It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillette: Transgender Shaving Ad

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: sapien82

I don't want you to "make statements" and be woke. I want you to make an effing product that is good and does what it says it will do.

I guess you didn't like it when Coke wanted to get the world to sing?
I don't get why this ad makes you sad.

This ad is annoying because it tells me nothing about Gillette razors.

As for the Coke ad ... I wasn't even born yet, so that was why it didn't make me sad.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If Gillette really wants to shake things up, the next video they release should be the Kraft Sex Tape.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I never said my manhood was based on what razor I use. You’re just trying to get under my skin by using the oldest tactic in the book when you can’t form an intelligent argument, and that is attacking a man’s sexual confidence. I assure you that I my gender confidence is optimal, and doesn’t need your opinion to enhance it in any way. Your attempt to debase my “manhood” has failed miserably. You don’t even know me, so you’re just taking pot shots like any unintelligent person would.

I said they have always catered ‘TO MEN’, not that I personally depended on their razors to prove I was a man, slow one. You’re the worst example of someone who chimes in to debate ever. And yes (as normally I wouldn’t stoop to such a level, but it seems this is all you know)...I am indeed challenging your intellect. You go straight for the low blow simply to win an argument. Here’s something to put in your back pocket for future reference....if you don’t have an intelligent debate or retort, it’s best not to say a thing. You’re only removing all doubt that you’re not too bright, when otherwise we may have just thought that. You’re welcome.

edit on 28-5-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

I always though the best razor ads showed razors skimming over wet body parts or shaving balloons without popping them or showing how their particular blade configuration was better than something else, etc., not that everybody in every grievance groups shaves. I think we all knew that culturally speaking, humans have hair in places they don't want, so they shave it.

Can't wait for the home bikini wax kit company to show that first trans bikini wax ad.

edit on 28-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

as far as I know "The Best a Man Can Get" Is still their slogan.

They lie.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Also, what the hell is a "razor?"

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Something we women shave with because I doubt you want us walking around with braided pit hair or technicolor dyed pit hair.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Forgiveness, two threads blurring in my mind.

Julian Assange being dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy, and the next day you see him clean shaven.

Gillette, the best the CIA can get!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Something we women shave with because I doubt you want us walking around with braided pit hair or technicolor dyed pit hair.

Meh, truth be known, it doesn't bother me. I'm basically a Scandinavian/Slavic barbarian out of his normal timeline. I wouldn't call a woman's body hair a turn on, but it certainly isn't a turn off. Facial hair on a woman is
though.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Julian Assange being dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy, and the next day you see him clean shaven.

He looked like the Mandarin from Iron Man 3 when they arrested him.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I see you remain triggered.

Good luck to you.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The way it sells razors is like anything, it's the few squeaky wheels that make noise as always. Noise enough to turn heads and bring attention to something.
Heck those who start the screeching are probably on the payroll. Kind of like how some music bands put plants in the audience to get the screaming and cheering at concerts going. Paid shill starts to scream and humans being humans take the cue and join in. Because everyone wants to belong.

But yeah, have you got some stats to prove they're "pissing everyone off"?
7 billion people on this planet. You think Gillette has pissed them all off?
Doubtful.

But yes, so they piss some people off, those people then maybe don't buy the product any more, no real loss, they're a minority. More than likely though they will be humans that are lazy and hypocritical and tend to be more bark than bite that will still buy the product.

On the flip side though you then get people who will buy the product just to spite those greasy wheels making a fuss.
"I'll buy this razor, it'll show those damn homo/trans/phobes!"
So a bump in sales

You then get more gay people and trans people and their supporters etc saying "Awww Gillette cares let's buy their product and show our support for them!"
And sales get further bumped if only slightly.

Now the news covers it, the social media covers it, forum posts are made about it, youtube commentaries appear and memes are made and it goes 'VIRAL'....
Within a day Gillette has gotten million and millions of dollars in free advertising for a fraction of the cost compared to traditional marketing of the pre-Interwebz days.

So even if they are selling slightly less product from "pissing everyone (that's not everyone) off" they would still be profiting from having less expenditure on promotion.

It's social engineering. It is why they and the politicians etc. make lots and lots of money and have power while you give them said money and just impotently complain on the internet and nothing else.

