It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does no one care that the ISIS caliphate was destroyed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Maybe because some feel that they've only won a "battle" and have a very long war ahead of them.

Or twitter has suppressed the celebratory tags.
edit on 16-4-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

a reply to: Tartuffe

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

I'm sorry but your opinions about me mean little at this point given your ahistorical opinions about everything else.

How about we talk about the destruction of the caliphate and how little you care?

It's not opinion, it's fact, once again, do your research.

I corrected your inaccuracies, didn't I? I must care a little bit

What inaccuracies?

Your words:

It wasn’t so long ago that ISIS territory was dramatically expanding in an attempted realization of its world-wide caliphate
---INACCURATE AND WAS NEVER REALISTIC----.

Impelled by its hatred of non-believers and the modern world, ISIS was on a path to genocide and world domination ---NOT TRUE, WORLD DOMINATION, ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE---. It murdered, raped and pillaged the people as it did the land. Whoever did survive lived under theocratic tyranny, was made a sex slave, or was subject to threat and persecution. It burned books, churches, mosques, libraries and museums. It tortured, beheaded, and desecrated its prisoners, which it filmed for use in its propaganda. It inspired the insane to commit acts of terror all over the globe---NOT TRUE, SOME PARTS OF THE GLOBE, ALBEIT ON A MUCH SMALLER SCALE TO WHAT MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRIES HAVE EXPERIENCED AT THE HANDS OF THE WEST---. This reign of terror destabilized the region and helped spur the ongoing migrant crisis--PARTLY TRUE, ALTHOUGH INVASIONS AND SANCTIONS FROM THE US HAVE ALSO MADE IT MUCH WORSE---.

But a ragtag group of brave Freedom fighters backed by a coalition of states and mercenary volunteers dealt a fatal blow to the Islamic State death cult, which was finally driven out of Syria like it was in Iraq. The people of Syria and Iraq are, after so many years, liberated from the menace that has effectively ruined the lives of countless millions.

Given their aspirations, ISIS was (and still might be) an existential threat to the entire globe---NOT TRUE---. The mass graves, the ruined cities, the diaspora attest to their wickedness. But in this case the forces of good defeated the forces of evil---CERTAINLY NOT TRUE, IF GOOD AND EVIL IS DEFINED THROUGH CASUALTY FIGURES, THEN IT'S DEBATABLE---.

So where is the celebration?

WAAAAY, good enough for you?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've made multiple posts pointing out how Trump was wise to ally with Russian and Syrian forces to swiftly take back ISIS territory, but most people were more concerned about criticizing Trump for pulling out from Syria, despite there being little reason to remain.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

I'm sorry but your opinions about me mean little at this point given your ahistorical opinions about everything else.

How about we talk about the destruction of the caliphate and how little you care?

originally posted by: Gothmog

Given their aspirations, ISIS was (and still might be) an existential threat to the entire globe.

Yeah right, I personally think the bodies stacking up in the name of US neocolonialism is indication of a far greater threat, ISIS were never a global threat, media highlighting and government agendas frightened you is all

Of course you do. But I would argue you do not think that because you know more than everyone else. I would argue you think that because you know less.

Convenience is bliss mate, don't ever forget the part that US neocolonialism played in creating ISIS, if you're going to manufacture consent against a country in order to invade, which has been done many a time, you don't think that groups like ISIS are going to be fallout from that?

And please, explain in what way, and how ISIS were ever a threat to the global status quo?

That's a bunch of ahistorical piffle.

Yeah, right, Iraq, do your research

It ain't down to me to research for you, ISIS was fallout from the bullsh*t that was the US invasion of Iraq:

Indepedent

So , this fellow writing an opinion piece is all in for what Baghdadi said ?
Do you generally go all in for what the enemy is saying ?

So tell me, how did ISIS begin?

I believe the ball is in your court , as the article linked is a propaganda hit piece that I can find absolutely no relevant information on how ISIS was "formed"
If one knows the history of the region dating back at least a thousand years , one would know those sects have been around since near the start of recorded history
Names matter not

Living up to the ATS Motto : Denying Ignorance.
Why ?
I have not done so in days. About dang time

edit on 4/16/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think parades are fleeting as is praise , I believe they would be happier with continued military support and aid to help rebuild the towns and cities damaged or destroyed through their liberation.

If people got off their duff and gave military support and aid like the volunteer fighters that would be something, but we know that isn't going to happen from the indifferent westerner, who is much happier denouncing the US instead of ISIS. A parade in recognition of what the Kurds and others did for us is far less fleeting than sitting around hoping government officials and military are going to offer aid.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Given their aspirations, ISIS was (and still might be) an existential threat to the entire globe.

Yeah right, I personally think the bodies stacking up in the name of US neocolonialism is indication of a far greater threat, ISIS were never a global threat, media highlighting and government agendas frightened you is all

Of course you do. But I would argue you do not think that because you know more than everyone else. I would argue you think that because you know less.

Convenience is bliss mate, don't ever forget the part that US neocolonialism played in creating ISIS, if you're going to manufacture consent against a country in order to invade, which has been done many a time, you don't think that groups like ISIS are going to be fallout from that?

