It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillette: Transgender Shaving Ad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Destruction of family as a unit liberals have no pride so you can't embarass them no matter what,liberals go by a knee jerk reaction,and love showing sick stuff only they like

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

But coconut oil does wonders for the skin. stahp h8 broski!!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ewww

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
For the life of me, I cannot understand why Gillette is seeking to alienate their male customers.

Just because it causes you to get your knickers in a twist does not mean that it affects everyone else that way. Simple as that.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Why would it alienate their regular customers? Do you care who besides you buys the bread at your store? Unless its the last loaf you dont care who is buying what.
This is no different.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have been sporting a beard for a year or so..just got tired of shaving, it's been nice not having to.

I'm hoping for the "Troll Army" to start a new troll campaign to start a new trend. Men, grow your beards in tribute to celebrating our masculinity!

Any bets on watching woke CNN reporting on "New Nazi trend in the making. Men who go out in public with beards are Nazi's??? lmao

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

as far as I know "The Best a Man Can Get" Is still their slogan.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Lumenari

To be honest I hate razors and haven't used them in years.

I don't want to shave my face every morning, it's time consuming and uncomfortable, especially in the summer.

I'm sorry society. I have a beard. It's an apathy beard. I'm not making a statement with it, it just grows, and I don't have the care to prevent it other than a trim every couple of weeks.

Same. However, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Brio Beardscape.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I have been sporting a beard for a year or so..just got tired of shaving, it's been nice not having to.

I'm hoping for the "Troll Army" to start a new troll campaign to start a new trend. Men, grow your beards in tribute to celebrating our masculinity!

Any bets on watching woke CNN reporting on "New Nazi trend in the making. Men who go out in public with beards are Nazi's??? lmao

That would be a critical blow to hipster culture. I'm in.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You can only make a real man when you throw your child into the wilderness the cream an the blade, with the statement "Training begins now" while being slapped at the same to simulate reality, and not showing them how to shave.

Also every knick or cut means you have to stay out longer till they get the close shave right.

The way men should be...right ladies!?
edit on 27-5-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Whatever happened to just making a good product? Why do you need to make a political or social statement? I've never bought any brand because I thought the brand was "woke".

Anyways, figured it would be a good discussion topic.

I thought "woke" meant that one saw through the BS of propaganda and the pc insanity drive. I didn't think it meant towing the crazy train party line.

Gillette's ad department must have gone insane and taken upper management with them on the crazy train to throw their support behind less than 1% of the population. This is not "woke", it's more like corporate suicide. Maybe they need to read up on "universe 25" and societal implosion.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The price of womens razors are almost double the price of mens. Despite having nothing more than a little more plastic and maybe a pennies worth more conditioner.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What about fighting for your ladies honour, even though that an her past maybe questionable.

What bout paying them telephone bills that she keeps building up?

What about taking a shot by life to the groin an chin and getting back up? Even though that will add further inquiry and cheap shots to it actual size or your sexuality? Even though it questions theres if they ask?

What about alimony?

What about having furniture thrown at you by your true love when it that time of month, and trying to defend yourself while the cops beat you saying it wasn't me, while you were the one who called!?

What about momma jokes!?

Can you handle being slapping men on the ass for good luck while being totally homophobic at the same time?

Do you have what it take to be a real man!?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: seeker1963

That would be a critical blow to hipster culture. I'm in.

The hipster culture just needs some gentle guidance and they can help society.

I'm actually surprised they catch so much flak. Other than their goofy "style" choices... They seem to prefer local businesses, buying from top local performers whether it's art, food, beer ect. And many of them are pushing back against the digital age and trying to maintain things that keep community interaction.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So, people actually still watch and pay attention to ads? Huh...I stopped years ago, I forget people actually pay attention to them still.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They're working on us ladies too. They've released this one in there.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Read Nudge.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Honestly I don't care who shaves with what and what's in the ads. I pay them no attention.

Why am I going to stress over men and woman needing to shave.

Should we ban transsexuals from shaving? Should I be outraged that they have body hair and would like to keep it groomed regardless of how said hair got there?

What next ban female razors? Because you know razors are a straight conservative man's domain.

We should prevent ads that appeal to hipsters, because they're not manly enough for a razor? Then again they don't shave any way.

Seriously how does a company appealing to a certain demographic and selling them product like a good little Capitalist company should harm you or disrupt your life in any way?

If it upsets you, why? Did watching it make your penis fall off?

Are they holding a gun to your head? Holding your family hostage to force you to watch their advertising material?

What are you going to do if every brand of razor decides to advertise to gay men, and trans women?
Will you quit shaving?

HOW IS THIS EVEN NEWS?

All I know is I walk into a super market. Go to the aisle with he razors and grab whatever suits me at the time. The advertising doesn't influence me. It's irrelevant to my freewill. My life is unaffected by any ones razor choice but my own. And even then it's not majorly impactful.

Seriously people need to get over it.

I can understand being pissed at someone taking a dump in your cornflakes, but it's just no life whining when your concerns are whether or not a black-trans-lesbian-midget is using the same Oral B tooth brush as you.

And on the flip side if you love this crap why do you feel the need to celebrate it? It's marketing it's there to sell you stuff. It's not some major achievement in trans-humanist rights to be celebrated.
It's just a god damn ad to make Gillette money.

And it works. Because look at all the damn attention it gets. Good or bad they are getting 10's to 100's of millions free advertising.

Is this the best we can do as a species?
Is this really what we are going to devote time and resources on?

# me I think I have died and this life is literally my hell when I see how much stupid there is in the world.

What is wrong with people?

edit on 27-5-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They're working on us ladies too. They've released this one in there.

Well that actually does look like a good amount of the US population. Just more surface area for shaving. Maybe the soda companies and Gillette are in cahoots. "Don't you tell me a can't get the oil drum size Coca Cola!".

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious they want to signal virtue. Probably has more to do with projecting their "sensitivity" and "awareness" than cornering the trans shaving market.

"Woke" liberal marketing might alienate some of their more traditional base. But at least we all know Gillette is morally superior providing shaving equipment FINALLY for the mentally ill.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join