It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

At this point i have to ask if you have seen Equilibrium? In some countries it is known as Cubic. Christian Bale. I strongly recommend that to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

And what about the matrix movies then? Has they had an influence over your life? I see that they have had, at least to some extent, due to your username.

My thought about the matrix trilogy: The first one was cool and it exploded my brains away in a good sense. The second one, only good thing was the highway chase/fight scene, and the third was boring philosophy.

The first time I watched the first one, near the pod scene when Neo wakes up from the matrix, my dad came in to tell me that my closest cousin had passed away (he commited suicide).
I was obviously shellshocked but I guess in a way, the movie made me think that he had just woken up and was fine or something. Became a sort of obsession watching it repeatedly, probably helped me a lot grieving, was only a teen at the time. I still watch the trilogy all at least once a year to this day.

I heard theres a fourth Matrix movie being made... I wonder if it will be any good.

Some people say that we live in a computer simulation. So what? Maybe i am a computer program and not a human. Beer.exe and tobacco.exe still works the same way.

Maybe this earth is a seven year old boy or girl science project from an other universe. To show it around at school. Look, I made the tellus. Teacher: "I am not that impressed, you get an F-"

Sometimes i think that this world, filled with possibilities, is what keeps me here. Although i have ruined a billion possibilities maybe.

Hahaha.

Nothing wrong with making mistakes, part of being human. I think it matters more whether you learn from them and improve or ignore them and hide from them if you get me

edit on 23-9-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

At this point i have to ask if you have seen Equilibrium? In some countries it is known as Cubic. Christian Bale. I strongly recommend that to you.

Yeah, watched that one mate, enjoyed it too!

I would recommend a movie called "Dark City" it's quite old now but still good.

Any favourites yourself?
edit on 23-9-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, that was awesome!!!!!! Loved the story and the song!

Oh and...I missed you.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Hiya XXX! Let us know if you get that thread up.

Ooooh movies! Love movies from different genres, but really love sci-fi and horror. The horror, mostly spooky types, not the senseless torture stuff with no real story line.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Sometimes i think that this world, filled with possibilities, is what keeps me here. Although i have ruined a billion possibilities maybe.

YES! Possibilities!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hiya XXX! Let us know if you get that thread up.

Ooooh movies! Love movies from different genres, but really love sci-fi and horror. The horror, mostly spooky types, not the senseless torture stuff with no real story line.

Oh no! Not horror! I am really, really allergic to those movies. Because my real life is often like that. But sci-fi? Now you are talking
Have you seen Elysium

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No I haven't, but it looks awesome!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's kinda surprising how "Oh, I'm just going to shampoo this dirty streak off the landing of the stairs" turns into "Huh, the rest of the landing looks a little grimy, too..." Which then morphs into "Dammit, the carpet at the bedroom doors is a totally different color now, guess I better clean it" which in turn becomes, "Crap, how I have to do the whole room, the dirty carpet really shows now..."

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

High pressure Gerni Gun.

Open door, flood the place. Works in my kitchen and quick too. Dogs and cats vacate and disappear every time they see me hooking it up. Open the windows, turn the fans on after a flush. Roses mate!

Sit down and have a beer and smoke thinking - "true love" will be impressed - (not).

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I still haven't figured out how to properly use the search function on ATS.

I need someone who knows a bit about human biology and physics. But it is really not worth a thread. There is an "Ask any question about physics" thread but this can't be covered with just physics. And there is "Ask a question" thread but that is about general ATS stuff, what are stars and flags kind of stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

High pressure Gerni Gun.

Open door, flood the place. Works in my kitchen and quick too. Dogs and cats vacate and disappear every time they see me hooking it up. Open the windows, turn the fans on after a flush. Roses mate!

Sit down and have a beer and smoke thinking - "true love" will be impressed - (not).

