It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman has died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
André Skondras just relayed this sad news: he just read this announcement on the Stanton T. Friedman (official) Fan Page: "I am sorry to say that Stan passed away on the evening of Monday, May 13th. His family is requesting that their privacy be respected at this time."

+18 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Sad news , no matter what people think of him his name is synonymous with Ufology and he was one of the giants in the field.

RiP Stanton Friedman.
edit on 14-5-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Well may the Lord rest his soul, many liked and many disliked the man but one thing is certain the UFO community will not be the same without him.
Seemed a nice guy from what little I have seen of him on the odd documentary I enjoyed and watched in which he either gave a speech or an interview, he shall surely be missed by a great many fan's.

+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Always fought his corner and believed in his research, RIP

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Noooo! I can't believe it... I had some differences with him in some areas but I respected him and I have enjoyed listening to him many times over the years... either way he will be missed.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If I am reading this thread now a couple years on i will find he is not dead at all. I will remember this thread and who started it but no one will remember and it will be gone! Such is the world today.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
While I didn't agree with Friedman's assessment of the UFO situation, his undeniable dedication and hard work at least brought the subject of UFOs right into the mainstream, and allowed a lot of people to come forward with their sightings with less of a fear that they'd be called drugged or crazy. It's unfortunate that his strong belief that flying saucers were pieces of hardware flown here somehow by beings from other planets kept him from using his investigative skills to get a more data-inclusive view of the phenomenon.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Until I see a credible source, I say BS.

Good day sir.

+10 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"There is no doubt in my mind, after 37 years of study and investigation that the evidence is overwhelming that planet Earth is being visited by intelligently controlled vehicles whose origin is extraterrestrial. There are no acceptable arguments against flying saucer reality, only people who either haven't studied the relevant data or have a strong will not to believe that Earth is at the bottom of the heap sociologically and technologically in our local galactic neighborhood."

Stanton Friedman ~ a Great American.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
And there goes another legend. I can remember George Noory (C2CAM) mentioned his health trouble a couple of times in last months. Rest in peace.

+7 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Until I see a credible source, I say BS.

You just said Jim Oberg is not a credible source.
Excellent post Jeff!
How I wish it was just Jim lying to us again.
edit on 14-5-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: bye Stan

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sad news indeed, I remember his excellent AMA here on ATS. A man with a great personality and certainly a celebrity in his field. What a loss!

Rest in Peace, Stanton.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

May be fitting to add some recent interviews and video's, bing is not perfect but here are a few.

This was uploaded on January the first of this year but could be older.

Here is a much older video.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

as dark as it sounds i've been expecting this news.

he had a long interesting life and definitely entertained and educated me.

wonder if he got is answers

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
wonder if he got his answers

I wonder if any of us will.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Whether you agreed with him or not. I think the guy did a lot to engage people in the topic.

That will be his legacy.

RIP Stan.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
May he rest in peace. Partly thanks to him the UFO subject was kept alive here on ATS.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I always liked that he didn't try and sound too crazy, and used no gimics....rest in peace, stan
edit on 14-5-2019 by jimmyx because: add on

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm very saddened by this news. He will be missed in the UFO circles. I've always enjoyed listening to him speak.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
journey well Stanton.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join