It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

Technically there's been an (maybe a few) African American Superman. I have to say technically so I don't anger some comic book nerds here who get way bent out of shape over little details. Say hi to President Calvin Ellis:

Keep in mind comics usually have mutliverses where different versions of characters exist. This is part of why these people complaining are complaining about something they know nothing of. All these complaints and concerns about something that likely already happened or currently exists in the comics. This is why I call them ignorant.

BTW some people here need to look up when these things happened in the comics. Long before anyone complained about every little thing. These aren't changes being done just to make sure "certain groups" are happy. These are characters that have been around for years now.
edit on 24-7-2019 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Its not a good Ark, and it will bomb just like the comics did that they reverted back to male Thor. The original reason was that Jane had cancer and hid it from Thor (ignoring that he has magic to remove this btw) so the hammer saw her worthy. When using Mjölnir, her cancer froze. The whole ark was basically who is the new female Thor? That ark started when they were experimenting with race/sex and gender swapping characters. Iceman from another timeline gay, female Thor, black/hispanic spider-man etc They all reverted back. I'm surprised Marvel/Disney is using her in the MCU.

I think the new Avengers will be all female. Just a wild guess.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad1964

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism ! Women need to find their own Identity ! Taking a virile male God of war and making a women out of him ? What are women going to do when brutes are at Rome’s gate ? Oh yeah the men will shiver under the bed while the women kicks everyone’s mule . Im sure the Russians and Iranians fear and respect our Hipster bi- sexual men and completely fear our Hipster bi-sexual women . Lol We are doomed !

The Character actually replaced the original Thor for a while in the comics long before all this feminist bull crap.

I saw this coming a mile off because having the character actually in the first two movies and frequently mentioned in all the others meant that the character wasn't going away completely and that ultimately meant that they had plans for her.

I'm usually up in arms and dead against this feminization of Hollywood, but I'm actually OK with this one.

It started when Marvel/Disney was experimenting on adding race, sex and characters changes. Which they now reverted back to the originals. It was the time period all this feminist started getting worse. Around this time, they threw out a Muslim mrs marvel, with generic stretch powers, Captain Marvel (former Mrs Marvel) was being pushed more and more as a feminist and butchy. One of the female writers was a generic purple haired over weight feminist lady. The only difference is now Marvel/Disney is testing the audience reaction with them taking over the film roles. Which i think is a big mistake.
edit on 24-7-2019 by RetsuUnohana because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Like many peopleses have already said, Marvehas always had female versions of charaacters. i wanna wayyy expand on that though. and donr dorget they have also made male vrsins of females. IMHO, I am not interested in a female thor personally but I say marvel should be immune ro judging this move as good, bad, smart, stupid, etc... even if the current political climate is the main influence of this story arc having been written. I say they get a free pass and then some! No judgement allowed. Marvel has such an incredibly endless list of pioneering for civil liberty and all the topics which we have seen over the years and generations. Basically Marvel cared about civil liberties and equal rights as well as sending messages of inclusivity DECADES before it became a self righteous fad.

Not only does the Marvel Universe have countless women who have just as full stories as men, women who aren't looking for a man as a life goal, women who are more powerful than 100 other male heros combined, Phoenix who inhabited a woman, one of Magneto's daughters being able to shape or even destroy universes with her thoughts, leaders of teams being often women, Storm being the leader of the XMens gold team for the longest stint of any leader, women who aren't teachers nurses or moms only biochemists world leaders senators engineers, and side note...all this goes for any ethnicity and nationality you can think of too and even disabilities are represented. They even made female versions of many characters like Spiderwoman and She Hulk. Storm is worshipped both on earth and on another planet she rules. Zaladane is the ruler of the Savage Land and Sauron just her tool in the Fox series where we also see the multiple characters spun into one, a female goddess of "x-ternal" who is the source of Gambit, his gang, and their rivals, but if you are unaware...

DC comics suck. They just do. And boy are they awkward when they try their hand at politics. Marvel does it so seamlessly though it's incredible. I remember Stan Lee lecturing years back and he was explaining how XMen was a new little side comic book he started to put together after meeting a friend who became close to Stan and confided in him that he was a homosexual and it had created so much stress anxiety and a sense of Worthlessness and no direction in his life that he wished he had a hero who he could look up to but of course tough heros would probably knock out the sicko.

