It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's Almost gone...Theresa May FINALLY to resign and leave on 7th June....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Let's start off by pointing out that I also hold David Cameron in utter contempt, as he was responsible for the referendum in the first place.

Cameron needs arresting from his shed where he is reportedly hiding and writing a book, then marched to no 10 and made PM again and forced to sort out the mess he created.

My wife has told me that when his book comes out I am not allowed anywhere near the nearest bookshop, as apparently I will go into a frothing rage merely at the sight of his face on the dustcover.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

She is a woman who's singular talent was to get promoted far beyond the level her ability could match.

I think that sums her up quite eloquently.

What this country needs right now is its own Donald Trump , someone who is not afraid to upset the apple cart.
Oh wait ... we've got one !

Desperate times require desperate solutions.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I can't think of anyone more unsuitable to lead this country than Boris Johnson....apart from Jeremy Corbyn.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I can't think of anyone more unsuitable to lead this country than Boris Johnson....apart from Jeremy Corbyn.

Or perhaps Michael Gove , Sajid Javid , Jeremy Hunt , Dominic Raab , Matt Hancock or Amber Rudd.

At least Johnson is amusing so he has that going for him.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Wonderful news. A Remainer trying to deliver Brexit was always going to be a disaster.
The new PM has one main job and one alone - to deliver on the People's Vote of 2016.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

May engineered her own political downfall in her two ways. Firstly, she purposely set out to keep the UK in the EU in all but name. Secondly, she had no idea why the Brexit vote won. People may chose to disagree with my first point, but her ignorance concerning the motivations behind Brexit was enough to seal her political fate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Cameron needs arresting from his shed where he is reportedly hiding and writing a book, then marched to no 10 and made PM again and forced to sort out the mess he created.

I think you will find those pesky voters caused the mess. They voted in a way the ruling class did not expect. To blame Cameron for discovering that the majority think the UK should leave the EU is perverse.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Ok so leave Cameron out of it, instaed arrest all the people who voted for Brexit and have them shot...... Then a second referendum

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes Corbyn may be a little TOO left wing, maybe he has some questionable opinion's on certain matters BUT at least he is genuine OLD center left Labour and has gotten Labour's founding principles back into the spine of the party.

I found a lot of your post to be a little dubious but that is really pushing it, he's as centre left as Mogg is centre right. To brush over his racist pro terror group views and the fact he was determined that The Deal Everyone Says Is Toxic But Can't Say Why wouldn't pass through Parliament in the hope it would force and election (hint, that would require the conversatives to call one or a vote of no confidence in the government to succeed - God knows the groups on both side deserve that at the moment.) shows him and his party to be merely opportunist sh!ts more concerned with party power than the good of the country.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Unless proven wrong, I think this may be the kind of silliness about bananas not being curved enough and sausages not being long enough that was out and out lies spun by the right wing media in the '80's and '90's to show people that the EU was controlling our lives. That was BS as well, in fact, Yes, Prime Minister (or Yes Minister actually used it as a joke before it got in the press I believe).
edit on 25-5-2019 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Firstly, she purposely set out to keep the UK in the EU in all but name.

well, no she didn't actually. The customs union lite aspect was not part of the deal that went to Parliament at any stage, it was added to what would have been in the amended deal to try and get something that would get a majority. Not sure what else you think made it like we would be in the EU in all but name?

I want as a minimum the same level of workers rights as the EU and the same for food standards (sorry about that if you are American), don't you?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Yes Corbyn may be a little TOO left wing, maybe he has some questionable opinion's on certain matters BUT at least he is genuine OLD center left Labour and has gotten Labour's founding principles back into the spine of the party.

I found a lot of your post to be a little dubious but that is really pushing it, he's as centre left as Mogg is centre right. To brush over his racist pro terror group views and the fact he was determined that The Deal Everyone Says Is Toxic But Can't Say Why wouldn't pass through Parliament in the hope it would force and election (hint, that would require the conversatives to call one or a vote of no confidence in the government to succeed - God knows the groups on both side deserve that at the moment.) shows him and his party to be merely opportunist sh!ts more concerned with party power than the good of the country.

Look I am NOT going to argue with your point there, my own Grandfather was Military intelligence before the war - and perhaps during it - he fought the IRA, saved a high ranking personages life from an IRA assassination attempt and some idiotic newspaper hailed him a hero revealing his identity so he was forced to leave my nan with there children - and the children from her first husband - previously widowed - and go and take a grace and favor job behind a desk in Canada over the Canadian mounted police.
His exact or rather external title was Instructor on the Intelligence Staff while in the British Army but he actually had a group of turncoat's and other spies working for him some of whom were embedded inside the IRA in the 1920's and 30's (we had a photograph of him in his officer's uniform complete with sash, baton etc from the late 20's.

