It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi oil facilities attacked, U.S. sees threat in Iraq from Iran-backed forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Could it have been a false flag or the real deal either way there will be repercussions I have little doubt. Of all the nations for the USA to be in bed with Saudi Arabia would have been so far down the list that they would have not even have been a foot note in my book.

RIYADH/DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said armed drones struck two of its oil pumping stations on Tuesday, two days after the sabotage of oil tankers near the United Arab Emirates, and the U.S. military said it was braced for “possibly imminent threats to U.S. forces in Iraq” from Iran-backed forces.

The attacks took place against a backdrop of U.S.-Iranian tension following Washington’s decision this month to try to cut Iran’s oil exports to zero and to beef up its military presence in the Gulf in response to what it said were Iranian threats.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

All I know is woe is SA.

I think we should all hold a candle light vigil for Saudi Arabia for these dark, dark times.

We stand in solidarity for our allies.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Everyone......

Corner your nuts....

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Another excuse for gas stations to raise prices again.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know facing total inhalation from the US military I doubt Iran is dumb enough to do something like attacking Saudi oil takers. I wouldn't doubt if was Saudi Arabia themselves. Most of the 9 11 hijackers were from there. They have their religious wacko Wahhabi schools. They hate the west and they hate Iran. So a war between us and Iran it's a win win for them.

UK commanders in Syria have stated Iran is not a major player in the area. Trump is doing exactly what Netanyahu and Israel wants. Trump is willing to do what the two previous presidents weren't but at what cost?

I'm pro USA but I'm not delusional. This could easily spiral out of control. America is not invincible. My family knows war well. My grandfather was at Omaha Beach Normandy and my uncle died in Vietnam.

Iraq cost us over a trillion dollars and the price of oil almost bankrupted this country when it hit $5 a gallon. Food prices doubled over night because everything in this country rely's on the trucking industry.

These wars cost money and the zeros we keep adding to the debt at an alarming rate aren't imaginary.
edit on 14-5-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I do not believe this to be a US false flag operation. SA may find themselves alone this time.

If Iran strikes at the US fleet there will be hell to pay. Blood in the water invites blood on the sand. The war drums are getting louder.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If anyone puts an iota of trust into John Robert Bolton, then forget you and your sources. This reject longs for war and makes his living off of supporting war not excluding long term war.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Oil prices jumped Tuesday morning on reports of a drone attack on oil pumping stations in Saudi Arabia, with the kingdom regarding the incident as a terrorist act.

The incident is an “act of terrorism,” Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said, according to the Saudi state news agency SPA, when describing the attacks on two oil pumping stations near Riyadh carried out with bomb-laden drones.

Brent crude futures were up 1.7% at $71.39 a barrel. US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures settled at $61.86 per barrel, up 1.2%.

sputniknews.com...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: carewemust

Oil prices jumped Tuesday morning on reports of a drone attack on oil pumping stations in Saudi Arabia, with the kingdom regarding the incident as a terrorist act.

The incident is an “act of terrorism,” Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said, according to the Saudi state news agency SPA, when describing the attacks on two oil pumping stations near Riyadh carried out with bomb-laden drones.

Brent crude futures were up 1.7% at $71.39 a barrel. US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures settled at $61.86 per barrel, up 1.2%.

sputniknews.com...

Further reading would discover UAE claimn that terrorist attacks will not deplete their output from production. This further evidences the greed of companies and their excuses of international market "increases".
edit on 5/14/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Same goes for Israeli sources they lied out their asses leading up to Iraq. Not to mention Colin Power speech he gave at the UN. John Bolton had is hands all over in that one too.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Everyone says that Iran has everything to lose in a war with the U.S. and is just posturing. Then, the oil tankers and now the oil pumping stations being sabotaged has the same people suspecting or at least entertaining the idea that these are false flag attacks or attacks by someone who isn't Iranian, possibly even self-harm propaganda by Saudi Arabia.

It sounds more far fetched than the spooky CIA doing it but after they went to the embassy in Turkey and dismembered a diplomat alive, I decided not to put anything past them. He was still alive because the injection of sedatives or whatever it may have been couldn't have killed him that quickly and they were very short on time.

What if Iran wants a good fist fight, needs one? If you remember your history, their war with Iraq was pretty ugly but they won. The Iranian military is much more professional than the Iraqi army ever was or is right now, and they have the most passionate of causes. They might be really wanting to do this, these attacks might be bait.

