It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret FBI recordings accuse Martin Luther King Jr of...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Nickn3

Anyone past a certain age has heard those stories.

My grandfather was a county sheriff from the late twenties to the early 40's, and he had a lot of stories about FBI agents overstepping their boundaries. More than once he had to order them out of the county, or spend a night or two in jail.

Wow, that's actually a really cool historical anecdote.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Is that the best you've got?

Nope... the rabbitholes can't be quantified...

Martin Luther King a gay pedophile

Ghandi was a Racist

Gandhi tortured himself with the young women

Mother Teresa a Spy

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It was well known that King was a philanderer. Preachers in the black community are just dressed up pimps.

It doesn't take away any of his accomplishments though imho. All leaders, heros, etc are human and do human things. They make mistakes. They have addictions. They have bad judgment. They have skeletons in their closets. All of us.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I say BS creative writing simply because of the FBI mailing a copy of a cassette tape to King with himself saying and doing those things with advice of "you should kill yourself".

That's basically saying the FBI was trolling in the 1960s for fun.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Nickn3

Anyone past a certain age has heard those stories.

My grandfather was a county sheriff from the late twenties to the early 40's, and he had a lot of stories about FBI agents overstepping their boundaries. More than once he had to order them out of the county, or spend a night or two in jail.

Same

When I was a teen, growing up in Baton Rouge, my 'step uncle' used to be an auctioneer. There was a hotel called the Capital Hotel along the riverside that he was auctioning. It was a very old Hotel with copper plated bar counters, Huey P Long memorabilia, and all that. I was given a bit of a history lesson by him as he described the tunnels under the streets where it was commonly known that MLK used to have prostitutes faried to him via that route in to the hotel. I decided to check these tunnels out for myself.

Beneath the hotel, starting at the ground level, there was this huge ramp, kind of like a car ramp, that went down pretty steeply. It lead to a nuclear fallout shelter, where at the bottom were the tunnels beneath the city. It amazed me that the ramp seemed to go down so far, so deep. It was so dark and spooky, I never made it to the bottom of the ramp. The closer to the depths that I got, the more the hair stood up on my arms and the most evil fears came to heart. At the last moment, I found myself walking back up the ramp backwards, fully expecting to see something jump out of the pitch darkness at any moment. Scariest moment of my life to date.

My point, however, is that this was very commonly known to people, apparently. I've had this conversation with others older than myself who were in their prime during these times and it was always the same dialog. Sometimes more stories would come up about his exploits with infidelity, drunkenness and hookers.

Apparently his teachings were in his words but not his heart. Sounds like what he really meant was for people to be free and enjoy the company of prostitutes. Maybe he wanted the company of white girls too

edit on 28-5-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

’m getting tired of how far the media goes back to gather negative information on both sides .

Maybe people should think about leading more exemplary lives. Then they dont have to worry about what the press might dig up.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You mean like when the trump colluded with the Russians in order to rig the election?

Because that's what the press told me it happened.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
His Good words are what created the movement for civil rights, not his actual actions. So, whatever personal lifestyle choices he had made and acted upon is meaningless except for being gossip fodder.

Men, considered Great throughout history, have had made poor choices in their personal life interactions. Those actions had no bearing on the good works their words created. History often tames the heroes stories out of respect for the balance applied against the good works.

I am sure even the story of Jesus was tempered for consumption. His words were what created the movement not the drunkards and prostitutes he hung out with.

Obama's and Trump's lifestyle choices are meaningless due to their powerful words creating a movement in our nation. Obama's "Yes, we can" lit a fire in our citizens the same as Trump's "Make America Great Again" . Words are powerful, especially when others act upon them.

The focus should not be on whether someone is a saint, but whether someone does good overall.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What purpose would it serve now if this is true?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don’t think that smearing the messenger should impact the message.

2cents

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It shouldn't, but does. Always has.

Why do you think "dirty tricks" are so prevalent in politics, or any other facet of life? They're effective.

I couldn't careless if MLK was, or wasn't, a saint. His message still resonates with me unlike few others have. He was, is, and always will be, one of my personal heroes. Perhaps even more so now, as he's no longer the saint he was when I was a child, now he appears to have been a man complete with a set of mortal foibles. Makes what he did even more remarkable to my eye.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
His Good words are what created the movement for civil rights, not his actual actions. So, whatever personal lifestyle choices he had made and acted upon is meaningless except for being gossip fodder.

Men, considered Great throughout history, have had made poor choices in their personal life interactions. Those actions had no bearing on the good works their words created. History often tames the heroes stories out of respect for the balance applied against the good works.

I am sure even the story of Jesus was tempered for consumption. His words were what created the movement not the drunkards and prostitutes he hung out with.

Obama's and Trump's lifestyle choices are meaningless due to their powerful words creating a movement in our nation. Obama's "Yes, we can" lit a fire in our citizens the same as Trump's "Make America Great Again" . Words are powerful, especially when others act upon them.

The focus should not be on whether someone is a saint, but whether someone does good overall.
Sooo... in your opinion, words are greater than actions?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

I'm in my 50's and I have heard these rumors about MLK for decades. I have several friends who are black ministers and they despise the man.
If this is true I say we cancel the MLK holiday and start renaming the streets.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The media is predictably quiet about this. Just imagine if this report was about a member of the Trump family, his father, and uncle or even a cousin, or even any prominent Republican for that matter. That's all the media would be talking about.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

again in situations like this I like to make it simple. Did you, your mom or your grandmother ever do anything 20,30 or 40 years ago that you’re ashamed of?

Of course you/they did.

Would you like it broadcast all over cable news 24/7 after you or any of them are dead ?

Of course you wouldn’t .

Doesn’t matter what position you held it’s the same thing .

The only reason people attack dead people that did good things.

Is to diminish the character of the dead person and that take away from their accomplishments .

edit on 28-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join