Anyway...Stan was clueless at the time. But he began meeting other homosexuals, he learned about the culture, he was especially moved and disturbed by the event he never knew existed, "coming out." When you couldn't hide yourself anymore and told your family and friends and faced either abandonment or if lucky acceptance in a quiet corner of the world. Stan decided he had to create heros who would get a message across to kids that there are people like you out there so they would have confidence and hope so xmen are a type of mutant who are unaware of anything till they hit adolescence and suddenly find out they are different but must hide from the world. Eventually they too must decide to come out or not as a mutant. And quite often they have parents who tell the kid to leave and never come home. They are picked on once kids start suspecting around them, called mutie, told they're unnatural...But that is what Xavier's school for special young people is. Some kids have parents who are supportive but many many kids came out and were disowned. So finally kids who were different and living as a fictional persona to the world had tons of heros to identify with who were also living a lie then coming out and facing the same heartbreaking reactions real kids do. He was choked up explaining it too and once you know this iams the orgin well duh it's so obvious. And if u followed xmen you kept reading for decades cuz thdy tried to include things that effected the gay community. Bashing, the idea of legalizing rights for mutants, are they natural or sick, or in the 80s one of the top ten arcs, the phalanx covenant which saw the coming of Virus and Warlock and led indirectly to the hijacking of the shuttle by the xmen which after being damaged Jean had to sacrifice her life to shield the team in back while she held the controls through the radiaton of space which killed her but that very moment the Phoenix which was near and sensed human emotions coming from her and her emotional plummet to deaths was intrigued and revived her by possessing her. Whoa tangent....but yea Virus, the disease leads to mutants dying all over and government talking registering them or if that is unconstitutional, it even touches on Jewish death camps as sentinels track down mutants to enslave on genosha where they ars worksd tto death or killed once weak although it hadn't been but 35 odd yesrs so it was tasteful to allude to but not mirror it when so fresh... anyways this makes homo sapiens afraid of touching mutants, there are public service announcement trying to teach that u cant get mutany from touching or even kissing a mutant, and religious groups say the virus is gods judgement on mutants and obviously this mirrored the aids crisis as the kids who read xmen were now kn their twenties and thirties so it was an appropriate arc.

Point being Stan wasn t your typical company head executive...of which studies show about 88% I think it is of the head execs of multi billion dollar companies and conglomerates test as sociopath or psychopathic. Stan found success in an alternative to putting a ruthless sociopath in charge, putting someone in charge who wants his product to make life easier and more enriched for his customers. He truly loved people and saw superheros as a way to give every age gender a Nd even marginalized type of individual someone they could look at and see themselves in. He did what he did because he wanted people to love who they are and only for that reason would he have stayed nearly eighty years in his position. If he did it to make a living hed have retired long ago. Till the day he died his life was showing the world everyone can be a hero and yea I am way emotional discussing this afternoon he just died but good people are getting harder and harder to find. Stan was an angel and one with a real purpose and who reached every last person on earth before he died. He must have been over the moon that he really did it. God bless him a million times the most kind hearted person I can think of.
edit on 7/24/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nightmare_david

I've known about the black Superman on Earth "x."

I meant the movie Superman.

And like I said, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Actually, I find it kind of tiring how many superpowered characters are in the movies.

What does that say about us humans, as a species, that are attracted to power like moths to a flame?

I think this is manifesting a trait in us that led to our inventing gods.

Sorry I went off on a tangent.

That said, I won't deny that there are overtones of political correctness and affirmative action in all this.

Again, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Some have even suggested that only blacks should have superpowers in stories; I don't feel like hunting down the citation/source/link.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Another reason Female Thor, which is what MARVEL is calling this atrocity, is beyond stupid is that it basically throws away EVERYTHING that has been developed about that character during the whole MCU run.

"Are you Thor, God of Hammers? The hammer was to help you control your powers, to focus them. It was NEVER your source of strength".

Odin's words to Thor.

This right here illustrates perfectly why Female Thor is idiotic.

Thors powers are his and his alone. They are not given to him by the hammer as the hammer has ZERO power to give. Zero.

If the power was in the hammer everything after Ragnarok is 100% impossible and cannot happen.

If there is no power in the hammer how does "being worthy" give one powers and the ability to become Lady Thor when that lady has.....no powers?

This on top of the fact that Thor is a name and not a title pretty much dunks the ball in the face of the normies trying to rationalize this moronic ineptitude.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
@Alexander The Great.

So why not use those diverse and inclusive characters (which I am all for) instead of race swapping traditionally white characters? It reeks of pandering and the thought that minority characters arent worth the time to establish and promote.

Wesley Snipes recently said in an interview that exec's couldn't understand why the initial audience test screenings for Blade were enthusiastic. He basically says that the exec's didn't understand why a black character was so well recieved by the general audience.

This shows a massive disconnect between what exec's THINK people want (cause all whiteys are racist and hate black people) and what people actually want.

As to your other points about Marvel being a leader and ahead of the times in regards to diversity and inclusivity, that is 100% right.

That's why longtime fans get irate when jag offs that have known about these characters for about 5 minute start calling people racist and bigots for opposing these types of changes. Fans of these characters (me) were on the inclusiveness and diversity bandwagon DECADES before the Woke Crowd even knew comics existed or it was the "in" thing to do.
Now you have these types appointing themselves the arbiters of what is acceptable in regards to characters they know nothing about and only recently found out about. Its pathetic.
edit on 24-7-2019 by JohnS23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnS23

You raise some excellent points but, for whatever reasons, these things are in the comic books as other posters have said.
edit on 24-7-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject
a reply to: JohnS23

You raise some excellent points but, for whatever reasons, these things are in the comic books as other posters have said.

Yes, and they were by and large, stupid ideas in the books too. That's why the majority of them were complete failures as storylines and are widely mocked.