So as you can guess I actually feel no sympathy for the IRA despite having a sizable amount of Irish blood myself about as much as I have English, the Irish treated Irish citizen's whom chose to fight the NAZI's some of whom were heroes in the most appalling manner when they returned to them and the original Irish revolt only succeeded because during the first world war the Kaiser shipped weapon's to them in order that they might cause chaos behind British line's, when the Irish revolt took place they burned the record's office and not only other British but many native Irish found themselves bullied from there own property with no ability to prove it was there by the IRA members whom had CLAIMED it.

Meanwhile the Majority of those Irish were actually descendant's of well to do Irish whom had done rather well under the Crown while the majority of POOR Irish whom had suffered under the Potato famine (Because the Irish Catholic church chose to sell the produce since it owned almost all the land in Ireland and so chose profit over the lives of the Irish people and then blamed the English from the pulpit) had actually fled Ireland's, surprisingly the majority ended up right here in England and to a very large degree replaced the poor English whom had suffered enforced exportation (Tory's of the past) to Australia, the America's and other colonies adding to the displaced Scot's (that was also not entirely down the English especially in Victorian time's the wealthy Scot's wanted to use the land for more profitable ventures so evicted so called tenant farmers some of whom came from lineages that had lived and farmed that very land for millennia and had never sold it during a period of the largest land grab in British isle's history when Scottish lord's claimed land that was not even there's but no one was able to contest them.

And don't get me started with Jihadists, I am also part Jewish by the way and about equal part Maori though I am definitely a Christian English man but then we are an island remember and also the nation which gave the world the saying a Wife (and kid's) in Every Port.

So I am not at all trying to white wash Corbyn but remember like I said he can only rule by consent of parliament and as a prime minister I actually DO believe he would be far more human and far better than the Tory Lout's - I would dearly have loved to see a miliband government but that is passed now and like I have always noted.

Politics is a pendulum if it swing's too far to the right it is bound to swing back equally to the left.
And in British politics - pre devolution - that left the Liberal's as the piggy in the middle, these day's however the political dynamic's of our country and it's division has never been greater.

That said I actually do think Corbyn can unite this country, give people back there NHS, there Post Offices, there Community bobby's, There Cheap and affordable rail fares, Subsidise british employers at time's of economic crisis creating job security where there is non.
Abolish most Zero Hours contract's also creating job security.
Build public housing which in turn will force down the price of private housing development's and allow people to actually get onto the property ladder rather than the much abused Tory whitewash policy which was claimed to do the same thing but never did.
End homelessness - we had actually achieved that but the Tory's seem hell bent on reversing humanitarian policy's of the past and driving rough shod over the poor while they laugh about it.
Restore free higher education in vital subjects to enable our nation to once again become a strong leader in technical and science based disciplines in the future as well as to provide our own high quality doctor's again - while yes the world always then head hunted the best we had.
Restore free public library's and council services.
Get our road's, water, power and transport system's back under public control as vital parts of our economy and national security.
Maintain and reclaim to public control vital industry's squandered by the Tory's such as British Steel, they are chasing after this ridiculous HS2 which serves no one (Except 'WEALTHY' Tory's and friend's of Tory's with investments in or a method to make money out of the building of) while regional link's are more important and being completely neglected by them - while they are outsourcing to France for steel - paying for it with tax payer money - while our own country's last remaining steel plant's go bust.

Open your eye's man, did you see British homeless - other than runaway's and drug addict's in London and perhaps central Manchester prior to the Tory's, can you walk down a high street in any major city today without seeing scores of homeless people.
Are not Corbyn's few fault's a fair price to pay to get our country's ethic's back and to save it's soul, to end that scandal of Tory inflicted poverty and homelessness.

To my mind the period of Tory rule since they first took office as the leader of the ConDem coalition (never was a coalition so appropriately named) has been more harmful to the people of this country than a period of war.
Worth of note while Blair took us into the needless Iraq Conflict as Bush's lapdog Cameron and his French counterpart forced a war even the US did not want at the time the Libya Conflict which has triggered much of the migrant stress in the Mediterranea as a consequence because Qaddafi actually kept the migrant's from using his nation as a departure destination (though in earlier years he did help plenty of Iranian's get into Europe on fake Libyan passport)
edit on 25-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Trusting any politician either Left or Right, is like placing your genitals in the mouth of a hungry crocodile and trusting them not to bite.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

A long post, very thoughtfully written.

Your family history is interesting, I personally am half from Southern Ireland Catholic stock, plus part European but born here by an English mother. I really don't need the Irish history lesson thank you, I think I've heard it from people whose previous generations have lived it.