Kind regards,

bally

Lmao, I don't think that would work too well on carpeting, Bally XD I mean, I'd feel great hauling in the pressure washer & going to town in the house, but the carpet would be waterlogged beyond repair XD

On the bright side, a quick cleaning of a small area that turned into a whole floor's worth of carpet cleaning worked out nicely. The upstairs as a whole was much dirtier than it looked, yuck. I followed that up with a vinegar & hot water rinse, to remove any lingering soap residue, kill off anything still living in the fibers, and deodorize. It should smell pretty darn squeaky clean up there tomorrow once the carpet thoroughly dries overnight

I'm planning on doing the same downstairs tomorrow, it needs it. All the "no shoes in the house" rules on the planet can't stop walk path streaks from forming anyway, it just delays them.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I would appreciate a bunny picture at some point in the future. If you feel like it. His name is Burt, right? I might remember wrong...

My world has turned upside down, and since it already was upside down, i thought some things might be in the right way now but i was wrong. So i need distractions, away from my own head.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Awwww, a pic of Burt would make us all smile.

I get distracted on youtube. So many things to see and listen to.
I feel sleepy and it's early yet.

Love and hugs for everyone!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Rugs...now that is something I have to get around to cleaning myself. I'd like to wash my kitchen floor too.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I would appreciate a bunny picture at some point in the future. If you feel like it. His name is Burt, right? I might remember wrong...

My world has turned upside down, and since it already was upside down, i thought some things might be in the right way now but i was wrong. So i need distractions, away from my own head.

Absolutely, I'll try to get a new one in the next few days

originally posted by: Night Star

Rugs...now that is something I have to get around to cleaning myself. I'd like to wash my kitchen floor too.

OOH, do you by chance have a steam mop? I have a Haan steam mop, and that's what I use on the bathroom, kitchen and basement floors. No solutions are supposed to go in it -- water only. BUT, I've found through brand trial and error, before starting a section, that if I sprayed some Method All Purpose cleaner on it first, and let it set for a few seconds, that it cuts through ANYTHING on the floor and gets it squeaky clean. The mop does just fine on it's own with just the plain steam, but coupled with the Method cleaner, it's a much more thorough cleaning.

Yeah, I'm definitely pitching the stuff here, it works great. REALLY great, the only thing it's not too good on is windows & mirrors -- leaves mild streaks. Or it could just be operator error on my part. But for everything else, it's the best thing I've ever found to cut through dirt and such (and I'm real fond of using vinegar mixes for cleaning) Plus, it smells much, much better than other stuff on the market (Mrs Meyer's Clean Day stuff aside, that smells good, too) I've got the French Lavender version, and it's awesome

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I'll have to look into that. Thanks! Mrs. Myers Clean Day? I'll have to look into that too.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Carpet cleaning water-based vacuum cleaner

We used to have one 30 years ago (old model, no longer listed), they work great.

Carpets are seen as dirty, awful stores of filth in Holland, generally speaking. Most people have what they call laminate floors, which are engineered wooden composite panels slotted together by the user at home and sawn to size where needed. Most rental properties here are completely unfurnished. No lights, no window coverings (they are not fond of curtains either, they use screens and/or plastic blinds) and no floor coverings. When the rental period is over, all mentioned fittings must be removed and the property vacated in original, bare state.

Even after being here for almost 30 years, I still prefer carpets and curtains. To each their own I guess. The room I'm in now has no blinds (for some reason they were removed before us temporary folks moved in) so I covered them in cheap brown paper. It doesn't look very homely but at least people can't stare at me as they walk past my 3 huge (3 feet wide by 8 feet tall!) windows. I like cheap in temporary housing.

edit on 24/9/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

No curtains? I have to have curtains. We were supposed to rip up the carpeting in the living room and bedrooms and just use smaller area rugs, but then Summer came. Hoping that Mark will feel up to it when the weather stabilizes. His Brother will be helping. Between our long shedding hair and the cat's hair and dust...rugs suck. Lol Easier to clean a bare floor and area rug.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Leaving in a while to have lunch with my Sister.

To all my beautiful Sheddites, Lurkers included... Wishing you a great day/night! "Make good choices." Lol, that's from a movie.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join