It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The future is going to have alot.more people like me. The number of lefties is growing. As the world ages.. borders and countries will matter less and less. We will recognize ourselves as earth, humanity as a whole.

sounds like the borg.....

"We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

no thanks
we are fine on our own here

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

Internment camps are not labor camps are not extermination camps.

perhaps you could explain that to aoc?
seems once again she is confused, as it appears some here are....

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Again you’re missing my point. Post after post you’ve shown you’re willing to let children suffer as leverage to obtain your goal of open borders .

There are ways for people to apply for asylum legally .

Are you against all laws or just this one ?

Applying for asylum means you can get denied and sent back.

Asylum is approved for people in dangerous situations back home, usually war.

You don't get asylum if you're just poor and have no way out of it back home and want a better opportunity.

The laws are broken and don't serve the needs and socioeconomic climate of the 21st century.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
I don't use fakebook er facebook or twitter but you can invite him here and I will tell him off in the forum, just like I did you

I donno, man. You are calling him out as a liar, and said you'd do it to his face. Now it's my problem to deliver him? Sounds like all hat, no cows to me. Said as a Canadian .

Happy trails, eh?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The future is going to have alot.more people like me. The number of lefties is growing. As the world ages.. borders and countries will matter less and less. We will recognize ourselves as earth, humanity as a whole.

sounds like the borg.....

"We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

no thanks
we are fine on our own here

Hahaha

That's funny.

You're taking the concept of one world government and togetherness in humanity as a scary negative.

Why does it have to be scary? What would you lose? How would it affect you?

No one would be forcing anything. Each country as it exists today would essentially be akin to how a "state" is here in the USA now.

Not too much different, just no borders, no war..

Think about it.. 200 years from now. Extra terrestrials will put this in perspective. Humanity won't see itself as individual countries anymore. We are all human, this isn't the IS, India, Russia, China.. this is Earth. Together. It's a realization we will have to come to on macro level.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But then, how will the idiots in Washington know that we care enough to spend the money that we may have been considering donating to their campaigns to help with these kids?? I mean ya we could send them letters but I have a feeling the letters aren't gonna be read.
Thousands of care packages being delivered to the white house and senate building on a daily basis is gonna be noticed by someone.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

How so? What is going on at the border is the exact definition of a concentration camp. It is concentrating a specific group of people, deemed undesirable to a society, in one area. Just like concentration camps in Nazi Germany were originally used to hold dissenters and Communists. In fact, most Holocaust scholars tend to make it clear that the concentration camps and the extermination camps were two separate things and that the terminology should not be confused.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump administration willingly denying these children, who they took legal custody of, basic human rights

Lets truly get to the facts here. Who makes the decisions involving day to day care in those places? I know trump didn't personally go to the detention centers and say , "You have to treat them this way." And I know the law doesn't say to do it.
There was a chain of command and somewhere in that chain someone decided that basic human needs didn't apply here. Or they were outright negligent.

That's not even the case. They lack the manpower and the resources to properly care for all these people. Democrats are holding up the funding to get the proper care, purposefully creating these kind of conditions so they can say "Look at these horrible conditions! Just let them go!"

That's #ing evil.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

How so? What is going on at the border is the exact definition of a concentration camp. It is concentrating a specific group of people, deemed undesirable to a society, in one area. Just like concentration camps in Nazi Germany were originally used to hold dissenters and Communists. In fact, most Holocaust scholars tend to make it clear that the concentration camps and the extermination camps were two separate things and that the terminology should not be confused.

The difference is the Jews were rounded up by nazis.

Nobody is rounding anybody up at the US southern border. The people staying at your so called "concentration camps" are walking up to it and asking for permission to enter.

Your argument is bonkers brah

Lolz
🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

The difference is the Jews were rounded up by nazis.

Nobody is rounding anybody up at the US southern border. The people staying at your so called "concentration camps" are walking up to it and asking for permission to enter.

Your argument is bonkers brah

Lolz
🤪

That one is endowment-level faithful to the progressive narrative, no matter how little sense it makes. There's no talking facts to him. Facts don't matter. History doesn't matter. It's all about the narrative.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hahaha

That's funny.

sadly it is not

Why does it have to be scary?

Why did you post it that way?

yep
the borg

Think about it.. 200 years from now. Extra terrestrials will put this in perspective. Humanity won't see itself as individual countries anymore. We are all human, this isn't the IS, India, Russia, China.. this is Earth. Together. It's a realization we will have to come to on macro level.

no thanks
fortunately you lot won't be able to out vote us any time soon
see trump, donald as example 1

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

How so? What is going on at the border is the exact definition of a concentration camp.

Is that so?
Please point out to me the forced labor or the gas chambers.
But you go right ahead and attempt to muddy the water to forward a political agenda.
It only highlights the ignorance of such.
www.merriam-webster.com...

