It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillette: Transgender Shaving Ad

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I stopped using their products after the first feminist commercial. I no longer buy Gillette...anything. Never will again. True enough they monopolize shaving products, but As long as the razors and shaving cream of other underdogs work...they will continue to get my money from now on. I suggest all men do this. It's clear that they are compromised by Liberals and feminists and to buy their products as a man...is tying a noose around your own neck.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Many points made here make a lot of sense as to why this commercial was made. Whoever made the commercial is, like someone said, probably the “progressive” type and wanted a trendy and controversial ad for some free “advertising” and subconsciously ingrain the product name into minds of consumers.

They should have done it with a NRA angle that way their only offending one group, the anti fourth amendment group.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

wow gillette really pulling out the big guns !

a female to male trans kid shaving for the first time , and a POC family too , and the dad is there to show him how to shave!

# gillette and any other corporation who will use politics to advertise to yoU!
marketing is hell !

and best to stick to Bill Hicks mantra, if you are in marketing kill yourself!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
this is just another example of corporate entities trying to show they have humanity and compassion
and that their demographic isnt just all men ! but all people who need to shave
but thats as far as it goes, they just feel the need to make these ads so that they can show on the facade they "care"
about their customers!

load of #e though

no corporation truly cares about their customers they only care about their bottom line

you see this happening in gaming as well , game developers are getting hounded by fans if they makes games that dont have a vortuous message or arent dealing in real world politics enough!

Ghost recon, wildlands recently had a story on it , where the fans were criticising it for not being political enough , and this was before it was even launched !

Companies feel they need to make statements in order to stay fresh in the minds
either that or they are just gambling by taking a risk on advertisement just to generate Hype to keep the brand fresh in your mind !

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The price of womens razors are almost double the price of mens. Despite having nothing more than a little more plastic and maybe a pennies worth more conditioner.

Interestingly enough, I've found that they last longer than mens'. That could be why.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

How does this commercial make you feel like a peice of # for just depicting a trans person? Is it sacrilege for trans people to buy the same razors you do?

Seriously why is this an issue or you idiots?

The only reason this would alienate anybody is if they already hold an unreasonable bias towards trans people in general. In other words" i'll never buy that razor again cause they're ok with trans people".

If you feel like an a-hole mabey your just an a-hole...

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Gillette is genius.

Everyone is talking about this ad, including you. Their marketing worked.

They also know that it is mostly women that buy these products for the household.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Gillette is genius.

Everyone is talking about this ad, including you. Their marketing worked.

They also know that it is mostly women that buy these products for the household.

If Gillette was genius, they wouldn't have lost 20% market share in 7 years.

Gillette used to be the 'name' in shaving. They still are...if you want to take about barely mid ranged products being priced as luxury.

They have become the Alfa Romeo of the razor world. They will always have die hard fans, but newer and better options are just too easily available...and generally for a better price.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I saw a black guy shaving, and they didn’t actually “say” Trans, but they alluded to it...so they’re trying to be cute about it now and push these ideas through clandestinely. As mentioned earlier, after the first feminist commercial I have given up on Gillette 100% and will not go back until I see a public apology from them and proof that they have fired the feminist that made the commercial. At any rate, I have not used Gillette since that feminist commercial. Not sure why feminists are even discussing male shaving products, unless it’s to debase men....which is what they did. If this is indeed a Trans commercial now, which it appears to be, and they want the sacrifice their entire male base, for a Trans community that is less than 1/2 of 1% if the population, maybe their commercial should be “Gillette, the best a Trans can get”.

edit on 28-5-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

As a business with a target base largely of men with various political opinions (Liberal opinions NOT the most popular, although heard the loudest because they won’t give the microphone to Conservatives or anyone who disagrees with them), they should not be discussing politics or social identities at all. If a Trans and a Man can both use it..,,then buy it and use it. They should focus on the quality of the product itself, instead of trying to change people’s minds politically or socially. That’s not their job. Their job is to sell a product, to ANYONE who can shave their face. No need to call out one particular gender. Hell, even women can use them if they want, who needs to know but the purchaser? To try to force their beliefs onto their entire male base, is corporate suicide, because these are hot topic discussions and most men and women as a whole do not agree with the favouritism that the “less than 1%” are getting over everyone else. Gillette used to make products for the sake of the product and everyone (predominantly men) were targeted, now they have shamed men in the feminist commercial and left the average man unincluded in this Trans video.