It's not suicidal if you view it from a certain perspective of the Ayatollah and company. They might even stand to gain from it afterward despite taking a beating and with these types of regimes, nationalistic and Islamic fanaticism, like I said before.. you can't put anything past them or out of consideration.
edit on 5/15/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Something is afoot. False flag seems possible; it is a convoluted situation at this point it is hard to tell.

An interesting and insightful tidbit From your linked article:

"A senior European diplomat voiced skepticism that Trump’s “maximum pressure” strategy would force Iran to capitulate.

“Iran is not falling to its knees,” said the diplomat on condition of anonymity, saying Iran could resume its nuclear work and leave Washington with no option but military action.
“Does Trump want to go to war with Iran especially during an election campaign year?” he asked.

Democratic Party candidates are already campaigning ahead of the November 2020 U.S. election aiming to stop Republican Trump being re-elected."

President Trump needs to navigate these murky waters very carefully. I am tired of seeing our Soldiers sent to war.

I think about the fact that for most of my life we have been at war, even more so my child (her whole life) Enough is enough.

Our VA medical system could use a huge break from war as well.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

But it's again just a dent. They're not killing anyone. We have no idea if Iran is behind it. Saudi Arabia and Israel are well known for being against Iran. And who could blame them? Burning flaggs, monthly threats... maybe the only way to end proxywars is a showdown between all players. Cards on the table.
And that's the problem Iran war is just beating the # out of someone with no backing. Saudi Arabia, Israel, USA versus Iran. Russia is probably against it, but not really in it. China? No.
On my list "I check my priorities" to resolve first the China thing, then Russia and then maybe Iran probably not.
SA & Israel are also more than capable to handle it themselves.
How about the US finishes its Syria thing? Or finds a solution for Venezuela? Like a buffalo stampede, you rush from conflict to conflict, blow stuff up, kill a bunch of people and "woosh" gone. The key to win a war is to pick your battles.
Also Saudi Arabia sucks.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Don't know why my gut feeling is this a 3rd party ploy and not necessarily state-backed. Iran would be stupid to mess around, but conversely, the US has no business starting chit either. Id say some faction within Saudi Arabia is nosing around grabbing the tiger's tail. Cant count out Isreal and Mossad either,as been mentioned elsewhere. China is less likely but in todays world who knows
edit on 15-5-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The Saudis are NOT our friends.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But it's again just a dent. They're not killing anyone. We have no idea if Iran is behind it. Saudi Arabia and Israel are well known for being against Iran.

Never forget the USS Liberty incident!

edit on 15-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If anyone would care to read a fact-based analysis on this without the usual political drivel:

Stratfor has really good stuff Unfortunately you're limited to how much you can read them without paying an expensive fee, but you can read one article for free (3 a month if you register on their site I believe).

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Peeple

But it's again just a dent. They're not killing anyone. We have no idea if Iran is behind it. Saudi Arabia and Israel are well known for being against Iran.

Never forget the USS Liberty incident!

I had a conversation with someone on this subject recently. I know it's popular to think the Israeli's attacked Liberty to draw the US into their war against the Arab states, but that theory makes no sense when you consider one simple fact: there was no way the US was going to think one of the Arab countries Israel was fighting were the attackers.

1) The Israelis attacked using planes that it was well known were only possessed by Israel among nations in that conflict.
2) They made numerous low passes so the crew could easily identify them as Israeli planes.
3) They halted the attack before they sunk Liberty and killed the whole crew, guaranteeing that Washington would find out it was the Israelis that attacked it.
4) And then, just in case, Israeli almost immediately contacted Washington and told them it was Israel that attacked them.

How exactly was that supposed to make the US attack the Arab states? That's a terrible plan.

No doubt Israel has done some shady things over the years, as have the US and pretty much every country on Earth, but that theory just doesn't hold water to me.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
you right-wingers should be happy.....trump will get a "wag-the-dog" war, before the elections, maybe even delay, or call it off altogether.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
you right-wingers should be happy.....trump will get a "wag-the-dog" war, before the elections, maybe even delay, or call it off altogether.

LOL war is the last thing Trump wants if he wants to get re-elected. Not only will it enflame the left but a good bit of the moderate Republicans as well. Not to mention he has an angry Congress to work with that never helps. If its being manipulated by Americans a better case could be made its neocons and warhawks in the military. LOL or the left that continues to try and trip him up

When is the last time elections have been delayed or called off?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join