They do it because it works. And people are genuinely that stupid as to not see what is right in front of them, no matter how obvious and simple to grasp the thing is.

You seriously think any multi million dollar company would risk intentionally 'pissing everyone off" and risk going broke?
No, they know how it was going to go down, just as they knew last time they would not go broke for ads saying all males are wife beaters, and looky looky they did not go bust.

Seriously this is only a ting because people make it a thing. Only a small percentage of mankind cares about such nonsense. The rest of us moved into the future a long time. Only the stragglers holding onto what used to be having a cry on both sides.

WAAAAAH THEY'RE PISSING EVERYONE OFF!!! (Although I mean they're pissing ME off!)

WAAAAAH IT'S ABOUT TIME GAYS AND TRANS WERE BETTER REPRESENTED! (Despite them having rights and # like everyone else does these days)

It's all basic psychology and the sheep keep following the shepherd. Because that is all they know how to do, because that is what they've spent a life time being trained to do.

I might of said it already, but did you know people are stupid?

But tl;dr version is: The vast majority of people are idiots who just think they're smart. The few that are actually smart know this and they exploit it.
If you fall for it, well that's a 'you' problem.

edit on 28-5-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos and grammar probably more errors in there.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

yeh I totally get you on the whole idea that they dont need to engage in politics to sell a product because its the product we are after not an ideology along with it !

as for the gaming , I dont care what avatar represents me in a game , its just a game after all !
I can play as either a woman or a man because consciousness isnt gender .
On the basic level we all have consciousness , and we are all human , so to say you cant relate
I find confusing when you have access to the same conscious field as every other human !

strip away identity and all we have is pure consciousness and we all think the same as we are all human!
I can relate to any human , because they are also human , I can relate to male or female , trans, disabled , every human on earth can relate to each other because we are all the same thing !

well at least thats how I see the world

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Gillette.. Not the sharpest razor in the tool box..

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

How much do you reckon Gillette is paying me then because I need to bill them.

I get what you're saying about luring in the niche market, but at less then 1% of the population, is that enough to replace the rest of us who look at this and still wonder why this is a razor endorsement?

So a transkid, a fat woman, and men who aren't toxic (basically men who aren't men ... or white ... according to that Gillette ad) can shave with Gillette razors, but how well do those razors actually shave anyone because that's the part that's missing ... you know, the part about how good those razors actually are at shaving.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Careful, are you saying you do it for mens sake? You may have just put the whole womens movement back a peg or two.

Oh oh.
Better to say something we women do to maintain personal hygiene.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Careful, are you saying you do it for mens sake? You may have just put the whole womens movement back a peg or two.

Oh oh.

Eff the women's movement. All you've done for me lately is complain about transkids. Thanks to you third wavers, we now have men in our dressing rooms again.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Oh oh.

Eff the women's movement. All you've done for me lately is complain about transkids. Thanks to you third wavers, we now have men in our dressing rooms again.

Ah ha now we get to the crux of your problem with me. Nice to see you don't hold a grudge over from one topic to another.
Do you plan to hate everyone who isn't a LGBT sympathizer? If you do then i suggest you re evaluate that position.

As for Gillette it's the best a man can get apparently, They shave crappy so they may as well do crappy adds as well. If all ive done for you is as you've suggested then a very closed mind you must have.

But as cindy Lauper sang " i can see your true colors shining through", ohhh maybe that could be Gillettes new slogan.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
someone should just do a totally over the top male ad

no sexism , just over the top manliness

like a lumber jack who shaves with a chainsaw
and a ninja who shaves with a katana
a soldier who shaves with a commando knife
a workie who shaves with his trowel
just daft # , just to take the piss , like a parody and there is actually no product other than to make people
laugh at how ridiculous this identity pish is !

seriously identity !

who is it , that actually wants an identity ?

who is the person that says , I am me !

load of bollocks hahaha

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From an advertising standpoint, its a win as we are all talking about it. There is nothing more stogy and boring that shaving gear honestly. Differences in price? Yes, but as far as technology? they are all about the same.

If you are that upset that a FTM is featured in a ad for razors then its 100% your prerogative to find yourself something else. As I support Gillettes right to use a transgendered kid in an ad I support your right to vote with you $$$$ and take your business elsewhere The vast majority of us will simply shrug and go back to buying whatever it is we grew up with.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join