As for the gaming, I also won’t buy a game (no matter how popular it is advertised) that forces me to play as a woman. I’m not a woman, can not relate and feel silly running around killing other men in the game...as a woman. It’s just always in the back of my mind while playing....”I’m a man, what the hell am I doing here?” it’s just not necessary, when we have always been able to “choose” our own gender. It’s been nice knowing you Gillette, but you made the wrong call, despite your twisted, misdirected political and social philanthropy. Lol.
edit on 28-5-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Gillette is seeking to alienate their male customers. Earlier this year, they released an ad trying to show support for the MeToo movement by putting down "toxic masculinity."

How would either of those ads "alienate their male customers"?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Real men use a straight razor.
Those multi blade things are for boys.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

If your manhood is dependent on the brand of razor you choose, you have issues.

Ditto with restrooms and everything else in life.

I can't help but see those that are triggered by these things as being insecure in their masculinity or the facade of masculinity they have created.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My opinion? Gilette (and other companies) sell womens' items at a higher price than mens'. This is a marketing move geared towards women; they will be enticed to buy more (overpriced) stuff. Peak Capitalism.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

You wont play as a woman in a video game because it makes you feel less manly?

Roflmao.

So space marine doomguy killing demons from hell you can relate to, but space marine doomgirl killing demons from hell you cannot?

I saw a transgender on television and now its the end of the world.

Bigots all over.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
My opinion? Gilette (and other companies) sell womens' items at a higher price than mens'. This is a marketing move geared towards women; they will be enticed to buy more (overpriced) stuff. Peak Capitalism.

Because all women are secretly transgender men?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is there any proof in the advert that the kid had any stubble or facial hair to start off with?

Was "he" on hormones, and woke up looking like cactus?

Where's the bits of paper over all the cuts and nicks?

Or are they suggesting that shaving is just a kind of ritual, and the equipment is just a placebo?
Yeah, real environmentally friendly too with disposable razors!
But since it's just a ritual, maybe no blade is required, and the plastic thingie can be used indefinitely?
Just stock up on the shaving cream.
I guess it's hard selling shaving equipment to bearded "cucks", "soy-boys" and hipsters.
No wonder they need another angle at the moment.

All I care about is whether the shaving equipment works - transgender or cisgender.
First show me the stubble, and then I believe it works.
Imagine going through all the trouble and cost of being a transgender male, and you can't even grow a beard.
I imagine that could be very frustrating.

What I'd like to see: son comes back from his first semester at college as a Hare Krishna monk, and the parents are so glad he's moving out that the dad shaves his head for him:

"Son, I might not agree with all your choices, but when you're chanting away in your ashram in India, just remember, you can never come home again. Your mother and I will be living it up in Barbados. Now - please pass me the third razor".
edit on 28-5-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't want you to "make statements" and be woke. I want you to make an effing product that is good and does what it says it will do.

To put it bluntly, no one in the world cares if you're a transgender kid or a father of one having to shave for the first time anymore than anyone cares about someone else's kid doing his or her first anything. It has nothing to do with anyone hating on transgender children and everything to do with your kid not being anymore special than anyone else's when it comes to his or her first shaving experience.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
for a Trans community that is less than 1/2 of 1% if the population, maybe their commercial should be “Gillette, the best a Trans can get”.

It is suggested at .6%, but I would bet that is pushing it due to the public popularity it has received in the last few years. In 2016 it was .3% and in 2013 it was estimated at .002 to .003% for females to have gender dysphoria.

Big market shares for Gillette!!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't want you to "make statements" and be woke. I want you to make an effing product that is good and does what it says it will do.

I guess you didn't like it when Coke wanted to get the world to sing?
I don't get why this ad makes you sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join