It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman has died

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi there, my name is Justin Gunther. I live, and have lived, in Fredericton, NB Canada for my whole life. I'm sure many of you know this is where Stanton Friedman called home until his unfortunate passing earlier this year.

I've been seeing strange things in the sky here for at least the past few years, but have only recently began to document them in detail, primarily because when I first started seeing them they were too faint in the sky for my cell phone camera to pick up properly.

I have documented four nights of activity, and have the first up on YouTube already. The second night is uploading now, and I will continue uploading the videos and documenting the skies here at night as I have time.

Do you need to have a certain amount of history before you can start a new thread here? Because I can't seem to find an option to create a new thread. I can't figure out how to embed here so here's a direct link. Thanks.

www.youtube.com...

Justin

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is the next video in the series:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JustinKGunther

yeah like 15 posts, but see if you can find a topic that is already started or p[ost it here.

quality posts are important so please dont #post to get to the number you need to start a thread.

and remember this is your introduction to the community, if you have ANY questions there is a good PM system here so that way you can get advice on videos.

also keep your whits about you and having a thick skin never hurts when posting videos.

if your vids are just some distant point of light that just hangs in the sky so far away you cant tell what it is or doesnt have any crazy movements, honestly we have seen that a million times. if you are seeing these lights regularly get a tripod and a good camera and document time and direction etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'm hoping others in the area will document with better equipment, and that maybe this thread will point someone in that direction. The quality of the video isn't great, but there are quite a few of these things flying around, and there never used to be. I've been here ~40 years in the same area and this is a new phenomenon with no serious explanation given or great public inquiry as to why. It's strange. Here are videos 3 and 4.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JustinKGunther

I lived in Fredericton for about 9 years and I am well aware of your surroundings.

There's an airport on Lincoln rd which is not far from where you are and never forget that Base Gagetown also has a helicopter squadron on the base. Many times Americans or others go to Gagetown for training so... only god knows what you are seeing but I doubt it is aliens. UFO's would not have steady blinking lights like Air Canada would.

That being said, I would suggest to still look up to the stars as you never know but you would be better off to do so away from city centers with less interference. Ever heard of the Shag Harbour incident that happened in the late 60's ? It's not far from Fredericton by air so keep looking. I now live 2hrs north of Fredericton and I have seen weird acting flying objects over the years.

Don't give up mate

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 7-9-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: JimOberg

Sad news , no matter what people think of him his name is synonymous with Ufology and he was one of the giants in the field.

RiP Stanton Friedman.

I'm probably the only person who was overjoyed with this news. His name is synonymous with Ufology because he was just a flea and he was NOT one of the giants in the field. He dragged UFOlogy into the pits of stupidity with his big mouth. He left a long-standing stench. He ruined the field for a lot of people especially his bs about Roswell and other never-happened UFO crashes. UFOlogy would have been better off without his nuklear-physicist bs.

Good riddance!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Another nube with no manners and no respect.

This is happening a lot lately and is disgusting for those that love ATS.

Stanton was a great contributor to UFOlogy, and his legacy will stand the test of time.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Now you're showing your true colors...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

the only person...? Yeah, that does seem to be the case. Which doesn't say much in your favor, does it??

Friedman was not the problem with UFOlogy. People with opinions carved out of stone, without regard to other opinions were, are, and will be into the future, the problem.

Before you blame others for the problems in UFOlogy, you might take a look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

the only person...? Yeah, that does seem to be the case. Which doesn't say much in your favor, does it??

Friedman was not the problem with UFOlogy. People with opinions carved out of stone, without regard to other opinions were, are, and will be into the future, the problem.

Before you blame others for the problems in UFOlogy, you might take a look in the mirror.

Honorable legacy!
Wikipedia:

Friedman was the first civilian to document the site of the Roswell UFO incident,[5] and supported the hypothesis that it was a genuine crash of an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

In 1996, after researching and fact checking the Majestic 12 documents, Friedman said that there was no substantive grounds for dismissing their authenticity.