What I despise and always will is any group using terror, violence and death to achieve their goal. While Corbyn has throughout his political career (and he's never had anything but), he has been openly contemptuous of the UK while praising terrorist groups who carried out such things. I could and indeed would agree with him about the current Israeli treatment of Palestinians, he then goes on to praise and honour those from the region who have acted with violence against the Israeli population and makes disparaging jokes about 'UK Jews'. That isn't funny, it's no more acceptable than attacking any other demographic with such a broad gesture, and it doesn't become someone who thinks they should be in a position of power. To say he would be better than anyone in Parliament in leading the country, just look at his voting record over his entire career when at each stage he has voted against his own party yet acts like a pathetic child when he himself is criticised.

You then basically talk about taking policies further than even Corbyn and McDonnell do -

That said I actually do think Corbyn can unite this country, give people back there NHS, there Post Offices, there Community bobby's, There Cheap and affordable rail fares, Subsidise british employers at time's of economic crisis creating job security where there is non

And Labour has historically done that when, and who has to pay? Why should I or anyone else subsidise employers who aren't making money? Why exactly?

Abolish most Zero Hours contract's also creating job security

It's not zero hours contracts that are the issue, saying 'most' is disingenuous, zero hours contracts are bread and butter to many who work agency or who are freelancers, this is a Corbyn soundbite with no depth into what he actually means.

End homelessness - we had actually achieved that

Rubbish, numbers are higher now, but there was never zero homelessness. The Big Issue was selling just as highly in the Blair/Brown era, where did you get that from?

Build public housing

Currently at its highest level for more than 60 years

Restore free higher education in vital subjects

It never was restricted to 'vital' subjects. It was Blair who set the target of 50% of school leavers to go to university which was madness leaving to so many graduates now in debt with no job. It was Blair who introduced the fees. I would happily pay taxes towards university entrants in vocational skills with a contract that they would spend a set number of years in the public before going private and getting rich, no party has actually proposed that.

Restore free public library's and council services.

They already are. Get councils to look at where they are spending.

Maintain and reclaim to public control vital industry's squandered by the Tory's such as British Steel

You mean an unsustainable business which went to Tata steel which sold it to a venture capitalist company for a pound who then rebranded it as British Steel, took over £125 million from the government, still lost money and then asked for another £78 million? Why? Why exactly? Massive over production globally and US tariffs - sheesh, sorry, I know this sounds hard, but would you like this country's last pound go into subsidising it?

Open your eye's man, did you see British homeless - other than runaway's and drug addict's in London and perhaps central Manchester prior to the Tory's, can you walk down a high street in any major city today without seeing scores of homeless people.

I've seen that since the early '90's which is when I started travelling the UK a lot in work. You are either quite young ( I don't think you are) or perhaps you've only recently started looking. In the late '90's - Blair's era - if I saw someone homeless person with a dog I would go and buy a snack for the person and a meal for the dog, I stopped giving cash after I saw them drinking what they had bought with my and others well meaning intentions, don't kid yourself that this is something new.

Are not Corbyn's few fault's a fair price to pay to get our country's ethic's back and to save it's soul

That's nice if you are a momentum acolyte, but if you were, you would typically be a student with no real history of this country except what momentum had force fed you.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Tommy 10 names springs to mind. LoL

I ken he's not in the running, and we have not fallen that far, but give it time and anythings possible if the current climate prevails.

Anyway back to reality.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

The puppet has finished her performance, but will the puppet-master carry on?

Sir Mark Sedwill . . . “is now Cabinet Secretary, Head of the Civil Service and National Security Adviser — the first man to hold all three posts simultaneously. It can’t be healthy for such power to be concentrated in a single civil servant, especially one with apparent contemptuous disregard for elected politicians.”

It seems to me, a mere bystander in this bizarre affair, that the glove puppet Mrs May and her Puppet Master Mark Sedwill share this trait in common: neither of them shows the slightest regard for their fellow politicians but see themselves as Grand Viziers ruling over a vast empire of slaves.

. . .SHE CONTRIBUTED NEXT TO NOTHING and always deferred to Sedwill.

MAY WAS LITTLE MORE THAN HIS GLOVE PUPPET.
www.darkmoon.me...

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I suppose the capacity to make mistakes must increase with the workload he must be under.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Do you know why Theresa May chose June 7 as her departure date?

It means she will avoid being the shortest-serving prime minister in U.K history by a week.

Night everyone, sleep tight, don't let Theresa bite or that image mentally scar you too much. LoL
edit on 25-5-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dunno, I don't think any of them have supplied the addresses of journalists so they can be beaten up and scared off publishing exposes of his mates.

Thug life

edit on 26-5-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Do you know why Theresa May chose June 7 as her departure date?
It means she will avoid being the shortest-serving prime minister in U.K history by a week.

As I understand it, she doesn't depart then. She triggers a leadership election and stays for as long as it takes to decide the result.
Who is your candidate for "shortest-serving"? Bonar Law, i suppose, though I haven't looked it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join