It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
1 1 Avengers: Endgame film currently playing $2,790,275,676 2019 [# 1][# 2]
2 1 Avatar $2,789,700,000 2009 [# 3][# 4]
3 1 Titanic $2,187,463,944 1997 [# 5][# 6]
4 3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $2,068,223,624 2015 [# 7][# 8]
5 4 Avengers: Infinity War $2,048,359,754 2018 [# 9][# 10]
6 3 Jurassic World $1,671,713,208 2015 [# 11][# 12]
7 3 The Avengers $1,518,812,988 2012 [# 13][# 14]
8 4 Furious 7 $1,516,045,911 2015 [# 15][# 16]
9 5 Avengers: Age of Ultron $1,405,403,694 2015 [# 17][# 16]
10 9 Black Panther $1,346,913,161 2018

That is a list of highest grossing films
5 marvel films and one star wars film

like I posted
we will see how your prediction ages

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes we will.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
If you can't make fun of yourself who can you make fun of?

DB.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hollywood has been dead for years. No one but children cares about what they produce.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

1 1 Avengers: Endgame film currently playing $2,790,275,676 2019 [# 1][# 2]
2 1 Avatar $2,789,700,000 2009 [# 3][# 4]
3 1 Titanic $2,187,463,944 1997 [# 5][# 6]
4 3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $2,068,223,624 2015 [# 7][# 8]
5 4 Avengers: Infinity War $2,048,359,754 2018 [# 9][# 10]
6 3 Jurassic World $1,671,713,208 2015 [# 11][# 12]
7 3 The Avengers $1,518,812,988 2012 [# 13][# 14]
8 4 Furious 7 $1,516,045,911 2015 [# 15][# 16]
9 5 Avengers: Age of Ultron $1,405,403,694 2015 [# 17][# 16]
10 9 Black Panther $1,346,913,161 2018

That is a list of highest grossing films
5 marvel films and one star wars film

like I posted
we will see how your prediction ages

That they are the top 10 grossing films is a sad indictment on the human race.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
welp never gonna watch it or give them money, so there ya go suck on that leftists.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I disagree.
And so do many other ticket buyers.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yikes....after a long week of work, pressures and stresses from the week taking there toll, and just want to watch a good movie to take me away from the daily grind for a while...And what? I mean seriously WTF? We now are going to have a female thor that should have been killed off in the comics years ago...Jesus...I mean any body reading about this particular time in history are going to wonder just what the hell happened to the men!

Will add this to my portfolio of idiot organizations I no longer do business with!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

WHAT?!?

the marvel movies are out standing..as movies.. not as comic book movies..

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I was making no comment good of bad about the fact Old rich white men run everything...

I was pointing out how ridiculous it is to think that (old rich white men) are perpetrating a vast conspiracy to demonize themselves..

Nothing but old rich white guys run all these companies we are discussing...

So PLEASE!!! Would someone explain to me the logistics behind all these soulless corporate robber barons orcastrating a vast conspiracy to make people hate them (old rich white men)..

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnS23

really....

3) one of the worst received and abysmal selling storylines in recent times does not lead one to believe that it will be a good and profitable move for the movies. This is pure 100% identity politics.

you really went there.....
as if there weren't such a thing as google.....
go sell your easily debunked lies elsewhere....
www.comichron.com...
thor(the lady) was #6 in units moved
ultimate sin(the story of lady thor) was #7 in units moved

beating batman, spiderman, superman, avengers, and numerous others......

go get your f'n shinebox

I love when normies use this as the crux of their argument lol. If you had even the faintest clue on how the comic book industry rolls you'd throw that link in the garbage where meaningless dreck like that belongs.

Hahahahahaha, effing normies lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not often I give you credit on a thread but credit where credit is due on that last post buddy.

I am starting to think that if me and you only talked about Comics, whisky and breasts we might actually get along just fine!

Too bad is post is based on nonsense and in no way reflects the actual sales at comic book shops lol.

Lol @ normies thinking they know how the industry (especially Marvel) does things ton pad their sales totals. I find it humorous when dolts like you and him come stampeding in with what you think is the finishing move all the while not realizing just how badly you highlighted your total and complete lack of industry knowledge.

Carry on fellas lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Your simply a poor liar. Lol
I would say you lack knowledge except you have none.
You simply pull from your backside.
You were exposed as a liar.

Go get your shinebox.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Puppylove

Even in the comics she called herself Thor like it was a title.

