It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Asylum is approved for people in dangerous situations back home, usually war.

Factually..... er,,,,, wait a minute ....... I meant completely incorrect .

To get permanent asylum you have to go before a judge.

Before you go before a judge you have to apply for asylum .

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
how did he put food on the table (or even have a table) by working without a valid social security card or ID?

There is no federal law requiring anyone to have or use a SSN in order to work in the USA.

Doesn't mean it is easy to do, but it is true.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

When a parent is fleeing domestic abuse, does Child Protection Services take their children away when they enter a shelter? Do homeless parents lose their kids when they enter a homeless shelter?

What law are you referring to that would take children away from migrant parents?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Don't play dumb. Holocaust just means great destruction by fire. Imagine last year, as the fires were raging through california, if we all started blaming the dems by saying "the democrats have perpetrated a holocaust on california!"

Yeah, we all get that a technical definition could be used to excuse this garbage, but it's intellectually dishonest. Holocaust and concentration camps conjure up these awful images. That was the purpose of the reference, any argument to the contrary is just partisanship on display. It's obvious what she meant, otherwise the moronic person who offered the comparison wouldn't have said "never again."

In no way are our border facilities similar to a concentration camp. I mean, unless you also consider our school system concentration camps. It's disingenuous and absurd that anyone is defending that comparison.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

When you break the law and are detained, you are separated from your children. Illegal aliens have broken the law and are being detained.

Furthermore, human trafficking on the border is getting outrageous. You're arguing to keep these kids with their traffickers. Truly sick.
edit on 24-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

He doesn't have a congressman. He's not from the US.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Grimpachi

No , the left control the house. The right controls the senate.

And the House controls the purse strings.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No. The "optimal" solution would be to close off the border to illegals, and send those already here home.

That second task is a bit harder to actually do, than it is to say, of course... What with some city govt in open defiance to ICE, and the sheer numbers of illegals living here in the US.
edit on 6/24/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Krakatoa

How would you fund the enacting of that law? The embassies would be required to protect all those people, as well as house, feed and provide medical treatment. I think the United States is better equipped to meet those requirements than a foreign embassy.

Why? Let them apply, then go home to await a decision.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Migrants and Central American asylum seekers can't afford gold fillings.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: Krakatoa

How would you fund the enacting of that law? The embassies would be required to protect all those people, as well as house, feed and provide medical treatment. I think the United States is better equipped to meet those requirements than a foreign embassy.

Why? Let them apply, then go home to await a decision.

Sigh....

Asylum seekers are fleeing their homes and running for their lives.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Migrants and Central American asylum seekers can't afford gold fillings.

the people that gave up the rings are DEAD
the people that gave up their rosaries are not

nice try tho
it only exposes the disgusting lengths you will go to in order to justify a political position

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I used to have compUserv back in the 90's, had Geocites after that, they both went away, so Facebook and google and twitter came along and I found no reason to sign up.

when you commit a crime, and involve your minor children, the state has the right to make corrective action.

(it's not my rule) until a person is 100 miles passed the border, they get no Constitutional protections ( again I did not make this law) asking for asylum at the border has no legal standing, it may be "allowed" but legally, it has no standing.

I accidently never had any children, becuase I accidently saw where the contry was headed many years ago ( I grew up during watergate, it made an impact on me ) I feel bad for the FEW that truly are in a bad way, but the few cannot over rule the many, only the one.

People on here have said borders have no place in the modern world, I do wonder if these are the same folks that want to do away with the electorial college, and desire a one world democracy.

if this applies to you, I do so hope you desire to learn Hindi, the language of India, because India is looking to surpass China in population, and if each person on the planet only gets one vote, India will rule, they have the MOST VOTES.

Have any of you been to India, it's awesome, Truly it's gorgeous, there is quite a stench, and the poor is rampent, as is disease. The ancient artwork is unmatched, the philosophy is unparralled, as is it's rich history. I still would not like to live as they do.

I have no ill will towards anyone, to each his own, if you wish to invest your efforts to saving the world, I have no issue with it, Don't ask me to help. I learned, in traveling the world, that the reason the world is the way it is, is becuase the world really doesn't want to be saved.

with age comes wisdom, wisdom never comes without expirence, expirence comes with age.

If you think I am being mean or bigotted, look up Lifeguard training, and how to handle panic in the water, it applies to this situation quite well. ✌✌✌✌
edit on 24-6-2019 by thedigirati because: mini skirt distraction

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Wow, this is just sick. You're really trying to push this??? Like really!? Last I checked jews were fleeing the germans. Here they're pouring in over the border in record numbers. In germany they went door to door, collecting the jews to send them off to their torture and death. Here the people are flooding into the camps in hopes to get into our country and live a better life.

It's absolutely sickening that any human being would trivialize what happened in world war 2 to score some political points.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

When you break the law and are detained, you are separated from your children. Illegal aliens have broken the law and are being detained.

They are being detained/incarcerated, and their children taken, before any court has found them guilty of trespassing. In America, you are innocent until you are proven guilty. That's what "catch and release" reflected. The Trump "no tolerance" policy is fascism.

edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

It's absolutely sickening that any human being would trivialize what happened in world war 2 to score some political points.

They DON'T CARE
All that matters is the "win".

It is why they will continue to lose.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

They are being detained/incarcerated, and their children taken, before any court has found them guilty of trespassing.

You are detained until trial unless given bail. But that's neither here nor there really;

In America, you are innocent until you are proven guilty.

Sure, if you're here legally. If you're not, the supreme court has ruled many times over that you don't enjoy constitutional rights.

That's what "catch and release" reflected. The Trump "no tolerance" policy is fascism.

I don't think you know what fascism is. You seem to think law enforcement is fascism. It is not.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Offtopic: I'm predicting a potus win for trump but a senate win for the dems in 2020. House stays the same.

Nah...

Trump wins bigly - even the popular vote this time

R's get a super majority in the Senate, and retake the House (bonus would be a super majority there too, but that would be hard)...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
People that know from concentrations camps, like George Takei and others who were interned during WWII, are calling them concentration camps. Your argument is with them...I just trust their assessment over yours.

Really do not want to debate this. It is a narrative used today for political purposes, I really didn't hear people during Obama years describe them as concentrations camps and we might as well suggest all our military in the Middle East are also in concentrations camps because they look about the same.

And sorry, if you are defending a regime that is refusing to provide soap and bedding to captured children...that defines you. Best own it.

Neither of us know the true reality here, once again there is always a ton of political narrative. Do you think they are purposely not providing care? I just don't know where you are coming from most of the time. In this case the border is over whelmed OVER WHELMED and the liberal controlled house does not want to increase support, I'm not going to give the Republicans a pass on this either, but I have asked you a number of times what do you think should be done?

Should we just release them on the street? Should we deport them right back into Mexico? Should we bus them to you in Canada? You just want to say "oh the horror" with nothing else.

Support is not some magical unlimited thing, and it seems you have zero concerns that the left is treating this as a political event and not allowing further funds to support to keep the "oh the horrors" narrative alive.

You seem to not see this part at all...Trump wants funds, been asking for funds, tried to even transfer funds from other areas and he gets nothing but legal actions to prevent any of it from happening.

edit on 24-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

"Never Forget", right? Don't think it can't happen here, it already has.

edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join