It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well now I didn't picture you as a fellow comic nerd.
Who knew?

I actually have a pretty sizeable collection but most of it is consists of Star Wars comics however I do tend to read a lot of marvel stuff digitally and loads of batman too, usually before a big movie comes out I like to get a look at the source material and stuff like that so it tends to grow arms and legs and before you know it you've read most of civil war, most of the cosmic stuff and it just builds form there. I don't honestly read as much of them as I used to but I do still head down to my local comic book shop every week to pick up my whatever been sitting in my pull list.

Am pretty sure this is going to be taken from the Original sin arch witch am pretty sure I read years ago so should still have it on my comixology but I will need to check, probably won't read it though until closer to the release.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well this argument is going nowhere.

I suppose the box office numbers will reveal what people truly think.
Star wars sure did.
We shall see.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yeah, the whole Idea that we needed a Female Thor does seem crazy. I suppose Zeus will now be female too. I suppose all Female goddesses will be required to stay female though.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I get what you are saying on source material but not many know all those back stories. When it is attempted in the movies all that gets lost in translation. As a retired Soldier from TX it didn't sit well with me since I won't be going back and reading hundreds of comics before the movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I took my son for his first visit to a comic shop just this past weekend.
We left with some "what ifs".

If they use the original sin story I wonder if they will put stan lee back in with the watchers in digital form?
That story involves a lot of the characters they have after endgame.
Jane Foster thor would fit nicely in that story, as would fury and the decoys after seeing the stinger in spiderman far from home.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
Jesus christ you people piss and moan about everything!

It's the Republican way.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: valiant
Jesus christ you people piss and moan about everything!

It's the Republican way.

Your side wears vagina hats..

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

If it's all about fear then does it matter if they fear our hipster bi sexual women or our hipster bi sexual men? Does it matter just so long as they fear us?

Maybe, just maybe if the west were to de-escalate the images of super soldier, of super heroes lifes mission is to kick ass all over the world then maybe they would not fear us so much.

Maybe it is that fear , that image we constantly portray on screen that we are raising our children with that keeps the rest of the world in fear of us coming to get them because all to often the enemy our screen heroes are destroying look a lot like the rest of the world .

Just maybe

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Im sure the Russians and Iranians fear and respect our Hipster bi- sexual men and completely fear our Hipster bi-sexual women .

Ahhh Vlad is here to whip the easily meltable into a frenzy.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I took my son for his first visit to a comic shop just this past weekend.
We left with some "what ifs".

And this is why am pestering my wife to give me a son!

If they use the original sin story I wonder if they will put stan lee back in with the watchers in digital form?
That story involves a lot of the characters they have after endgame.
Jane Foster thor would fit nicely in that story, as would fury and the decoys after seeing the stinger in spiderman far from home.

Being completely honest its been ages since I have read it, so I can't remember specifics but from what you say and from what I have read online it seems like Original sin would make the most sense. Might actually sit and read it tonight, nothing better than a few comics and some whisky.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Dude you don't need to read the comics just watch the movie, they are quite clearly not trying to paint a "crazy redneck be scared of guns" character he literally saves the day at the end.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Guess you have never watched The View.

I heard Wonder Woman is now called Wonder Zer.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

And this is why am pestering my wife to give me a son!

You do understand she can not do that alone?

Might actually sit and read it tonight, nothing better than a few comics and some whisky.

That sounds like a good day!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Well it could be 50% of the 1% i suppose. Thats even worse. Say...whatever happened to Handyboy? Bet hed go over like a fart in church nowadays. Lol

Who's Handyboy? Is that another obscure comic book character?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You do understand she can not do that alone?

this revelation explains a lot....

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm just glad comic books were not PC back in the day and had a Jew superhero fight white supremacists.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's so funny seeing all these posters moaning and whining without looking at any info about these characters, try reading Marvels "What If?" 1978, shock horror Thor was female.
Marvels history for some of these characters goes back a long time (1939), they've had writers who have completely changed or killed off heroes, changed who wears/carries the "mantle" or even what universe the character is in or from, it helps keep them fresh for new readers. They are comic books!!
God forbid that some of you guys find out that Marvels Captain America has been black, or Ms Marvel is Asian, and DC has a Mexican Green Lantern.

edit on 22-7-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Comic nerds are mostly SJWs and love this sort of gender and race bending anyways. Combine that with a progressive Hollywood we have the perfect confluence of woke nonsense.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
...and DC has a Mexican Green Lantern.

What a travesty, obviously took the job for less from an American.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick
Comic nerds are mostly SJWs and love this sort of gender and race bending anyways. Combine that with a progressive Hollywood we have the perfect confluence of woke nonsense.

Got any evidence for that or is it just some bollocks you pulled out of thin air.

Like I said before I am getting really fed-up of people posting random crap just to hit the right political buttons with zero evidence to support their BS claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join