No she called herself Thordis

Hahaha. You are too much. You have so little knowledge of what you speak, it's hilarious.

You are talking about one crappy storyline from the Earth-788 nonsense.

In all other iterations she is called and refers to herself as Thor. How many more straws can you grasp at I wonder?

788 isnt canon and has ZERO to do with the MCU.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Opinions and assholes, yeah!

You guys need another hobby, this false outrage # is getting very tiresome and old! and then you wonder why folk label you the way they do.

Props to Shooterbrody for calling out your outright lies, trying to paint a false picture to fit your narrative, you people always accuse others of identity politics, whilst playing that exact thing yourselves, it's comical!

... and then you try to hinge your argument on one tiny aspect, hoping it will stick because deep down you probably know how stupid the initial argument is! i.e Thor is his name she can't become Thor therefore I win ..... sigh, go ask Odin ...or ya know read the comics!

Marvel do an interpretation of Norse Gods/mythology etc ... I have no idea why people are finding this so hard to understand?

Lol. His point is stupid and in no way shows sakes direct to customer. The units moved are to comic stores. Those stores didnt even come close to selling those numbers.

Marcel has beennplayong a shell game with their sales numbers for years and years.

Knowledgeable people know this, idiot normies dont lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

No you posted the sales were abysmal; I exposed your easily researched lie.
Just stop with the lies.
It is really that easy liar.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Calm down... it's just a story.

You want a good reason why female Thor is stupid? How about the fact that Thor is a person and Male. It isnt a title its HIS name.

Okay. I guess you're not bothered then that Marvel appropriated the name of a Norse God for their comics? It's just bad if the name "Thor" is appropriated for a woman?

In my opinion, the bigger problem is that once again -- in typical feminist style -- a woman has to compete with and or assume the position of the man, and presumably the masculine nature of Thor. Given that Thor is a well known and well loved character, I don't see the need or the wisdom in replacing him. And especially not with a woman. But it's also rather typical for women to be expected to pick up the slack and/or clean up the messes men leave in their wake. So I guess to that extent, I'm not surprised. And, of course, when Thor resumes his position, her deeds will be attributed to Thor the God rather than the Goddess. But, again, typical. It isn't unusual for men to take credit for women's work.

I would have much preferred to see another female character brought into the picture, perhaps Hel, Goddess of the Underworld, who also happens to be Thor's niece/Loki's daughter. A woman whose character, skills, etc., could be developed and expanded for her own purposes. It would be fun to see what havoc she could raise, eh?

Personally, I would think feminists would prefer to see a woman excel in her own right, rather than as a shadow of a man. But feminist logic doesn't usually make much sense to me, so what do I know?

one of the worst received and abysmal selling storylines in recent times does not lead one to believe that it will be a good and profitable move for the movies. This is pure 100% identity politics.

Well, darn, I thought they were in the business of making money and were making the most of identity politics to do so. I guess I was wrong. They just want to play identity politics and are squandering their profits in the process. Sounds like a recipe for failure to me.

We've already seen Hela, she was in Ragnarok. And she was awesome and so was Cate Blanchett in the role.

It would bother me just as much if they changed Hela to fit a male character.

ALL race and gender swapping is stupid and patronizing.

I would think changing the race and/or gender of a character like Blade is just as stupid as this.

Or anyone. Its moronic on every level and basically tells women and minorities that they arent important enough to spend time on. By shoehorning minorities into traditionally white characters they are basically saying that minorities dont deserve to have their own unique characters and that those characters arent worth the time and effort it would take to create.

Go watch a few vids by a dude named YoungRippa59 as he pretty much nails it and *gasp* he's a black man!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

For some reason when anyone raises a dislike of anything feminist its automatically defined as anti woman misogyny.

I think this particular case is pandering and I have no problem with women characters.

Buffy summers,,,,and willow
Ellen Ripley
Sarah Conner
Katniss everdeen
Xena
Alice, resident evil
Trinity, matrix
Any woman from LOTR

All great characters.
All stood on their own.

It's their default position because that's what the media has told them it is.

I am hat this female Thor crap so I get called misogynist, incel, woman hater etc etc etc.

Problem is at least half of my top 10 comic characters are female. Rogue, Storm, Jean Grey, Scarlett With and Psylocke.

Their argument is the default stance of the moron.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Normies? .... how old are you?

Shooterbrody exposed your lies! you can't change the goalposts now with more nonsense! and quit with that utter bull# that ''you know'' and everyone else doesn't, it's a piss poor and silly defense!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Truth said

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join