It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

WOW! So, there should be so many more by now, perhaps dwarfing the wedding rings?

And congress still has done nothing about it!

the meme you used is beyond ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Migrants and Central American asylum seekers can't afford gold fillings.

Just for clarity. The rosary pictures were from 2007-2014 published in 2015.

Damn Obama, Damn him all to HELL!!!

Here's a tip on the extreme left's thought processes...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If they are claiming asylum, and I'm not saying all of them are, they are not entering illegally. But the Trump administration has been holding all those claiming asylum, who enter between check points, and even many who do enter through check points, in detention centers and taking their children away from them.

There is processing and collecting information on who is who... They need to determine whether their asylum claims meet asylum. They also need to determine if the adults are really the relatives of the kids. I think we both know that people are using kids to get in, kids that are not theirs, we also know that the majority use asylum claims get in and then disappear with well over 80% of them never going to their hearings.

Detaining is not incarceration... They are detained and then they are either allowed asylum or are sent back...that is the two choices. With catch and release they get a third choice and the most popular one by far of just become an illegal worker.

Add in that Mexico has offered asylum and that also muddies the waters as to why they do not accept that and continue on to America.

edit on 24-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I'm talking open borders. I'm saying open the gates, let people in.

That way we don't need the camps at all.

Ahhh, so, you want the destruction of America. Brilliant! Turn America into Venezuela, and who will want to come here?

Problem solved!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'll let you use the google machine. Look up 1996 expedited removal zone.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

...never ending Hyperbole.

Hyperbole? Not so much...A Justice Department attorney this week argued in court that the federal government should not be required to provide soap, toothbrushes or even beds to detained children apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border. Government lawyer Sarah Fabian argued Tuesday before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit that forcing children to sleep on cold concrete floors in cells is both “safe and sanitary.”

I'm not suggesting solutions, your government doesn't care what I think. However, I am holding up a mirror.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, not really, Trump is not a Muslim, he belives in the Christian God, the last guy, well, he DID take rosary beads now didn't he?

So yeah, another fail in the blame game.

It's almost like Proxies of the pink queen are in here.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Hyperbole? Not so much...A Justice Department attorney this week argued in court that the federal government should not be required to provide soap, toothbrushes or even beds to detained children apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border. Government lawyer Sarah Fabian argued Tuesday before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit that forcing children to sleep on cold concrete floors in cells is both “safe and sanitary.”

I'm not suggesting solutions, your government doesn't care what I think. However, I am holding up a mirror.

had you mirrors up there you wouldn't all dress like mounties.....

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Onlyyouknow

WOW! So, there should be so many more by now, perhaps dwarfing the wedding rings?

36 rosaries to millions of rings... I don't know...Obama deported more than Trump so maybe the number is dropping.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yet when we said we were going to ship them to sanctuary cities you all whined.

What? And drop them off in the streets? The Federal Government took custody of these children and it's their responsibility to care for them and provide them with safe and sanitary conditions.

you still have not addressed the massive human trafficking element.

First of all, these kids are being kidnapped from their parents and placed in unsafe conditions, where they are neglected and molested, according to reports. Some of them are being handed off to god knows who, and will never be reunited with their parents, because the Trump administration has lost or didn't keep records of who these kids are and where they belong.

Secondly, the US foster care system kids are assaulted, sexually, physically and emotionally, and used for financial profit all the time.

Thirdly, the Trump Administration have perverted the meaning of child trafficking to include desperate parents who send their children to the USA through relatives, friends or people paid to get them to relatives or friends on the other side. That is not the same as losing your child to kidnappers, or selling your child to people who use them as prostitutes or slaves, or worse.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

And he is Correct, none of those things are required, How much soap, toothbrushes and beds did the "terrified" asylum seekers use in their home countries??

to quote another person in THIS thread on your side...

"they can't afford gold teeth"

what else could they not afford?

why give them "luxury" Items that they are not used to nor have the ablity to use?

or are you insisting your "white privilige" be pushed on others? how bigotted of you, just becuase you use a toothbrush doesn't mean everyone else in the world does.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Wait a minute. What is more unsanitary, a concrete floor that you can bleach for new incoming arrivals or a mattress that has billions of pours for bacteria to hide in?

What is unsafe about kids sleeping on the floor? My kids try to sleep on the floor every night. I'm pissed I wasted my money on beds.

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
The number of lefties is growing.

The number of radical lefties may be slowly growing, while the number of sane liberals is rapidly abandoning the democrat party. The good news, there are far fewer radical lefties than radical lefties would have everyone believe.

I think you are in for a rude awakening in 2020...

link   
Is anyone defending the wholesale release of these detained people considered the health risks involved? TB is a major and rising issue in the migrant population.

Here is a link to the post I made about this exact issue, with links to the CDC detailing the problem.

Migrant TB on the rise

Think of that next time you and your child are in line at the grocer, when the person behind you is coughing. Are they an illegal immigrant with TB? In many southern border states this is a daily reality.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It doesn't matter. We're on the track, the train has left the station. You see it here too, in numerous posts, the rationale that If these kids parents are criminals, then they deserve the treatment they're getting.

Blame Congress! Pass the buck!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Dfairlite

Yet when we said we were going to ship them to sanctuary cities you all whined.

What? And drop them off in the streets? The Federal Government took custody of these children and it's their responsibility to care for them and provide them with safe and sanitary conditions.

you still have not addressed the massive human trafficking element.

Secondly, the US foster care system kids are assaulted, sexually, physically and emotionally, and used for financial profit all the time.

Gosh, then I guess they shouldn't come here with children seeking asylum, it's dangerous, and YOU AGREE!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

It doesn't matter. We're on the track, the train has left the station. You see it here too, in numerous posts, the rationale that If these kids parents are criminals, then they deserve the treatment they're getting.

Blame Congress! Pass the buck!

And you are here spreading lies and fake memes with photos taken form your beloved Obama's administration? These kids are merely political pawns to you and your ilk. Frankly, it makes me sick...seriously.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sigh....

Asylum seekers are fleeing their homes and running for their lives.

Sigh...

90%+ of so called asylum seekers do not qualify for asylum and are just trying to game the system.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

And he is Correct, none of those things are required, How much soap, toothbrushes and beds did the "terrified" asylum seekers use in their home countries??

See? There it is you all.

But, Oh My! there are FAKE MEMES! Where is my fainting sofa!?? Oh! The humanity!

edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I'm not suggesting solutions, your government doesn't care what I think.

They are not sleeping directly on the concrete floor, they use small camping style mattresses and survival blankets that can be thrown away. To be honest, it is much better than what they been living like for the months of travel. If services were not overwhelmed they would be in bunk beds.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join