It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - Illegal Aliens Can No Longer Use Chronic-Illness as a Reason to Stay In America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
August 29, 2019

People who come to America ILLEGALLY have been able to stay here indefinitely, if they came here chronically ill, with a chronically ill family member, or if one of them became chronically ill while "hiding out" within the U.S..

Apparently too many sick people are illegally entering the United States for taxpayer-funded medical care, knowing in advance that they will not be deported, as long as they remain chronically-ill.

Starting today, the Trump Administration is putting the brakes on that practice.

The Trump administration's Department of Homeland Security has started denying pleas by non-citizens who are trying to extend their time in the U.S. in order to treat severe medical conditions.

Letters issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and obtained by ABC News, tell people applying for medical relief that agency offices, "no longer consider deferred action requests."

The letters warn that if they don't leave the U.S. within 33 days, it could make them ineligible to return to the U.S.

"You are not authorized to remain in the United States," the USCIS field office in Boston wrote in one letter. "If you fail to depart the United States within 33 days of the date of this letter, USCIS may issue you a Notice to Appear and Commence removal proceedings against you with the immigration court."
From Anti-Trump/Liberal-Loving ABC News: abcnews.go.com...

This is apparently one of the "loop holes" that Congress refuses to address. President Trump understands that a Congress which is only in session 147 days @ year, will probably never tackle immigration reform.

America is very fortunate to have a President who tries his best to fulfill campaign promises without Congress's help, when necessary.

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/29/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, okay. But a lot of the people getting expulsion letters arrived here on VISAs, specifically for medical treatment, or have applied to, and have been accepted to the Medical Deferment Program.

I can understand trimming the program, or setting firmer rules. But, from what's being reported, the Medical Deferment Program is just being discontinued, leaving families with less that 3 weeks to leave the country with their kids on life support, or life saving treatment in tow.

The letters gave them 33 days, from the letter's date, to leave the country on their own, but most people didn't get the letter until more than a week, or two, after the letter's date.

There was no announcement, no warning. There's no way to appeal. The program is just over!

edit on 29-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Not everyone will be required to leave...

"ICE reviews each case on its own merits and exercises appropriate discretion after reviewing all the facts of each case," an ICE spokesperson said in a statement."

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

ICE doesn't have anything to do with the Medical Deferment Program, weren't briefed on the change, and don't have any protocol or policy in place to address the situation. According to the reports.

All this is just breaking news.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

USCIS, the agency in charge of legal immigration and processing visas, told ABC News that "this does not mean the end of deferred action" but rather that any requests must be submitted to a different agency, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is the department in charge of deportations.
abcnews.go.com...

Right. Breaking News. Additional clarity is likely forthcoming.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

So no warning ahead of time, notified well after the change happened, and now they have to go through ICE which did not know about the policy change nor have any staff/knowledge to deal with medical deferment requests.

Sounds like someone made a change to purposefully screw over people.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Just my take on this. If they'd come to our country legally they wouldn't have any problems.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You have to pass a health test to come to America. Can't pass, sayonara.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

That's what happens when Democrats allow people to abuse the system with impunity. This is why Democrats should actually want to engage in discussions and be willing to be reasonable. Instead they have worked their ass off to protect illegals abusing the system at the expense of actual Americans.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yeah, okay. But a lot of the people getting expulsion letters arrived here on VISAs, specifically for medical treatment, or have applied to, and have been accepted to the Medical Deferment Program.

I can understand trimming the program, or setting firmer rules. But, from what's being reported, the Medical Deferment Program is just being discontinued, leaving families with less that 3 weeks to leave the country with their kids on life support, or life saving treatment in tow.

The letters gave them 33 days, from the letter's date, to leave the country on their own, but most people didn't get the letter until more than a week, or two, after the letter's date.

There was no announcement, no warning. There's no way to appeal. The program is just over!

You bet
Done
Next

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

ICE doesn't have anything to do with the Medical Deferment Program, weren't briefed on the change, and don't have any protocol or policy in place to address the situation. According to the reports.

All this is just breaking news.

But , they have everything to do with enforcing Federal Immigration Laws.

edit on 8/29/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

How can you be so excited about kicking kids with cancer out of the country, pretty much giving them a death sentence?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How can you be so excited about kicking kids with cancer out of the country, pretty much giving them a death sentence?

Who is excited ?
Why ask a question out of pure ignorance ?
Were you feigning or serious ?
What do you have against laws ?
US laws ?
And , remember ICE will still be reviewing on a case by case basis.
I am sure ICE will follow guidelines on such that you stated .
No one with a permanent "tummy ache" should get to stay.
But , if you had read the OP , you would have already have known this.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Sometimes I have to .

edit on 8/29/19 by Gothmog because: forgot the quotes to denote faking

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Leviticus 27:19

I'm not sure how anyone can support Trump anymore.

edit on 29-8-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Your emoji would seem to indicate that you're a fan of this decision.

I would also be amazed if ICE is able to review any of these cases considering they don't have anything in place to do so and some of these people are days away from being deported.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Your emoji would seem to indicate that you're a fan of this decision.

I would also be amazed if ICE is able to review any of these cases considering they don't have anything in place to do so and some of these people are days away from being deported.

Show me one post of mine that didnt use the "devil"
And , you assume too much.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

So then you're opposed to this move and the hurriedness with which it's being implemented?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Leviticus 27:19

I'm not sure how anyone can support Trump anymore.

So Democrats should be cursed for withholding justice and allowing illegals to continue to break the law. I agree.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So then you're opposed to this move and the hurriedness with which it's being implemented?

what if we are? does that change anything?

What about all the people living here in this country legally who do thing right? What about the one's who don't go to the doctor because they can't afford it? What about the one's who have insurance, but can't afford to use it due to huge co-pays?

Or do you only care about illegal sick folk?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There doesnt seem to be that much compassion or sympathy coming from the right for them either...

No one is completely free of the risk of a hard fall to rock bottom. Those who cant find compassion or sympathy for a child so sick that he would die without medical care shouldn't expect it when their hard fall leaves them dangling off the edge of a cliff.

There is no reason to believe that any of these people came into the country illegally. Many could have came in on visas and went through the legal process to be on this deferment process.

And I wouldn't rank cystic fibrosis, cancer, and rare genetic disorders on the level as a mild stomach ache. Some of these kids will die quite quickly without the medical care they are getting.

And ice has already made a statement and kicked this one out of their arena. They have no intention of processing these requests. And, just what do you propose they do, pull the tubes that are keeping some of these kids alive and haul the off to one of their detainment centers where they will have to deal with providing them with the medical care?

Just one question. Has trumpity dump deported all those illegal aliens that are such great gardeners and landscape artists he just can do without them at one of his golf resorts? I suggest he looks at his own properties before he goes hunting in our children's hospitals!
In the meantime, I will pray that canada and European countries will open their hearts to these people and extend a hand to them..

And, this guy is the "chosen one", the king of kings, the "second coming of god" ....
NOT MY GOD!!!

edit on 29-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join