I hate this Female Thor idiocy but Storm and Rogue are 2 of my all time favorite characters and I would absolutely HATE it if they changed Storm to a white woman or rogue to a white man.

I would loathe the entire concept of changing Luke Cage to a Hispanic or Blade to an Asian.

All of the race and gender swapping is idiotic and pointless. And the thing is, Marvel has no reason to do any of it as they've shown an amazing ability to elevate low end characters like Guardians of the Galaxy. They made a talking raccoon and a tree into somebody the most popular characters in the MCU. They could EASILY do the same for original and interesting traditionally minority/female characters. There's is absolutely NO valid reason to be doing what they are doing other than as a way to push certain ideologies.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I feel so strongly about Marvel Comics by the way and especially feel Stan Lee did humanity such an incredible service as silly as that seems to many of you. It's because of this i went straight to reply without reading anything past three or four posts, I admit. So this suggestion has probably been beat to death with a stick...

I would bet my you know what on, even if the Canon printed comics are the source of this material, that Disney had its hand in influencing the authors and unless you are gonna count the last what, six and a half weeks now that Disney has taken full ownership of marvel, then just careful if you condemn marvel since it can't answer for anything Disney has done yet...it will take a little time before they can be responsible for one another...and if it's marvel your beef is with, just spare marvel your wrath and judgement. It's people have worked for 85 years give or take to bring superheros to to us and not just as entertainment but as a call to patriotism, a challenge to be accepting, condemnation of bullying, a message of hope, a public service announcement encouraging manners, sportsmanship, being ecologically minded, a condemnation of racism and more and can even, in some rare instances, provide a truly psychological and emotional support system whether it be a true crutch to someone or the one and only place a kid can stumble accross a person like he or she is and show just how capable this person can be...

I get it. Ridiculous eh?!? Well, I can safely say that I wouldn't have been able to escape the aftermath of serious abuse without Marvel and I know damn well that there are so many more people out there who got even more out of it they got nowhere else and even at times there WAS nowhere else supporting these people. Look at Black Panther last month. All you heard for a month were people saying how pathetic or insane it was that black people were reacting as if it were a treasure sent straight from God. Many of you probably felt the same. But this just goes to show how truly much peoole can be effected by seeing a version of themselves to aspire to be like and hope to rise to the same level of confidence and importance and all and I know exactly why they were acting in such a way and I guarantee you it does wonders for kids who feel they are different than all they see around d then to finally see themselves. K I'll leave the thread. I know. That'd it

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

I dont know , I just think women could be doing with a bit of feminine inspiration from movies , rather than feminising a well established mythological male character.

Why not make an inspiring new movie about a female mythological character

such as athena , or morrigan , or Kali , or Seshet , Aphrodite

or any other female goddess , I mean the world was at one point all about the divine feminine and we have a list so long of females goddess and demi gods and heroines

so why not come up with an original movie about a female god or demi god instead of using a male character and converting them to appeal to women ?

Oh yeh thats because its probably a man who wants this to happen !

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

I think it is wrong that Marvel allowed Thor ever to become a women ! No Norse Myth has Thor as a frog or women ! Wrong Wrong Wrong

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

There's a story behind that. It's a long one so buckle up.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thor is part of a living Hermetic that counts him as a man ! It offends by eroding away at what is our past and culture ! If you don’t know where you came from how do you know where it is you should first start to go in your life . History good , bad , sexist etc is who we are . Man will reflect on these times as the transition of man from one with soul to a machine of brutal thought and cold morals . If you think destroying past culture is cool in the path of progressive ( Your response ) ideas , then you won’t mind plugging your brain in one day so all can see and manipulate your thoughts . Gender swaps , heterosexual role models of a man and women are attacked on many fronts . Androgyny is next and the loss of sex organs , followed by machine AI taking completely over in 500 yrs if we are still on this rock . If man is survive we need natural male and female roles and models . LBGT groups don’t bother me in the least , but they don’t reproduce and thus are serving little use to the therion side of man and his nature . We need Thor to be manly and inspire boys like how Athena or Isis inspire women to be bold and strong

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Take a historical or Myth character that is a female and bring her to the screen ! Did you read the post What’s next Wonder Shim the Amazon She-Him . The only men that can wear women’s clothing is the Python’s and Women should look pretty , because they are ! Willful suppression of reality is part of entertainment . I collect comics and watch most the films , and I’m missing out the idea that Thor is Scandinavian Myth and not Jack Kirby or Stan Lee I.P . That’s my point and I’m 25% Danish and I’m angry

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Say it with me, "It's just a comic book story that got turned into a movie. It's purely fantasy."

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

weird there are so many female gods to make movies from, why not just choose from the massive pantheon of gods and goddesses , deities who already have well established myth and are female , also weird that they want a female thor

Thor is a mythical legend and will always be male to everyone who ever asks, its not like this movie will somehow re write
mythological history

Also its #in lazy

they cant be arsed to do an original empowering female movie like this so they just use an already established character and make them female

edit on 13-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Right you are

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join