It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Lysergic

fat thor was the tits!

Literally had the nicest set of tits in the entire MCU!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Can't wait for the new male Wonder Woman , that movie will be deep and meaningful.

Hollywood has been dying for a while , this reversing of roles is just a desperate but feeble attempt to stem the decline and breath new life into a hopelessly lost industry.

Ms Jenner would be perfect for that role......

A hopeless lost industry that made only 18 BILLION. They are hurting so badly.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Literally had the nicest set of tits in the entire MCU!

unfortunately, this may answer the lack of a son........
perhaps you are different?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Erm, I'm confused by the comics......as the Nordic female goddess of war is Fryeja.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My issue with female Thor, and this extends to the comics, is that it's absurd. Thor is a name, not an effing title. Wielding the hammer does not make one Thor.

For the same reason I have no issue with a female 007 as long as they aren't named James Bond. 007 is a designation, a title, a thing that can and does change from one person to another.

I don't hate a female wielding the hammer, I just find the idea of her calling herself Thor absurd unless it's literally Thor and he now she went and had a sex change opperation or was magically sex changed in some way.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
Jesus christ you people piss and moan about everything!

Read the story from the comic as to why she becomes a female Thor, it's pretty damn good!

Don't like it, don't watch it, simple as that!

...Or stay rolled up in your little blanky and cry!

Lol.

No it wasn't "pretty damn good". It was one of the worst storylines ever conceived and resulted in absolutely horrendous sales and was ripped apart by literally everyone, from critics to fans.

Its widely acknowledged to be an absolutely horrible storyline. By everyone.

The fact that they are running with this idiocy even thought the comics version was an utter disaster proves without a doubt that this is ALL about identity politics and SJW idiocy. In a sane world no one takes one of the worst selling and least popular storylines in recent memory and shoehornes it into the movies.

Also Thor is a name not a title. Goddess of Thunder? Whatever, still stupid but is somewhat more sensical.

Nobody can become Thor as Thor is a person not a title.

That's like saying "hey heres this new character that's going to be Iron Man, but she is also Tony Stark".

See how idiotic that is?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I really think some of the people who complain about this kind of stuff are not the same people who know about the source material. I think we see this in quit a lot of Fandoms where you have a group of fans who might watch the movies, might even have picked up a comic book or two in their time then you have this other group who consume all or most of the media. Star Wars, you get the fans who complain about things then you get the fans who read all of it and look for answers in it, in fact years ago Marvel used to have a section where they would offer up awards to fans for doing just this. Harry Potter its the same, some fans who watch the movies others who read the books 12 times over, go to the play, visit the attractions and so on.

I think this is another good example of this, Thor has been a Lady since 2014/5, from the All-New-All-Different-Marvel where Wolverine is the female X-23, Captain America is a black guy, we have Spider-Woman and a whole load of other mash ups. The comics do this all the time, and have been doing it for years where they switch up their characters. The writers literally just say, what if we make Hulk a woman...SHE HULK!!!! It's just part of how comics are and the movies are reflecting the source material.

Asgauridans of the Galaxy! bring it on.

Thor Love and Thunder directed by Taika Waititi mixing it up with Jane Foster as Thor that, I like the sound of. We last saw Thor as a fat guy riddled with anxiety, and it worked so if they want to mess around a bit and give Jane Foster the hammer then am open to that lets see how it works out. With the team behind it am confident that they will do a good job and am not going to start hating on it because of politics.

My only wish is that they keep Korg in this movie.

You couldn't be more wrong.

It's the dyed in the wool comic/Thor fans that detest this and the casual Normies that are "womyn Thir is awesome hurry durr".

The womyn Thor storyline is garbage and the vast majority of people that read the comics absolutely hate it.

And you are a perfect illustration of this.

Someone that doesn't read the comics but "loves" this direction that they are going.
edit on 22-7-2019 by JohnS23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

My issue with female Thor, and this extends to the comics, is that it's absurd. Thor is a name, not an effing title. Wielding the hammer does not make one Thor.

She will still be Jane its just that she takes on the powers of Thor when she wields Mjolnir, she does not literally become Thor. Its not like the makers are give Thor a sex change and saying this lady is now Thor rather its that she has the ability to wield Mjolnir and has his powers.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnS23

To be clear though, that is a matter of opinion, again in this thread I find myself having to remind a member that their own personal opinion of view on what the fandom as a whole think does not constitute a fact.

