and can do whatever he likes, ignore whatever rules and procedures he wants, change them if he wants but I think the same could be said of the head of the fbi... hes the one who decides how the FBI is run, as long as it stays within the confines of the law.

And, there is a valid concern that a leader that breaks the rules and procedures will lead those under then to start thinking that those rules are just suggestions that weather you follow or not is up to your own description.
Which is true weather you are the head of the FBI or the president.

In other words the same thing could be said about trump.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Not a very apt comparison. Trump may have promised Mexico will pay for the wall, but they still may... just not by check. Harris promised to confiscate firearms by Executive Order if necessary, a direct violation of the US Constitution and dangerous experiment in social justice.

Comey was found to have violated about every rule in the FBI. He could have been sentenced on a minor violation; Flynn was. He purposely stole FBI documents, leaked FBI information to the press, using a go-between, lied to the US Congress on multiple occasions, and actively participated in attempts to discredit a sitting US President. There are more reports coming out, and I do believe these may bring actual serious legal challenges. Signing off falsely on a FISA warrant is a pretty big deal calling for hard time.

Trump got two scoops of ice cream.

This is what I was complaining about earlier. Every move Trump has done, legal, illegal, proper, improper, wise, foolish, it doesn't matter because it will be twisted into some horrible crime against humanity. But let a Democrat leader do worse, and all is immediately forgiven. For three years, we have seen ATS bombarded with the most ludicrous, inane, sensationalized falsehoods about Trump that can be imagined, and for the same three years we have seen Democrat actors given a free ride. We're not even talking about Democrat/Republican any more... we are now relegated to trying to simply combat falsehoods against one man who is probably more Democrat than Republican in his heart.

So now you want to act surprised when a story pops up about yet another crime against humanity and everyone yawns? It's not everyone else's fault; it's the fault of those who continually made false and misleading accusations (and still do) destroying their own credibility.

At some point, this story will either be proven true or not. If not, it will die off for one of two reasons: either it was false/misleading to start with, or people will simply be so desensitized to the drama they won't care. If the latter, it is due to the former.

But please, keep crying "Wolf!" It's so much fun!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Is it economically possible?

We've been doing it since the 1970s, so yes, it's economically possible.

This isn't about money, it's about cruelty.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It is economically feasible for me to buy someone a drink. It is not economically feasible for me to buy a drink for everyone in the country.

There is a breaking point.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You can't even answer simple questions. You claim it's cruel to deny someone from another country medical treatment, but refuse to give it to people. You are cruel and inhumane by your own standard.

Liar!
You keep changing the subject, which is that the Trump administration gave 1000s of legal immigrant families, whose children are here receiving life saving treatment on a legal humanitarian deferment program, treatment that they couldn't get in their home countries, 33 days to leave the country.

They gave no public notice that they were cancelling the program, effective August 7th of this year. The sent the notices snail mail, so families received the letters a week, or more, after the date that starts the 33 day count down, actually giving them even less than 33 days.

Like I said in my very first post in this thread. I can see them thinning the program out, and not taking any new people. But the way they're doing it is inhumane, and causing great emotional harm to all involved, including the doctors, nurses, friends, co-workers, employers, landlords, neighbors, the public, and even the federal workers that are being forced to enforce this draconian edict, sending young people to their death, for obviously political purposes.

Like I said, this isn't about money, it's about cruelty.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Like you feel the pennies it's costing you! Like you'll feel any financial relief when these people have left the country, and the planet, thanks to Trump's thriftiness.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Not to mention I do believe there is a RULE that says any change to policies need to be made public and opened for public input for so many days before it goes into effect. Kind of sounds like they didnt even notify those within the govt that this policy would affect beforehand. Just, surprise! We're doing this now, better hurry up and figure out how you're gonna handle it!!
And, it's not the first time this administration has done this.
I kind of remember a whole lot of mess in the airports when he decided to restrict who came into the country without any warning.
Gee, maybe, just maybe, that is why that rule about having to notify the public beforehand was put into place... to avoid utter and unnecessary chaos and confusion.
edit on 31-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Gothmog

So then you're opposed to this move and the hurriedness with which it's being implemented?

Sorry , late to see your reply
What is "this move" ?
You mean the longstanding Federal Immigration laws that have been in place for a long time ?
Just not enforced ...
You are getting worse with your assuming .

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Republicans have certainly not done enough to stop it, but Democrats are the ones who encourage the abuse. I am glad you admit there is rampant abuse.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Scream liar all you want, you are a hypocrite and I exposed it. You claim it's cruel to deny someone from another country medical treatment, but refuse to give it to all the people who need it. You are cruel and inhumane by your own standard.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

??? Probably the biggest encouragement is the jobs that employers are so eager to give them!! And like I already pointed out, there is probably just as many dem employers as Republican ones

But I fail to see the abuse on the part of the immigrant when they are invited by a hospital to come here because they want to do research on their unique combination and find a cure for the critical health issues that result from that DNA, went through the proper channels to enter the country, and then filled for extensions and deferments that allowed them to stay. All of which was found acceptable by both Congress and the courts for decades.somewhere I saw a graph that showed the percentages of each classification of deferments. If i remember right, we are talking about 9 percent of deferments that fall into this category. It's not that high of a percentage. And I would venture to say it's more a case of desperation than it is them being abusive in any way.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If Democrat politicians create a situation where Democrat owned businesses can get cheap labor Republican owned businesses would need to follow suit to remain competitive. The blame goes to politicians for fighting to keep the illegal immigration problem going.

I absolutely do not give Republican politicians a pass, but Democrat politicians should own about 80% of the blame.

The abuse in question in this thread are the immigrants who come here illegally or file for a tourist visa and then simply overstay and abuse this program to keep staying. So many abuse the program that unfortunately those who did not will end up suffering. You should be pissed at the illegals abusing the system for creating this situation, and the politicians who have allowed it to continue.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join