And please, explain in what way, and how ISIS were ever a threat to the global status quo?

It ain't down to me to research for you, ISIS was fallout from the bullsh*t that was the US invasion of Iraq:

Indepedent

I believe the ball is in your court , as the article linked is a propaganda hit piece that I can find absolutely no relevant information on how ISIS was "formed"
If one knows the history of the region dating back at least a thousand years , one would know those sects have been around since near the start of recorded history
Names matter not

There are various sources, do you think the war crime that was the Iraqi invasion played any part in the formation of ISIS? Yes or no will suffice.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Indepedent

Names matter not

There are various sources, do you think the war crime that was the Iraqi invasion played any part in the formation of ISIS? Yes or no will suffice.

What ?
So link to another source
I will put any to rest you care to try .
As I did the first.
As I stated , if one knows the history of the region , those types have existed there since recorded history (or before)
Names do not matter.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Of course you will say 1980s due to the Soviet aggression, with financial support from the US to galvanized 20,000 fighters. That might be the first start of something, but that was still a long way away from the violent fundamentalist Islam we saw start to grow around 2000 that was 10 years after Russia left. With even that the ISIS we saw 10 more years later is also a different beast than even what Zarqawi and bin Laden created, so it is hard to suggest a time when they began since they have evolved into completely different ideologies and goals over the last 30 plus years.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

It is a fact that ISIS wanted a world wide caliphate and was working towards that goal. It is a fact they gained territory and destroyed borders. Your claim that it was "never realistic" means little in that respect.

I never meant to say ISIS inspired terror attacks occurred in every country. I said all over the globe, which though hyperbolic, is a nonetheless true in a figurative sense.

en.wikipedia.org...

You corrected absolutely zero inaccuracies.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Your opinion does not make facts. they were and are heavy into online recruitment, the lone wolf.

but yes they are a disruption and can be wiped out if we kill EVERYONE, but that is what "they" want.

(they are anyone you hate of course)

the SIN of Deash was the wanton destruction of history.

NO ONE has that right, Even in America.

the same SIN the left in America is doing to statues of "old white guys"

I honestly view them the same as Deash.

I wish I did not have to. They have the same ideals and some actions, in common.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Of course you will say 1980s due to the Soviet aggression, with financial support from the US to galvanized 20,000 fighters. That might be the first start of something, but that was still a long way away from the violent fundamentalist Islam we saw start to grow around 2000 that was 10 years after Russia left. With even that the ISIS we saw 10 more years later is also a different beast than even what Zarqawi and bin Laden created, so it is hard to suggest a time when they began since they have evolved into completely different ideologies and goals over the last 30 plus years.

I said earlier that violence breeds violence, the Soviets in Afghanistan probably also stirred resentment, I guess my main point is, what's the point of celebrating when it's greed fueled aggression that causes the need for these groups to be wiped out in the first place, it's just a stupid circle going around and around pointlessly

And it's utter crap to believe that MSM reasoning that it's done for human rights reasons, it's all about profit, regardless of the US or Russia, celebrate what? Once again back to the bad context set out in the OP

edit on -180002019-04-16T13:21:40-05:000000004030201940042019Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:21:40 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Indepedent

Names matter not

What ?
As I did the first.
As I stated , if one knows the history of the region , those types have existed there since recorded history (or before)
Names do not matter.

You should be a politician, nice spin around the point

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It is a fact that ISIS wanted a world wide caliphate and was working towards that goal

Exactly . No different that any other of some groups in the Mideast since the start of recorded history.
The names have changed
The story remains the same.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Indepedent

Names matter not

What ?
As I did the first.
Names do not matter.

No spin
Legitimate response
Where are those "other links" you so vehemently spoke of ?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Indepedent

Names matter not

What ?
As I did the first.
Names do not matter.

No spin
Legitimate response

I've decided to imitate you and put zero effort in

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Indepedent

Names matter not

What ?
As I did the first.
Names do not matter.

No spin
Legitimate response

So , you had nothing
That's what I thought from your first post
Game over , you are all out of tokens

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

Indepedent

Names matter not

What ?
As I did the first.
Names do not matter.

No spin
Legitimate response

So , you had nothing
That's what I thought from your first post
Game over , you are all out of tokens

That's exactly what a politician would say

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You mean that thing on the other side of the world that has no ability to really impact me or my life in any sort of way? You're right! I need to clutch my pearls and start wringing my hands immediately!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I said earlier that violence breeds violence, the Soviets in Afghanistan probably also stirred resentment, I guess my main point is, what's the point of celebrating when it's greed fueled aggression that causes the need for these groups to be wiped out in the first place, it's just a stupid circle going around and around pointlessly

And it's utter crap to believe that MSM reasoning that it's done for human rights reasons, it's all about profit, regardless of the US or Russia, celebrate what? Once again back to the bad context set out in the OP

That's utter nonsense, again. The Kurds and Kurdish-led forces fought ISIS because they were a threat to their own lives and the lives of others. They did not fight ISIS for profits. They freed millions from terrorism and Islamism.

To suggest they were in it for profits while their own people were being buried in mass graves is as cynical as you can get.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I smell trolls

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join