Am not saying your wrong because its your personal opinion subject entirely to your personal feelings and interpretation on the comic.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Being a hulk is a physical state of being. Bruce Banner is a man. She hulk is a woman who is a hulk, she does not go by Bruce Banner. Wolverine is a hero name adopted by Logan, the name which is in this case a hero title was passed on to his daughter.

Thor is the name little baby Thor was given by his momma and papa when he was born wiggling and squirming. God of Thunder is his title.

This is the difference that so many find absurd and stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

She calls herself #ing Thor. God of Thunder is his title Thor is his name. It's a really simple concept why people call this absurd.

It's like someone taking the ironman suit and instead of calling themself Iron Man or some other title, just go around calling themself Tony Stark. It's stupid on all levels.

She should be Jane God of Thunder then. Not Lady Thor or Thor...

Well ok if she were his wife then she could go by Lady Thor... that is a traditional naming convention many women used to use...
edit on 7/22/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism !

Wow... I'm seeing a pattern emerge here. Someone really has a problem with strong and powerful women. Especially those with blades.

Not even an effort to come up with a pseudo-intellectual reason why Thor cannot or should not be female. I could make a better argument! She can apparently wield the sword just fine.... so this is just "woman bad!"

But apparently someone decided that a female Thor will sell tickets at the box office. That's the bottom line.

1) you dont have to hate strong female characters to hate this idiocy. Storm, Rogue, Sue Storm and Jean Grey are some of my all time favorite characters, and they are some of the most powerful in Marvel. Female Thor is idiotic.

2) You want a good reason why female Thor is stupid? How about the fact that Thor is a person and Male. It isnt a title its HIS name.

Goddess of Thunder is still dumb but makes a bit more sense. How's that for you?

3) one of the worst received and abysmal selling storylines in recent times does not lead one to believe that it will be a good and profitable move for the movies. This is pure 100% identity politics.

Add in the fact that half the characters in the Eternals movie has been race/gender swapped and it's quite clear that Marvel/Disney is pushing full steam ahead with the appease 15% of the population narrative.

Storm should be changed to an Indian-African.

Blade should be swapped to a Latino woman.

Make Nick Fury white again like he was for 90%of his history and so on.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Something about "he who is worthy" or something to that effect.....

seems in the upcomming story thor is not worthy and jane is......
no so difficult a concept....

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

She doesn't call herself Thor though....

or at least we don't know yet what they will call her in the movie yet some folk on this thread are losing their # over it.

Its like the James Bond thing all over again, no she's not playing bond she is playing 007, its different.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thor is the name little baby Thor was given by his momma and papa when he was born wiggling and squirming. God of Thunder is his title.

But in the comics and MCU Odin gives Mjolnir the inscription "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor".

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

really....

3) one of the worst received and abysmal selling storylines in recent times does not lead one to believe that it will be a good and profitable move for the movies. This is pure 100% identity politics.

you really went there.....
as if there weren't such a thing as google.....
go sell your easily debunked lies elsewhere....
www.comichron.com...
thor(the lady) was #6 in units moved
ultimate sin(the story of lady thor) was #7 in units moved

beating batman, spiderman, superman, avengers, and numerous others......

go get your f'n shinebox

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not often I give you credit on a thread but credit where credit is due on that last post buddy.

I am starting to think that if me and you only talked about Comics, whisky and breasts we might actually get along just fine!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No it's not. I have zero issue with the 007 thing. Even in the comics she called herself Thor like it was a title. Someone linked a frame earlier.

Is completely different. A lot of people like myself aren't bothered by a strong female weilding the hammer. # the idea is awesome, Norse culture is filled with tons of badass women, historically and in their pantheon. I literally love that about Norse mythology. Hell I have a dwarf viking chick in d&d that's a Skald and a badass warrior women.

It's the lady Thor crap plain and simple that's the problem. It's dumb and causes cognitive dissonance.
edit on 7/22/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Even in the comics she called herself Thor like it was a title.

No she called herself Thordis
edit on 22-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

IMO it was very good!Stoked for the movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join