It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving tommorow for the border, will miss you ATS'ers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Leaving tomorrow to meet up with some other folks at the border. Not going to draw this out because I have no idea how long it will take. Suffice it to say logging in may be difficult and sporadic, the area is very remote. However one of the first things I want to do is set up good, uninterruptible communications including a way to dump a bunch of video or photos to the Web on a minutes notice should it be necessary. Unsure whether getting on ATS or any other website will be smart or even possible where we will be at, but I will certainly try. I don't know how my day will be without the daily ATS "fix"

There are so many here I enjoy reading, interacting with, learning from... and there are others who do not see eye to eye with. In any case, having the chance to debate with you, learn from you and interact with you has been a high point in my life over the last 15 or so years. You ladies and gentlemen are the best of the best, and I hope as a community ATS'ers see that basic truth for what it is

I don't expect it to be particularly dangerous, even with hundreds of migrants, drug smugglers and the cartels. What I do expect to be problematic is rattlesnakes, heat/dehydration, and running around the dark with 50 pounds of stuff I hopefully will not need. Ah what the heck, I am sentimental about leaving my home, my family and even you ATS behind for an unknown period of time. Going to miss you all, and hope to see you in a few months/however long it takes. But I will be back. A little smarter, a little wiser, a little bolder and with any luck more humbled. But back all the same

Who knows, maybe I'll even see some of you out there

Take care folks, see you later
-JB

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Have fun.
Play nice.
Above all, stay safe & good luck.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24335768]JBurns[/po

I will definitely miss reading your posts.

I gather you know how to take care of yourself or wouldn't be going, but it sounds awfully dangerous.

Please, be careful.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You coming up from Honduras or Guatemala?
Either way, safe journeys and once you cross the border and get here, it'll all be good. Don't believe the fake news! You'll be taken care of!! We want you guys up here. Everyone's welcome!!

Vamos!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Buy a body-cam, it will protect you from claims of brutality or whatever if need be. Your footage would make an excellent thread, that is of course assuming you wish your actions to be recorded. I support you lawfully protecting your border, but only if humanely following regular laws of self defence and citizens arrest. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Did ya practice your hog tie?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Best of luck, hope the trip is enjoyable !! 😎

+45 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I personally find this very disturbing.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hells yeah!!! Smack around a Canuck for me!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I understand why you and the others down there want to do this, but man, one out of control heated moment could land you or someone else in jail for a long time.

Stay cool, stay free.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RUokayHun

We will all be wearing body cams, the entire group I will be with is made up of active and retired law enforcement officers, public safety pros, etc. Will be hauling in plenty of bottled water for ourselves and those we come across. Absolutely nothing illegal, immoral and/or stupidly dangerous will be happening on our end

Most likely not going to doing many private citizen arrests, at least not initially. The initial plan is to use hobby drones, trail cameras, FLIR scouts and other tech to figure out where they are coming in and then turn that information over to border patrol, other groups in the area and use it for our own purposes. Also going to be offering cash rewards to any migrants who give up names of human traffickers (that check out), the routes they took, cartel members or drug smugglers in their group and so forth

The plan for now is to assist the individuals with water, basic medical aid (many of us have some level of medical training) and directions to locate border patrol agents, and generally play a support/information gathering role. We will use radios, phones or other means of communication to relay that information to border patrol.

Human smugglers, drug traffickers, cartel associates and the like will absolutely be arrested under existing statutes/common law precedent arrest by private citizen and turned over to authorities and the weapons are for self defense only not to intimidate, gain compliance or any unlawful purpose. For our protection as well as theirs every interaction and virtually every minute will be recorded

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Thank you toolgal462
it is sincerely appreciated. I will miss reading your posts as well

Two on me, cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Good travels.

Stay safe.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, if this is all for real, right or wrong, regardless of what I think about the matter, no one will ever be able to say you sat around on the Internet and just talked about it, but didn't "DO" anything about it. You're standing up for what you believe in, and there's a hell of a lot to be said for that!

I will speak for myself when I say my hat is off to you for standing up for your convictions!

Remember though, don't punk out and show back up a week from now saying it was no fun, hot and the pay sucked...so you bailed.

I support the border control theme, no matter how it gets under control. Give 'em hell, but don't forget to use your own personal common sense. Don't let others coerce you into doing something you don't think is right / just. (and know there will likely be some who try). And always remember there are laws, and those laws apply to everyone, not just illegals! Know you're walking a fine line.

Keep your head down, your powder dry...and your canteen behind you.

Water is the heaviest thing you will ever carry. The human body is 70% water.

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Best of luck to you!

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

What I find disturbing is your lack of support for people trying to uphold the law of the land and keep illegal immigrants out of the US.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Good luck! See you in the news!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

What I find disturbing is your lack of support for people trying to uphold the law of the land and keep illegal immigrants aliens out of the US.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: eXia7

What I find disturbing is your lack of support for people trying to uphold the law of the land and keep illegal immigrants aliens out of the US.

Fixed it for you.

Oh yeah, good point. thanks lol

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good Luck!!!

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

it is. and kind of sad.