A piece of evidence that he often cited with respect to this hypothesis is the 1964 star map drawn by alleged alien abductee Betty Hill during a hypnosis session, which she said was shown to her during her abduction. Astronomer Marjorie Fish constructed a three-dimensional map of nearby sun-like stars and claimed a good match from the perspective of Zeta Reticuli, about 39 light years distant. The fit of the Hill/Fish star maps was hotly debated in the December 1974 edition of Astronomy magazine,[10][11] with Friedman and others defending the statistical validity of the match.

Friedman was outspoken in his articulation of positions and in his criticism of UFO debunkers, often stating he was not an "apologist ufologist". His positions are regarded as controversial in mainstream science and media,

Stanton T. Friedman = anal cavity. Good riddance.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: To correct format.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Terribly sad.

Stanton was one of the key authors that got me interested in the UFO phenomenon.

I really hope that the next generation of UFO researchers get some better figureheads than people like Tom Delonge....

Who out of the current crop even comes CLOSE to people like Stanton?
edit on 16-9-2019 by Ezekiel because: (Posted too soon)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ezekiel
Terribly sad.

Stanton was one of the key authors that got me interested in the UFO phenomenon.

I really hope that the next generation of UFO researchers get some better figureheads than people like Tom Delonge....

Anyone that's not a liar, presents faulty, non-existent "evidence" and is always in contention. I hope NO ONE emulates him. Tom Delonge and his cohorts are going to impress a lot of impressionable young minds 'cause they identify with him and being with Blink82 is a big plus. I hope NO ONE comes close to Friedman. One in a lifetime is more than enough.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

Terribly sad.

Anyone that's not a liar, presents faulty, non-existent "evidence" and is always in contention. I hope NO ONE emulates him. Tom Delonge and his cohorts are going to impress a lot of impressionable young minds 'cause they identify with him and being with Blink82 is a big plus. I hope NO ONE comes close to Friedman. One in a lifetime is more than enough.

Seriously! Give it a rest! Your arragonce and ignorance is really annoying! You could not help it could you! To come on here and have a dig at someone who is dead. Well done!
Sad fact is, we have hard core believers, and we have people like you! What do you have in common? Both rely on their belief system.

It's clear from your posts! Writing what you write, trying to look intelligent, is more important to you than getting to the bottom of this phenomenon.

But seriously! Coming on this thread with your ignorance and arragonce! Not good!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Terribly sad.

Seriously! Give it a rest! Your arragonce and ignorance is really annoying! You could not help it could you! To come on here and have a dig at someone who is dead. Well done!
Sad fact is, we have hard core believers, and we have people like you! What do you have in common? Both rely on their belief system.

It's clear from your posts! Writing what you write, trying to look intelligent, is more important to you than getting to the bottom of this phenomenon.

But seriously! Coming on this thread with your ignorance and arragonce! Not good!

Neither is your obvious ignorance.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Terribly sad.

Neither is your obvious ignorance.

Yeah, everyone's ignorant, apart from you!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I have seen/read some of you posts... OMG. You act like a 5 year old.
And you have the balls to talk about Stanton like that?
Get out of your basement and learn to respect others (alive or dead) and you MIGHT see life a little different.
Basically... GROW THE F"CK UP
edit on 2019pAmerica/Chicago9America/Chicago23America/Chicago19America/Chicago13 by openedeyesandears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears

I have seen/read some of you posts... OMG. You act like a 5 year old.
And you have the balls to talk about Stanton like that?
Get out of your basement and learn to respect others (alive or dead) and you MIGHT see life a little different.
Basically... GROW THE F"CK UP

Guy has a huge ego, but lacks any common sense! I have read his posts too, and he is the worst kind of arm chair debunker! Why? Because he does not care if ufos are real or not, he cares about trying to look intelligent to people around him!

When people talk about belief getting in the way, they are talking about people like him.

So disrespectful coming on this thread and having a dig!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
True and I appreciated Stanton. If he didn't believe what Stanton stood for, he didn't have to listen to him.
Another know it all and never got to learn anything in life. I bet you he's a 14 year old trying to impress everyone on here.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join