The Nazi soldiers hauled [Mordechai] Strigler off to a concentration camp, and carved swastikas into his cheeks and forehead with a razor blade. Over the next five years, he was sent from one concentration camp or slave-labor camp to another. — David Remnick

The V2 killed thousands of British civilians while 20,000 concentration camp inmates died as slave labourers during its manufacture in the closing stages of the second world war. — Anna Tomforde et al.

So when the illegal immigrants we detain start DYING by the thousands, or are forced to work as free slave labor let me know.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Where in that definition you posted did it say that a concentration camp is the same thing as an extermination camp? It specifically stated that it was a place where a certain segment of a society are rounded up. Last time I checked there generally isn't mass genocide committed in refugee camps and yet the definition you posted uses those as an example.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
ATTENTION!

This thread is about the southern US border and the conditions there... not about the 2020 elections.

Get back on topic or post that discussion in a more appropriate thread.

Failure to comply will have consequences. Do not reply to this post.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator/Member

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's not actually the problem either. The problem is that the who that is crossing the border has changed. We are seeing more families coming at us with young children and our system isnt designed to handle so many children. A d I'm sorry but trumps approach to hold them all in custody separating the kids from their parents just makes the problem worse.
And while I would agree that Congress has to play a role in the permanent solution to the problem, what we have is not an immigration problem. It's a refugee crisis. It's a mass migration from a destabilized central America. Building a wall isnt gonna help since the crisis is now and that wall is gonna take many years to build. And Daca has nothing to do with this crisis. It's a separate issue. And while you want to blame the dems for not compromising I really don't see trump as the compromising type either. And the Republicans in Congress doesn't seem to want to go for much of anything unless it has trumps deal of approval beforehand.
If the conditions these kids are in are even close to what is being described all I can say is that any us citizen were treating their kid even half as badly the govt would be knocking on their door with a court order to take the kids. You can't leave babies in the care of 7 and 8 year olds, you can't leave them in dirty clothes days on end, you can't refuse them baths. Any one of these actions alone would get you into trouble with social services. Add them all together along with all the other things and I'd have to say a human trafficker would probably be giving the kid better care.
Yes there is a crisis at the border. There are two matter of fact. One is being caused by a crisis in central America that is putting a lot of people on the move. The other is our complete unwillingness and inability to treat them with even a shred of compassion if they happen to make it to our border.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

That's not actually the problem either. The problem is that the who that is crossing the border has changed. We are seeing more families coming at us with young children and our system isnt designed to handle so many children. A d I'm sorry but trumps approach to hold them all in custody separating the kids from their parents just makes the problem worse.
And while I would agree that Congress has to play a role in the permanent solution to the problem, what we have is not an immigration problem. It's a refugee crisis. It's a mass migration from a destabilized central America. Building a wall isnt gonna help since the crisis is now and that wall is gonna take many years to build. And Daca has nothing to do with this crisis. It's a separate issue. And while you want to blame the dems for not compromising I really don't see trump as the compromising type either. And the Republicans in Congress doesn't seem to want to go for much of anything unless it has trumps deal of approval beforehand.
If the conditions these kids are in are even close to what is being described all I can say is that any us citizen were treating their kid even half as badly the govt would be knocking on their door with a court order to take the kids. You can't leave babies in the care of 7 and 8 year olds, you can't leave them in dirty clothes days on end, you can't refuse them baths. Any one of these actions alone would get you into trouble with social services. Add them all together along with all the other things and I'd have to say a human trafficker would probably be giving the kid better care.
Yes there is a crisis at the border. There are two matter of fact. One is being caused by a crisis in central America that is putting a lot of people on the move. The other is our complete unwillingness and inability to treat them with even a shred of compassion if they happen to make it to our border.

Why are they having so many kids?

Maybe we should be shipping condoms!?!?

Lolz🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

But, weren't the Dems shouting "There is no crisis at the border! It's all manufactured by Trump to get his wall funding". Yet, here you say it's a crisis?

Which is it?

Schizophrenia is a serious disease, and the Dems have it in spades. Seek help.

edit on 6/24/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No we feel improving the conditions in these facilities would be the optimal solution.

So, tell your dem congressman to shut up about politics and fund the border patrol.

Don't try to pretend this is Trumps fault.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

I'm not exactly sure what people expect. When you have nearly a million people a month showing up in all sorts of disarray across a 1500 mile border, what are you supposed to do? Let them wander to some city and let them have at the streets? That is, if they don't die in the desert first.

Instead of trying to disincentivize coming, the left in this country wants to add more incentive. It's cloward-piven. Overwhelm the system so it collapses. We are dealing with truly evil agendas. Build the wall. Funnel the people to check points where they can be turned away or held in proper facilities until their claims are heard and granted or denied.

One other thing, why does this (specifically the holding facilities) always come up in june? June 2017, border facilities. June 2018, border facilities. June 2019, border facilities.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join